Search results

1. A sad day......

Yeah I was initially feeling that but slowly getting used to the VW accelerator pedal (hinged at the bottom) and earlier I surprised myself and must've let all 170 horses loose! It actually has a nicer stance than the standard FR did, I never got round to doing anything so i'm loving the...
  2. A sad day......

After 5 years of ownership my little '54 FR Tdi (EA54 TGZ) has been traded in for an '07 Golf GT TDi. I already miss the fun factor that the Ibiza gave but comfort wise the Golf is in a differnt league, quite happy with the performance too ;) I wanted to say thanks to everyone on this...
  3. Adjusting Brake Switch Rod

The brake light switch is meant to be auto adjusting, it sounds like your one is not returning fully and leaving the lights on. It might be worth removing and re fitting it. They are only 7 or 8 quid so you could just replace it for peace of mind!
  4. best colour for a mk4??

Mine is black but I do find myself double taking when I see the dark blue ones that are few and far between in my neck of the woods!
  5. Air con ticking noise

I'm no expert but have occasionally had this on mine, but I normally just put it down to leaves etc making it through the airways and rubbing on the fans as it tends to go after a day or two! When I changed my pollen filter it was in a bad way and there was crap all over the place so it might...
  6. Tcs button on console

Rottie, does the light that S7UYJ is referring to come on when you turn the ignition on? It should light up then go off after a few seconds. That would at least eliminate the in-dash bulb being faulty....... My pre-facelift FR has the light that comes on when you press the button.
  7. Flashing glowplug/ traction control light stuck on

Had a similar problem on my FR Tdi recently, ended up changing the brake pedal switch (about £7) and then the two bulbs. It's very simple to do too, 10-15 mins max. No more warning lights now......
  8. Using Spare key but the alarms still on

It will definitely start the car and IIRC it will then disable the alarm. Go and annoy the neighbours and give it a go :whistle:
  9. Low Milage - Need help

If they changed the back brakes they would need the wind back tool to reset the calipers. I'm no expert but would be checking the rolling functionality as a starting point :D
  10. Low Milage - Need help

Just to throw my tuppence in..... Have you tried jacking up the car and spinning the wheels to check for any rubbing/grinding of brakes/bearings etc? If there is a feeling of holding back then when changing gears then it could be something sticking and not allowing the car to roll freely...
  11. Reliability?

I've had a '54 plate FR TDi for 3 years now it's nearing 70k with no major issues. Had the load signal wire problem which was a quick fix and the rear washer pipe popped off under the air box but that is about it. Oh I have got creaky suspension and slight condensation in the lights but you...
  12. speedo time clock

Just twist the mileage trip reset stalk anticlockwise to increase the hours :)
  13. traction control light staying on!!!!!!

+1 on this, I had the same issue.....check out the following:- http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=209472&highlight=load+signal
  14. Alarm keeps going off, help please!!

If I recall correctly from the user manual on my FR (prefacelift) you can disable the interior sensors by selecting the lock option on the remote twice; I think it also changes the LED flashing pattern (where you'd normally find the door unlock pin!!). Therefore it might be worth giving this a...
  15. Sometimes I wonder why I bother?

When I had the load signal issue, my local Seat dealer wanted to charge me circa £800 for a whole new ABS control unit.......I obviously declined their kind offer and just crimped in a new wire!!
  16. audi peddles

http://www.superskoda.com/fabia/interior/skoda-fabia-oem-skoda-rs-pedal-set Try again :)
  17. Orange traction control light and brake question

If the light comes on after 10 minutes of the engine running/ignition on and remains until you switch off then back on again then it is possible that this is the load signal cable problem; easy to fix too if that's the problem. Check out this post:-...
  18. Washer bottle

Just a normal drive then :p
  19. its beeping at me

There are numerous posts/discussions on this that you can search on but if I recall correctly it is said to be:- 1 - Brake fluid related: Low brake fluid / worn pads 2 - Handbrake adjustment 3 - Coolant system sensor corroded on base of expansion tank. Not all models have this. My FR has the...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise