Search results

1. No ABS or TC!

Just got my car back today after it having spent 2 weeks in the garage with bad brakes. Turned out to be the master cylinder. Thats now been replaced. However, now i have no traction control of abs. I have "tried" both of them and they ain't kicking in at all. Any suggestions?
  2. fumes

Getting a really strong smell of diesel fumes from the car mostly when starting up, it stinks. wondering if theres maybe a hole in the exhaust at the front or something. Any ideas?
  3. Boot Stuck shut

Had the boot open yesterday for a bit in the wet as i was working away and got caught short, however, i closed it, then went to open it and no go, wont open at all. Ive tried it with both the key fob and using the key but no succes. Any ideas?
  4. Brake problems....Oh dear

Ive now got brand new pads and discs on all the way round now. Bled the master cylinder and through all the calipers as per previous posts on here. There doesnt appear to be any air. however the pedal is still spongey. I've been constantly topping up the brake fluid aswell whilst bleeding and...
  5. piston tool

after fighting with my rear brakes i bought the special tool. problem is now, the bloody tool is jammed on. anybody any idea how to get it off. it wont wind back
  6. Rear Pilot

Anyone got any idea what it is? Apparently it makes the brake light better or something. Its an accessory part listed on the seat website
  7. Alarm Led wiring

Does anyone know what cable i would be able to tap a feed off of which feeds the alarm led? I have a plan!lol
  8. General Maintainance

I am looking at maybe putting together a wee post on general maintenance etc for specifically the tdis, although can include petrol engines aswell. What im looking for is things that people dont normally think of, eg not oil changes etc but for example my old vec i had to clean the Idle air...
  9. Really want RS4 alloys!

I am at the stage that i really really REALLY want rs4 alloys for my leon. However i have just shelled out £400 on new tyres for my current alloys which are the leon tdi one Mk1 Think they get called starfish alloys, I have a set of 5 (1 without tyre) and also 1 is brand new. all in great...
  10. PD service Kit

This is prob going to be a really silly quesiton, but i have a 2004 leon 1.9 tdi PD engine, Is it the same service kit eg filters oil etc as the mk4 golf?
  11. Short shift kit...£20??????

Just came across this. Anyone know if it will fit the 1.9 tdi? http://www.vwspeed.co.uk/volkswagen/vw-parts/6_Speed_Genuine_Short_Shift_Kit-2251-238.html
  12. OEM Dog mount bush

I fitted the powerflex bush a couple months back and while i agree it makes the car feel more connected, i cant handle the vibration and noise anymore, neither can the kids, its hurting their ears. So i phoned my local dealer who said they can only find a full replacement mount, is that correct...
  13. BLack FR + Chrome Angels

Really wanting projector headlights and it seems only way is with angels, However, will the chrome angels look ok on the black leon FR?
  14. Leon FR tdi alloys

Looking at selling my Alloys from my Leon Fr tdi 2004. Its the 17" think theyre called starfish. Excellent condition Any idea how much they go for as i dont see many of them around for sale
  15. Cruise control clear up!

Right, have read contradicting posts. Scenario is im wanting to fit cruise control to my 2004 leon fr tdi Do i just need the stalk and to activate it via vag-com or is there anything else i need?
  16. ARB Question

Been looking at getting lowered suspension prob coilovers for the leon FR tdi im picking up on tuesday. Alot of them are saying that they will not fit the ones with ARB attached to the strut Anyone got any idea if it is attached to the strut? i thought it was normally just the drop lniks that...
  17. Pic Request - Black Leons

I have pretty much decided on a mk1 black leon cupra, I'm looking for some pics of them subtly modified, no huge bodykits etc. Just with maybe small splitter etc. What to see what the potential is. Has a look through the readers rides but aint really seen much cheers :)
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members