Search results

1. TSL 333

What to replace my mk1 Leon with?

Now at 115k miles and still procrastinating..... Any ideas? Still fancy a supercopa, however am very tempted to go all out and get an ex demo 5 door cupra 280!
  2. TSL 333

Hello from W Livingstone Ltd

Aww man, been on this forum since getting my leon in 2008 and been taking my car to w living stones ever since, however never knew about the discount when mentioning this forum!!!
  3. TSL 333

Spoiler Added - paintwork

Prefer the mk 1 myself pal, looks good though!
  4. TSL 333

Hey, I ain't turned to the dark side and probably won't either! Looking for something 2 years old max, preferably only a year old and with about 10k on the clock. Thanks all the same! :)
  5. TSL 333

TYRE CHOICE - LOUD HUMMING/ wheel bearings?

Ended up being tyre choice? No humming now!
  6. TSL 333

Having had some nice subarus, xr2's, RSVP turbos etc over the years, I was not looking forward to owning a sensible car, however can honestly say that I love my mk1 Leon fr+ tdi. It is such a great all rounder; reliable, fast, comfortable, economical and I think, good looking. Anyway, it's now...
  7. TSL 333

Radio code

My car was getting work done last week at a local garage and the stereo (Aura CD) has lost the code. I have the full service history (I am the second owner) including all original booklets. Is this a 4 digit code I am looking for? There is a sticker on the back of the service book with 133...
  8. TSL 333

Strange starting problem...

local garage sorted it for me - 1 hrs labour (£42 inc VAT) although that included for re-setting the engine warning management light too! All that was wrong was the solenoid wire - replaced the connection - sorted!
  9. TSL 333

the battery connections seem fine - car is booked in for tomorrow! cheers,
  10. TSL 333

Cheers Muttley!
  11. TSL 333

Afternoon! I have been experiencing a slightly increasingly intermittent starting problem on my Mk 1 Leion 1.9 FR+TDi. Basically, the starter is not turning over at all. All of the electrics in the car seem fine (fan/ lights/ stereo etc) however the car will simply not start unless it is...
  12. TSL 333

Temperature gauge

It was the sensor indeed; the car was in the stealers for the 70k service and they diagnosed this as the fault. All sorted; thanks for all your help.
  13. TSL 333

Temperature gauge

Hi folks, My temperature gauge is staring to play up a bit, going up and down very eraticaly - faulty sensor? The heater etc is all fine and not overheating!
  14. TSL 333

Limp/ safe mode/ lack of power?

Many thanks; that was an interesting link. I will monitor it over the next few weeks. Cheers,
  15. TSL 333

Limp/ safe mode/ lack of power?

Last night I was accelerating along a dual carriageway (not racing a VW Scirrocco which the Leon was keeping up with nay bother) up through 3rd, up though 4th, all fine, then changed into 5th/ 6th etc and basically no power.... When I went through a few roundabouts having slowed down etc, I...
  16. TSL 333

probably about then- i did not really pay it too much attention. rather than 'drumming' i would describe it as a 'humming' which probably becomes obvious about 40 mph and continues from there all the way up to 70..............:)
  17. TSL 333

I have been running Toyo Proxes (T1R's) all round for a year or so now. At about 45k miles, the car was humming on the motorway which made me think wheel bearings. At the 50k service the dealer checked the wheel bearings and said they were fine. They put the noise down to worn pads which were...
  18. TSL 333

Alarm/Boot Warning Light

mine had a faulty boot lock caused by a leaking rear wash wipe.... managed to get it repaitred under warranty.
  19. TSL 333

middle brake light kind of working?

all standard, checked the othertwoand they are fine. the middle one has always been full of condensaton.
  20. TSL 333

middle brake light kind of working?

as above, my middle light only comes on very faintly - any idea ?
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise