Search results

1. jtonline

Boot Light and Glovebox Light Parts list and vague instructions...

Yes, the permanent live (+) from the interior light goes to one side of the new lamp in the boot. The earth (-) is provided by the blue/brown wire that comes from the boot lock & goes to the other side of the new lamp. When the boot opens, the new lamp gets the earth to complete the circuit...
  2. jtonline

Hmm.. I suppose it's possible that they redesigned the wiring looms. But you must have a loom there for the rear light clusters, wiper etc. You might be able to find the wire by removing the trim behind the boot lock and tracing the wires back into the boot. Note that the pink connector where...
  3. jtonline

On my 2005 it is the brown/blue wire in a pink connector in the wiring loom that provides an earth for the light. It's under the boot carpet below the nearside parcel shelf support. There was already a knockout piece in the parcel shelf support on that side for the light, so I just bought...
  4. jtonline

Outer CV joint split, what size is hub nut?

From Haynes manual... Hub nut (use new one) Torque: Stage 1 50Nm (37 lbf ft) Stage 2 Angle-tighten a further 45 degrees
  5. jtonline

GUIDE - How to install footwell lights!

A few years back, the threads HERE and HERE enabled me to fit a boot light using SEAT parts by taking a live feed from the interior light and switched earth from the boot catch loom. Whilst I was at it, I put a light in the glovebox too using the thread HERE Hope this helps.
  6. jtonline

Car locking on ignition

But other people's experiences would suggest that's not the case.
  7. jtonline

No power to radio ?

Ignition controlled live to audio unit in the standard wiring loom is protected by fuse no. 10 in the fuse box. Other members have reported that although fuse looked OK to the naked eye, it had actually blown.
  8. jtonline

Car locking on ignition

Bizarrely, it's not that uncommon for replacement head units, particularly Pioneer & Sony, to cause weird problems with SEAT central locking (for example see 176245 and do a search on these forums for stereo+locking). It's usually down to the fact that the permanent and switched live wires need...
  9. jtonline

Exhaust

If you don't get the info you need from this thread, you might consider contacting the Previous Keeper of the vehicle and ask them. I think the Previous Keeper is listed on your V5C log book, but things might have changed since I last purchased a second-hand car. If you need to go further...
  10. jtonline

Wishbone Bushes

http://www.dpmperformance.co.uk/ there's also a sponsors forum topic on here.
  11. jtonline

Wishbone Bushes

Glad to hear you're happy with them. The mechanic I spoke to today said that they had on occasions fitted Powerflex to diesel engine cars (Skoda I think) and the owners had gone back and had them changed back to OEM ones because they couldn't live with the increased vibration feel. He said the...
  12. jtonline

Wishbone Bushes

Ordered a set of Powerflex purple bushes from Damian at DPM Performance & they arrived today. I hope to have them fitted at a local independent garage on Tuesday :happy:
  13. jtonline

Side strips removed

This is what it looks like under the strips. There are holes and an indentation in the panels. I removed my strips and got new ones colour coded and then refitted.
  14. jtonline

Can VAG COM disable the low outside temp warning sound?

A fair point. I get a fright when it goes bong, it's not exactly subtle. Driving through town on a dry but crisp evening earlier in the week, navigating around a roundabout and all of a sudden a loud bong. Argh... Ha, yeah I've had this car since 2005 and still haven't had anyone switch...
  15. jtonline

It's set at 4°C because the thermometer is measuring air temperature; at ground level it can be as much as 5°C colder. Therefore when you hear the bong and see the snowflake symbol there is a risk of ice on a damp/wet road.
  16. jtonline

Thanks for the short answer. The snowflake and temp display is fine, I'd just prefer it if the dash didn't suddenly emit a loud 'bong' whilst I'm driving. :drive1: There are other makes of vehicle that have this safety feature but where the owner has the ability to mute the warning sound.
  17. jtonline

Are these alloys ok for my car??????

Google 'UK Tyre Law' You can legally mix different types of tyre brands and tread pattern designs on the same axle providing they are of the same construction (radial or cross-ply) and the same nominal size and aspect ratio.
  18. jtonline

I'm thinking of getting selective locking disabled on my Ibiza at some point in the near future. Does anyone know if the 'bing' sound from the dash when the outside temp drops to 4 degrees is a convenience module configurable option that could be disabled with VAG COM at the same time? I...
  19. jtonline

Ibiza Mk4 Aux Connection

I use a Dension unit with my iPod and it also provides a 3.5mm Aux socket. See 208673 although it's not a cheap option.
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.