Search results

1. Leon ST MK3 boot dimensions

Red line approx 85cm Yellow line approx 93-93cm Blue line is difficult as it slopes upwards, about 55cm at the tallest. Sent from my moto g54 5G using Tapatalk
  2. Help identifying hose

51777763 comes up as a hose from a Fiat :)
  3. Jacking options

So long as you use the official reinforced jacking points, it's fine. It's how I change the pads and discs on my cupra ST, and it's no different if you were jacking from the front and then putting the axle stand on the back. There's just not enough room normally to fit the jack and an axle stand...
  4. Jacking options

Nope. But you can jack up from the rear sill point using a trolley jack and then place your axle stand under the sill point at the front if you want to work on your front wheels.
  5. Which bike rack for mk3 estate?

Probably be ok but you wouldn't get the benefit of mounting more towards the edge. It's up to you whether you'd be mounting there anyway, I don't :) but there are plenty of examples of the correct length available with the foot packs separately so don't rush into buying shorter if you don't need to.
  6. Which bike rack for mk3 estate?

Don't think they match as they're a different design
  7. Which bike rack for mk3 estate?

Yes it does, it's just the older product line. I have Thule 753, Thule 4015 fixings on my Cupra ST.
  8. High level brake light Cupra estate

Page 169 on the workshop manual any help?
  9. MK3.5 FR brake disk size?

I'm on my third set of front brake pads and the last change was only because the slide pin was sticking and caused premature wear on one side. Check the thickness of your front disc before replacing. I've just changed the front discs on my Cupra at 90 thousand miles...
  10. Steel oil pan replacement

Does anyone have any experience of replacing their plastic lower oil sump pan with a steel replacement such as this ECS tuning variant? https://www.awesomegti.com/ecs-steel-oil-pan-kit-vag-2-0t-ea888/ I've had a minor oil weep from the car that's been driving me mad for nearly 2 years. Finally...
  11. Lower engine mount upgrade

There's no need for a selfie stick. Lie down on the ground by either front door. Hold camera in hand so you can tap the screen to take the shot. Stretch out arm and take the shot. Job done. Just did mine right now.
  12. 80 miles a day commute in a Cupra

Yeah, me in the "before" times, ending up covering 20k miles a year. You'll need to get used to: Visiting the petrol station at least twice a week. Going for a service twice a year and considering DSG / diff fluid changes more often if you were following mileage intervals strictly. Possibly...
  13. Updating the inbuilt Mib2 Satnav / Mib2 tricks and Mib1

The link still works fine for me, you may need to copy and paste the link into a new browser window to work as I noticed that just clicking the link doesn't work for me.
  14. Cruise control

I tend to get this every few years or so, then it magically turns itself off after the next ignition power cycle on my 2016 cupra. Having looked into it, it seems to be if the car believes there's an issue with the abs sensors so it disables your cruise control as a safety measure. No idea why...
  15. Move selector lever to position P - fixed

Nice one and thanks for the write up! My cupra ST has started playing up with this error, I just have to find the time and the brave pill to take apart my gear lever to discover which colour of supplementary switch I need. Where did you buy yours if you don't mind me asking please?
  16. How is a Leon Cupra as a family car?

It works fine for two, the only thing I could dearly do with is a sound proof screen between the front and rear seats....
  17. Updating the inbuilt Mib2 Satnav / Mib2 tricks and Mib1

Just want to say a big thanks to all the folks here, particularly Tell, for the help and continued support on these map updates. I have a 2016 Cupra ST with an MIB2 standard with Europe V1 card and I've been happily updating the maps with the workaround overall.nds method all this time. I...
  18. Cupra 290 (2016) discs and pads

Ah, right you are :D
  19. Cupra 290 (2016) discs and pads

You need to follow their instructions on their subforum here, register an account on their website, email them and they will upgrade your account with the discount enabled. "To join the scheme, all you need to do is make sure you are registered on our website, and then e-mail us with the...
  20. Cupra & a baby

It's cheaper to buy the right car seat and a buggy to fit the car than it is to change the car :D When Mothercare and kiddicare were still around, we had them check the different brands / designs to fit and they knew which ones were already a no-go as they had seen countless to-be parents...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.