Search results

1. twig

How do i change the wheel bearing?

best bet if you're on a budget is take the whole hub off and ask a garage to press the new bearings into it. Bit of a hassle but you're probably looking at £70ish for a garage to do the whole job I guess.
  2. twig

How do i change the wheel bearing?

Number 2 probably points towards a foobarred wheel bearing, I'd say.
  3. twig

EGR manifold-to-valve pipe

I must admit, I'm toying with that idea, myself, except that the EGR doesn't seem to be furring up with it in place. Bearing in mind that I don't want to spend too much on this (i.e. no race pipe), what would you blank off the manifold end with? I thought about a bit of a beer can between the...
  4. twig

EGR manifold-to-valve pipe

I know this isn't the 'accessories wanted' section but if anyone's recently blanked off their EGR and has a spare exhaust manifold-to-EGR pipe they'd like shot of, could you give me a shout? I put a hole in mine trying to get the stubborn bloomin' nuts off to clean the EGR. Just in case my...
  5. twig

Door speakers etc

17cm in the doors. 4"x6" next to the parcel shelf, I think.
  6. twig

Fumes through the air vents!!!!

Glad to hear you've found the culprit! And your car looks mint by the way.:)
  7. twig

Damaged Steering in Snow.....Help please!

I did a similar trick last year with a tree and managed to get away with just the track rod & track rod end. Mine was a lot straighter than yours, mind.
  8. twig

wheel arches for mk2 cupra (to hide the rust!!)

Sounds sweet. Got any pics?
  9. twig

DIY boost controller

I can't believe I haven't seen anyone talking about this on here so correct me if I've missed it. This DIY boost controller seems like a nice easy way to get a bit of extra power from a standard TDi. http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=103279 Where's the catch?
  10. twig

Cold starting??

no, I think they'd need to be 12 volt bulbs. Have a look at Maplin. They sometimes have 2 multimeters for a tenner. Dunno what you're supposed to do with the second, mind!
  11. twig

Cold starting??

excellent guide here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=79819
  12. twig

Cold starting??

When my glow plugs died last year the engine took about 10 seconds or so to start and there was enough smoke out the back to fill half the cul-de-sac. So I'd say it's probably not them, or at least not all 4. This year, it takes a little longer in the cold but nothing major.
  13. twig

Brake pipe part no. request

cheers. Just spoken to Seat and it is indeed made up as required. Hopefully sorting it out tomorrow.
  14. twig

Brake pipe part no. request

Does anyone know the part no. for the last section of brake line which joins onto the brake cylinder? Mine was on so tight I've ruined it trying to get the nut off and had to scrap it. The car has rear drum brakes if that helps. I've looked on Vag Cat and can't for the life of me find where it's...
  15. twig

Time for a brake fluid change

Not too good, actually. one of the rear bleed valves was either broken before I started, or I broke it. Anyway, it's sheared off now. It was leaking quite a lot while I bled it anyway so I guess that's a sign that I'm not to blame. Hopefully getting some new ones tomorrow. Anyone got any...
  16. twig

'Interesting' noises on startup after unexpected swimming

i wouldn't be surprised if you do need to change the gearbod oil. i had a very similar episode in a Clio a few years back & that was all that was required. Cheap and easy job too. Def worth a shot before you start replacing the clutch anyway.
  17. twig

Time for a brake fluid change

Took my car in for new shoes yesterday and was told (amongst a few other things) that the brake fluid is VERY dark and wants changing. So, providing the weather's nice over the weekend (long shot I know), I'm going to give it a go. Now, the Haynes manual says brake fluid capacity is 2 litres...
  18. twig

Which SEAT TDI can get the furthest on one tank of derv?

I worked out the Ibiza was getting around 590 miles on a tank a few weeks ago although I think I actually filled up a few miles before that. That was driving like a real granny for the whole time but I'm still pretty impressed seeing as it's over 11 years old now.
  19. twig

Ticking AFN engine 1.9 TDI 110Bhp

lol drastic but effective!
  20. twig

Ticking AFN engine 1.9 TDI 110Bhp

might be worth having a look at this: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?p=2675445#post2675445 Seems a few of us are having the same problem. :( Hopefully nothing to worry about though, eh? Mine's been doing it for a good few months now and no problems so far. :)
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.