Search results

1. wurzel

Alhambra vs Sharan 2017/2018 And things to look out for

After many years away from the forum (aside from my amazement at remembering my password) due to a growing family I’m looking to replace our BMW with either a Sharan, an Alhambra or a Transporter. Having read the reviews most recommend the Alhambra over the Sharon and looked at used vehicles...
  2. wurzel

Indicator ticking problem

Yes, very easy to fix... you need to replace the indicator stork. Removing the steering wheel is quite easy just remember to disconnect the battery and wait a little while before you start removing it!
  3. wurzel

'Pidgeon' Valve-ing

Don't listen to anything else that friend tells you :-) Many people have tried atmospheric DVs, they end up causing the 20VT to go into limp mode and throw diagnostic errors. If it doesn't automatically clear the fault disconnect the battery for 10 minutes.
  4. wurzel

1.4 - Flashing Oil Warning Light & Car sounds awful

My sister just rang me to say her oil warning lamp is flashing with 3 beeps (definitely the oil light and not temp gauge) The car sounds like a bag of nails. Car is a 1.4 16V She drive about 1/2 mile home with very little power from the engine. I've done a quick search and found that it...
  5. wurzel

Cold runing problems.

I had exactly this fault over two years ago; eventually the management light came on and one of the Lambda sensors got replaced - problem went away. Somewhere under the car is a connection box that can collect water - worth checking its not just a connection issue (not sure where the box is...
  6. wurzel

Wha att MPG you getting from your 1.8T?

I run mine on bog standard waitrose 95 ron. Normally get in the high 30s / low 40s on a daily 160 mile commute. I've noticed it drop a little in the recent cold weather thou.
  7. wurzel

Water pump

12 months ago or so
  8. wurzel

Stutter only when cold

Lots of different solutions - I had this on my LC to the point where on some cold mornings it sounded like it was running on two cylinders and touching the accelerator caused it to stall. Never had any faults in VAGCOM although eventually a Lambda sensor failed, new sensor fitted and problem...
  9. wurzel

Was my old DV fubared?

On a previous LC my dump valve started making a fluttering noise - SEAT diagnosed it as a knackered DV; put a new one and problem solved. You still hear it spooling up and dumping off but it shouldn't sound like a piece of paper flapping in the wind!
  10. wurzel

Water pump

When SEAT replaced mine I had the choice of of metal or plastic.
  11. wurzel

What's a 20VT like to live with mpg wise?

Like anycar the MPG depends on how hard you drive. My daily commute at the moment is a mixture of A road, dual carriagewa & motorway (80 miles each way) I regularly see 39mpg from my Cupra (sometimes even get 42), even when driving enthuastically I see 35/36 easily. Its the town driving &...
  12. wurzel

Lambda fault code / warm up at idle

This affected my Cupra - dealer fitted new sensor, light was back on as I pulled out of the dealership. Eventually after fiddling with the connections they sorted it. Good luck!
  13. wurzel

323mm Brake upgrade on TDI 110

Just a suggestion but why not just upgrade to a 312mm setup? Probably cheaper and more parts available.
  14. wurzel

Potentially chaging back to a Mk2 Diesel

The facelift model being CR rather than PD? interesting to know that the newer model is giving better consumption
  15. wurzel

Thanks that is good information. The MK1 Cupra has a claimed combined average of 33.2 mpg & trip two over the last 3000+ miles is showing 36.5 so I see no reason why I wouldn't exceed the combined average of the TDI 140 which is 49.5. The MK2 FR I used to own had very hard suspension, I can...
  16. wurzel

I hadn't expected to see 40 from the Cupra; is 50mpg possible from the 170?
  17. wurzel

Its been a while since posting in the MK2 forum as I sold my FR TFSI to buy a house. The job I'm now doing means I'm covering 20 to 25K per year and my MK1 Cupra is having a love affair with the petrol station; driving carefully I'm regularly seeing 38-40mpg however filling up every 2 days is...
  18. wurzel

Will give that a go, no doubt will end up covering the car in WD-40 and smelling it for many months to come.
  19. wurzel

Strange - my cupra has developed exactly the same fault this morning
  20. wurzel

Leon Cupra 180 or Celica 190 bhp ???

It comes down to the driver and how far they are willing to push. Occasionly I get sucked into a "race" or traffic light grand prix but when the speeds are dangerous or if I sense the other driver wants to demonstrate their own or their car's ability at any cost I just leave them to it. The...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.