Search results

1. Brake problems....Oh dear

turned out to be the master cylinder. got it back, only took 2weeks, and now the bloody abs and traction control doesnt work, im assuming the abs pump wasnt bled as the garage i used doestn have diagnostic equipment
  2. No ABS or TC!

How would a coil pack cause that? Ive been having a wee look about, is it possible that the abs pump maybe just needs bleeding? it def wasnt done as the garage it was in at doesnt have diagnostic equipment
  3. No ABS or TC!

no they aren't on. I can turn the tcs on and off with the switch tho so doesnt appear to be a fuse
  4. No ABS or TC!

Just got my car back today after it having spent 2 weeks in the garage with bad brakes. Turned out to be the master cylinder. Thats now been replaced. However, now i have no traction control of abs. I have "tried" both of them and they ain't kicking in at all. Any suggestions?
  5. fumes

ah right. magic, i'll do that at the weekend. I changed the coolant temp sensor a couple weeks ago aswell
  6. Brake problems....Oh dear

cheers mate. Had the back caliper off again today, Defo seized. going to see if i can sort something as its still under warranty! Touch wood
  7. Brake problems....Oh dear

Ah right, sounds pretty much a waste of time then. I wish i had bought the eezibleed kit as opposed to the one man bleeder. Hopefully get it connected up to the compressor tomorrow. If i get a chance before work today im going to have a look at the back brakes again, im convinced theres defo...
  8. Boot Stuck shut

cheers nev. Think i know what i need to do :)
  9. fumes

Nah, no black smoke. Funny you should mention the coolant temp sender, plugged in vag com a few weeks ago and it came up with that, So i changed it. No more EML. i've noticed tho that if the car hasnt moved for a few days when its cold, which is quite regular because i use the bike for work...
  10. Brake problems....Oh dear

Yeah, i noticed your post, thats what made me realise about bleeding the master cylinder. Done both nipples. One nearest front of the motor first. Did you have to power bleed it? Ive been using one of the one man kits that has a non return valve on it
  11. fumes

Getting a really strong smell of diesel fumes from the car mostly when starting up, it stinks. wondering if theres maybe a hole in the exhaust at the front or something. Any ideas?
  12. Boot Stuck shut

Had the boot open yesterday for a bit in the wet as i was working away and got caught short, however, i closed it, then went to open it and no go, wont open at all. Ive tried it with both the key fob and using the key but no succes. Any ideas?
  13. Brake problems....Oh dear

I got the car last may and it certainly aint been done since then. When i had it off earlier it was sitting correct, pretty much square to one another. and the handbrake isnt holding properly either. if i apply the handbrake , it goes up 4 clicks and is solid. But if i lift the clutch up in 1st...
  14. Brake problems....Oh dear

one of my mates has a power bleeder, Stays 20mile away tho. He's offered to come down with it. So think that will be the way to go, and it will save me £25 :)
  15. Brake problems....Oh dear

i think i'll get under a give it a check to be on the safe side. Im assuming that jackin the car up and spinning the back wheel will tell me if its moving freely, then i'll try it with the handbrake on, then i'll take that off and try with the footbrake, should hopefully figure it out from there
  16. Brake problems....Oh dear

cheers ross. Im thinking that maybe i have a seized caliper or havent put one of them back enough. The drivers side one was very tight, so much so i had to hammer it on slightly. I noticed the handbrake adjust is sitting at an angle, the one under the centre console, its as though the passenger...
  17. Brake problems....Oh dear

Just went out there. Story is. With the engine off, theres a bit of resistance in the pedal. As soon as i start the engine the pedal sinks to the floor. If i pump it really quick it builds up, but then if i hold my foot on it, it sinks to the floor. If i put my foot on the brake and try driving...
  18. Brake problems....Oh dear

It was open, But always stored with the lid on, so prob aint the greatest. However, I was getting the spongey brakes before using it aswell. It was changed last year, But nowt wrong with doing it again i suppose. Ive had some mixed answers, i always do it with the engine off, but would you bleed...
  19. Brake problems....Oh dear

Nah, aint going to laugh. Had to disconnect the pipes on both back brakes as the caliper rewind tool ammed in both of them, so had to get it on the ground to use some brut force. The tub of fluid i had is a couple months old, dot 4 so is the correct stuff. Im wondering if its mabe worth my while...
  20. Brake problems....Oh dear

I bought the special tool for winding the pistons back so as not to mess it up, all bleed nipples are nice and tight. Even went back around a second time to check them all. When i try pumping the pedal with the engine off, it doesnt build up any pressure, is that a sign of anything?