Search results

1. robreidmotors

5k rev limit, any ideas??

Well you start off by getting the engine in the TDC position. There is a mark on the pulley on the left side of the engine, under the plastic cover. The distributor position ill try and explain. The bolt that you undo to remove the clamp that holds the distributor in is important. This...
  2. robreidmotors

engine flush

Ive always used engine flush on petrol engines with good results, unless its a bad engine it does smoothen it out. However, and here is the but, I did the same on an Ibiza SDI diesel and as said above it did start to lose a bit of oil every week, and did rattle on start up, which it did not do...
  3. robreidmotors

FIRE!!!- and car very much dead

One thing i have always done is stop straight away if there is any sign of bad running on the engine. Which i did this time also. I am glad it was diesel though, fire brigade took about three minutes by which time the whole front had gone. Had it been petrol as soon as a fuel line had melted...
  4. robreidmotors

Thanks Glynn, ill give that a look next weekend see if I can find out what it is. I saw a place offering regulators new for about £60, does that sound about right? Why cant VW group make electric windows that work? I was an expert like the F1 pit crews on one of my last ibizas, taking off...
  5. robreidmotors

My Ibiza sdi decided to commit suicide on friday. I stopped at some lights, smelt plastic burning smell, a tiny amount of smoke from engine and stopped just down the road, well actually vosa check point at switch island, liverpool. popped the bonnet catch, got out and then heard it...
  6. robreidmotors

timing belt intervals

When i bought my ibiza i didnt know when the belt was done and took it to my mechanic. One of the roller type pulleys had seized in place, rubbing the belt. What im saying is follow the routine intervals, but if you get a chance and can access it easily it might be worth checking the...
  7. robreidmotors

Redex?

Ive just gone over to diesel (ibiza) from having all petrol beforehand. I personally find petrols more temperamental on injection and similar issues, whenever ive used additives in them I have noticed a difference, I think over time you get build ups. I used redex on my ibiza, it ran smoother...
  8. robreidmotors

(updated problem)Coil pack or blocked injectors 1.2?

Whenever you get misfires and replace a coil, or coil pack its a good idea to take out the spark plugs and clean them. Thats because the first faulty coil/s and misfire will cause the plugs to foul up, which can be bad enough to cause a misfire when you fit a new coil/s. also, while cleaning...
  9. robreidmotors

Accelerator lag 2-4k - Help Please!!

If its okay from cold until warm, then starts having a problem. then if you leave it half an hour, start it and its fine again until warm, it could be the speed sensor, which should give a fault code going on forum members with that fault. its a magnet and loses efficiency when warm sometimes...
  10. robreidmotors

new pads and discs, squealing

The runner where the caliper sits, give it a wire brushing etc with the pads off. bit of copper grease on the back of the pads. Also a bit of silicon grease on the caliper pins may help, just incase they are sticking slightly.
  11. robreidmotors

Running rough and hesitating - struggles to start

Has anyone actually taken a look at this link?
  12. robreidmotors

Poor MPG????

If you spray something like easy start, you can use wd40 but it contains silcon, which can be bad for the o2 sensor. Anyhow, easy start is flammable, so take care, but spray that around the tb gasket with the engine running and the note/revs will change if there is a leak, as its basically...
  13. robreidmotors

Poor MPG????

oh and im very happy with the ibiza, its only as quick as a one litre petrol, but the sdi engines are basic, reliable and very economical. id recommend them.
  14. robreidmotors

Poor MPG????

Id be considering as mentioned before air pipes etc. Also did you replace the tb gasket with a new one? maybe also exhaust manifold and inlet manifold. its clutching at straws time. very odd, id have thought if it was using too much fuel etc then you would get a lamda fault code so its a bit...
  15. robreidmotors

Poor MPG????

Also, with that some filter oil etc may have found its way onto the maf sensor? so brake cleaner to clean it up may help. (ie incorrect air readings to ecu and fueling). Incidentally, in smug mode ive got a slow but functional ibiza sdi, im getting 70mpg.
  16. robreidmotors

Poor MPG????

well on a 2.0 8v ibiza i got 32mpg average (2e engine), on previous to that same engine size etc about 34mpg. One thing that is often overlooked because its so simple and cheap as to seem unimportant is the air filter. On a mini i was using nearly 3x too much fuel, thought i had a major leak...
  17. robreidmotors

Running rough and hesitating - struggles to start

Try this link; http://www.justanswer.com/questions/134q8-hi-ive-vw-lt35-2-5-diesel-94 same issue, same make (vw)
  18. robreidmotors

Noisy windows or mirror

It could also be the rubber seal at the top of the window. I have the same wind noise, and i found out it was the seal when the car wash kindly let me know about it
  19. robreidmotors

agg cambelt help needed

I just bought a pdf of the autodata site, gives you a clear diagram. Its tricky describing it on here.
  20. robreidmotors

agg cambelt help needed

There are three. Cam is easy enough, shows as OlT. Crank, to be sure there is also a mark on the gearbox, when you remove the green bung there is a notch which is better to use than the crank pulley. The next is the oil pulley, when the crank is in the correct position, you will see a small...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.