Search results

1. steve_p

ICE install

Lots of pics here from when I did mine. Could fairly easily get two 0 gauge runs through :) http://www.talkaudio.co.uk/ipb/index.php/topic/289398-leon-install/page__hl__leon%20install
  2. steve_p

Performance and Audio upgrades planned...

Try Bill at Badger5 on this forum for your green panel filter :thumbup:
  3. steve_p

Bumpers off. Jobs to do while they are?

Not painting them either ;) I got scraped by a nice old guy in a Merc in Sainbury's car park the other day. He said he'd pay and I sent him a quote. Got the cheque yesterday. :D He actually hung around and waited for me to return to the car to admit it. Not something you see every day...
  4. steve_p

I'm not removing them but I'll pass on the advice about the clips to the garage that is. Thanks.
  5. steve_p

:lol: Cool. Number 1. on my list. Any more ;)
  6. steve_p

Morning all. :D As in the thread title, my front and rear bumpers will be coming off soon for a respray. Any jobs/mods (other than FMIC which I don't have the cash for) which I could get done with the benefit of them being off? Cheers, Steve
  7. steve_p

best straight swap rear brake upgrade

:lol: Agreed!!! :cartman: :banghead2
  8. steve_p

Potential Gearbox problem on LC? :confused:

this might help http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=208157 :)
  9. steve_p

Comparisons for LCR brake discs

Love the Badger 2 piece set up. :clap: :worship: If I ever get time, I'll log the stopping time from a range of speeds with my Vag-Com and post it up in the right thread. Good to hear that you are loving them already JS. :funk:
  10. steve_p

Whine in 3rd gear?

I've always had clunky changes into 2nd/3rd when cold. I think this is what is called a 'feature' ;) I've got the 'whirring / woo woo woo woo woo' noise too on my passenger side. I think this could be a bearing on it's way out. I'm on 452's all round too. I get a fair amout of whirring under...
  11. steve_p

Whine in 3rd gear?

I had this exact problem with my LCR. Ended up costing me just short of £1k for a gearbox refurb :cry: Bearings on 2/3rd were supposedly on their way out. I was told it was probably due to me being a bit harsh when changing down a gear or so under braking for corners etc. The refurb fixed...
  12. steve_p

LCR light weight edition, Getting broken up

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the brakes ;)
  13. steve_p

TT subframe bushes?

Explains why you've not tested those shiney new brakes then :p
  14. steve_p

Electrial problems solved!! (I think)

I had a very similar problem with my LCR. Funky indicators and wipers and headlights etc etc. Luckily I knew I'd just had the battery out for some ICE power cabling. I'd not tightened up the chassis earth correctly on the right hand side of the battery under the air intake pipe. :redface...
  15. steve_p

Lowering my FR+

Will certainly consider you guys when my OEM suspension needs replacing Think it's getting a bit tired now at 70k. Living in North Lincs you are one of the closer dealers!! Cheers, Steve
  16. steve_p

Lowering my FR+

Ride quality will be crap if you only install two...... ;)
  17. steve_p

Lowering my FR+

Discount for promoting his business? :shrug: :whistle:
  18. steve_p

Lowering my FR+

He he.... :D Damian @ DPM is a company who sells them.... ;) Edit: damn... beaten to it.... :)
  19. steve_p

Best place for Strut Braces?

Your local Audi dealer will probably be as cheap as anywhere. That's where I got my S3 upper brace for my LCR. Steve.
  20. steve_p

Mk4 Speaker upgrade wiring trouble

I believe you can buy adapters to allow you to fit new speakers to the OEM connectors. Go have a word with Tom at Audio Island in Brigg. He will be able to give some good advice. Where abouts are you near scunny? I'm in Barton if you need any help/advice in person or need to know exact...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.