Search results

1. Leon 2.0TDI 140BHP Limp Mode / Turbo

Hey. I don't own the car any more... But. I did get the turbo changed for a new one. That included new send/return oil pipes (are they pipes?? Lol) and a full service at the same time. Completely fixed the problem and all associated issues. Car ran like a dream from that moment onwards including...
  2. Kumho KU39 Tyres

can't really argue can i? Looking forward to getting them on now. The guy did say the Kumho's are very good and that I should consider Falkens too, but everywhere i've looked, in the industry and personal opinions, no-one faults the Goodyears
  3. Kumho KU39 Tyres

fantastic, thanks for all the replies guys. I thought I was gonna get hurled abuse for raising yet another tyre query. Right, well... I sat and thought about it for a long time and decided I need peace of mind when it comes to tyres. No use cutting corners (excuse the pun) if it can be...
  4. Kumho KU39 Tyres

see, this is the feedback i'm getting everywhere i look. one person thinks they're great, the next doesnt like them. tough decision.
  5. Kumho KU39 Tyres

ok, interesting feedback. what would you suggest as an alternative? pilot sports are out of my price range now. goodyears would be a huge stretch, dunlop maxx rt would be a stretch...
  6. Kumho KU39 Tyres

Ok, great - how's the wear / grip / ride ? £105 is mobile fitting - they're charging £10 a tyre to come out, so I can get them down to about what you paid.
  7. Kumho KU39 Tyres

Hi, Firstly, apologies - I know there are a number of tyre threads already on here and yes, I've read through them in full. My query is slightly different and please, if you could, give me some advice based on your personal experience / industry experience. Much appreciated. So, I have a...
  8. Fuel Consumption

I don't have cruise control on mine. One thing I regret not getting, but actually in a diesel I find it a lot easier to just maintain a steady speed. As for the 3 miles in the diesel...yes you won't get good mpg...the cars not even earned up and lets hope you don't have a DPF...otherwise start...
  9. Fuel Consumption

SOLVED: Turns out its my right foot. Drove to work in a hurry this morning...got 40mpg. Drove home smoothly and steadily, not going above 80 and 51.4mpg average.
  10. 2013 SEAT Leon Official Pictures

It looks like the new Astra to me.:shrug:
  11. Fuel Consumption

The clip was recently renewed to the intercooler. Not the o rings. Ill stick it out a week and see, already done about 350 miles since fitted on friday
  12. Fuel Consumption

Ahhhh I get you. Is it true that if I leave the battery disconnected for 30mins or so it will reset those learned settings and return to default?
  13. Fuel Consumption

Ah ok. For the record though, it was serviced 7000miles ago so not overdue but I guess it has effectively just had major surgery!
  14. Fuel Consumption

Yup. Agreed, hence I want to try and do something about it. Sometimes I get about 44mpg poodling behind some learner driver but otherwise it's been dropping low. Hence I'm wondering if my maf died a bit or something, just after the forums thoughts
  15. Fuel Consumption

You reckon a loss of 10mpg from tyre pressure? I'll check but they look ok.
  16. Fuel Consumption

Hi, I just solved a bunch of previous issues with my 56 plate Leon Reference Sport (PD 140) TDI by replacing the turbo with a brand new one, new fuel filter and oil change. Anyway, the car's running very nice, as i'd expect it to, so quite happy there. My remaining issue is the fuel...
  17. PD170 Stuttering Problem Solved

Right, bit of feedback from me. I had my turbo changed for a brand new Garret one last week, and a new fuel filter and oil filter and oil. Stuttering gone.
  18. Leon fr stuttering problem

I was getting a bit of stuttering. Nothing as bad as that though. Changed the turbo and fuel filter and its gone. (I changed the turbo due to sticking vanes too).
  19. Interior light fault

I had the opposite fault. Mine wouldn't come on when the doors opened etc. SEAT told me it was the switches in the door which was totally wrong. I changed the whole light unit which includes the switch. Turned out to be a faulty switch itself which is built into the unit. Works perfectly now...
  20. Best handling tyres to buy!

MOT failure for a start... Then 3 points per tyre...I wouldn't bother personally