Search results

1. BanziBarn

Thinking of buying 2.0 FR TDI - need advice please :)

I have to agree, 18s improve the look of the FR massivly IMO. And, as has been said, if you drive into the Kurb you're going to damage your wheels regardless so it's just about being really careful and always sticking the mirror down when you are parking. One thing I have noticed on the FR...
  2. BanziBarn

Full throttle - glow plug light flashes breifly - no power

Thanks :) I'm not taking the car to a seat dealer as the logisitcs won't allow it, and the car is out of warantee so I'll tip the garage off that it could be the MAF. Cheers!
  3. BanziBarn

Full throttle - glow plug light flashes breifly - no power

Hi :) I've done a search on glow plug and the problems seem to be with the light coming on and flashing, mines not doing that exactly. With mine, if I put the engine under heavy load the car stops accelerating (but maintains current speed) and the glow plug light flashes very briefly and...
  4. BanziBarn

Should headlight aim be covered under warantee?

Phoned them. The resonse was: A: not a particurally quick job on modern cars hence the labour charge (15 mins labour) B: car didn't leave factory with aim out, it is due to speed bumps and they see it all the time. :confused: Oh well, I asked - couldn't be bothered to argue.
  5. BanziBarn

Thanks for your replies, I don't have HID. It was the wife who picked the car up from the dealer so I'm just going by the invoice which isn't easy to understand! But, it looks like they've charge £30 plus VAT for 'Reset headlight aim', so the grand total for the MOT was £86.43! I think I need...
  6. BanziBarn

Hi Guys, I've just had my first MOT on the FR, but have had it done just before my warantee runs out so the car can have a last check over to make sure nothing needs doing. Anyway, the car failed on the number plates (honey comb background) and head light aim. Should I have been...
  7. BanziBarn

Autocar Review on the new FR

Nope checked the Audi Web site - defo 258ft lbs!
  8. BanziBarn

Does seem odd I know, but the figures are... 211bhp @ 5300 rpm 258 ft/lbs @ 1500 rpm http://autos.aol.com/cars-Audi-A4-2009-2.0T_Premium__4dr_Front_wheel_Drive_FrontTrak_Sedan/specs
  9. BanziBarn

Well I guess there must be a reason, and that sounds like a good enough one to me! Shame though, as the A4 with the engine does 0-60 in 6.7 (albeit with 4x4) so it would probably make the FR even better to drive than it is. It's the prefect combination really, power and revs coupled with TDI...
  10. BanziBarn

Very interesting review - Interior looks much better. What I don't get though is why the new GTI and this FR aren't getting the 2.0T from the A4 which while having the same BHP as those two, has 250ft lbs or torque like a TDI (and low tax due to the c02). Seems odd that VAG are now not only...
  11. BanziBarn

Bluefin installed on my FR TDI !!!

I think the most efficient way of driving would be to keep the throttle at a set position, which means slowing down when going up hill, and then speeding up when going down hill. Not sure why I say that, it's just a hunch.
  12. BanziBarn

FR TDi not cold starting

Mine's always been a bit dodgy in this area. The main issue for me is if I don;t keep the key turned long enough on the first start the engine won't fire, then it has real problems the second time. Now I just make sure I hold the key round until I definately know the car is started and have...
  13. BanziBarn

led brake lights >>>>>>

LED will last pretty much for ever I think?
  14. BanziBarn

Where to store the user manual (guide) ?

In the boot with the spare wheel.
  15. BanziBarn

Steaming Up

Well, I'd say, if the window is steamed up, and you put the front window demister on (which with climate control turns on the air con if it's not already so) and the window does not clear pretty quickly, then it's not working.
  16. BanziBarn

Cupra or FR TDI

Oh well, my days of having a go in a VTEC are over, sold the civic yesterday - I feel really sad :( Just washed the Leon though and now I feel a bit better!
  17. BanziBarn

Steaming Up

Is the aircon working? If that's broken it could mean that one wet days you would get this problem?
  18. BanziBarn

Cupra or FR TDI

Well, the thing for me with the Petrol FR was that the linear nature of the power removed the excitement. Yes, you've got more torque than a type-r so in the scenario I mentioned before about overtaking a bus the petrol FR would do a better job than Type-r, but for me, I want something that...
  19. BanziBarn

Has anyone got the USB connection on new LEON

Agreed, from reading this it seems like the USB is of very little use. You can get more than 6 albums on an mp3CD. I guess the only advantage of USB is that you could fill the 6 folders with more than one album's worth of music, but with no ID tags that would make them hard to find. My...
  20. BanziBarn

Cupra or FR TDI

Well, I won't hestiate to say that in a drag race the Type-r is quicker - It just is. But, you have to work the type-r really hard, and if you drive it in a lazy way the Leon would be all over it, if not pulling away. For example, at low speeds in traffic, in second gear, if you want to...