Search results

1. mikey-typer

Anybody know this car?

It is their demo I rang them today!
  2. mikey-typer

Anybody know this car?

Just looking to see if anybody knows the car. I think you are right it may have been a demo!
  3. mikey-typer

Anybody know this car?

As title! Looks good would be interested to know some history though! http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201509096763224 Cheers
  4. mikey-typer

Sad and Happy

Glad to hear it! Was your civic standard?
  5. mikey-typer

Sad and Happy

Glad to hear you like it! I am currently in the process of looking to sell my CW ctr! I wanted to wait and get the new ctr but an ankle injury means I am going to need an auto. The cupra seems like the best compromise! I think i will miss my type R!
  6. mikey-typer

Cupra 280 Revo Stage 1

That's impressive!! Nearly 100bhp just from a re-map how will standard clutch cope with the extra torque?
  7. mikey-typer

Dealer not trying very hard

I think I would prefer the convenience of the dealer tbh
  8. mikey-typer

No harm in asking!! :-)
  9. mikey-typer

Cheers fellas! Nice car may have convinced me! Think I may still go to dealers and see if they will match it!
  10. mikey-typer

Bluenose how did you find brokers4cars? I looked at their website and the are offering a minimum of 5.9k off the retail price!!! It looks almost too good to be true!
  11. mikey-typer

Thinking of cupra 280!!

Cheers fella! I'm sure I can get a drive in a dsg at some point! What's the lead time on the 280 at the moment anyone know?
  12. mikey-typer

Thinking of cupra 280!!

280 has good reviews on everything I've seen so far!
  13. mikey-typer

Thinking of cupra 280!!

I owned two ep3 type r's and two fn2's and even with the torsion bar rear suspension the fn2 always felt more planted! Both ep3s felt more unpredictable at the rear. Perhaps a better driver can get more out of the old civic but IMHO the new civic fells better! Jeremy clarkson slated it but then...
  14. mikey-typer

Thinking of cupra 280!!

Warwickshire mate! I felt insulted that you thought an oil burning audi would be quicker than a type r! Can't see it to be honest over 300kg heavier and 30hp less! Not disputing that the cupra wouldn't be quicker but I need a test drive! To be honest it's a for gone conclusion as the clutch is...
  15. mikey-typer

Thinking of cupra 280!!

Seriously! A standard type r would toast an a3 170 diesel driven properly! I didn't post this for a civic bashing and if I hadn't had problems with my ankle I wouldn't be considering changing the civic is a great car! Was interested in what people thought about the 280 and any potential issues...
  16. mikey-typer

Thinking of cupra 280!!

Mine has LSD uprated springs, fast road geometry and 15mm spacers! To be honest there was not a lot passing me at silverstone on track day! The chassis is good just needs a few tweaks. The power delivery will be completely different though!
  17. mikey-typer

Thinking of cupra 280!!

I haven't driven a cupra 280 yet so can't comment to much! What did the civic have done to it you drove?
  18. mikey-typer

Thinking of cupra 280!!

I think performance will be quite similar to be honest! Although you have to drive the r hard to get the best out of it. Think the cupra will have more low down power!
  19. mikey-typer

Thinking of cupra 280!!

That looks sweet!! Any sound clips?
  20. mikey-typer

Thinking of cupra 280!!

Sounds good! Has any one gone for the bucket seat option? Expensive but look awesome!
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members