Search results

1. Oil change

Fair enough, so this later type of sump plug design now has that aftermarket option to have a magnet. It would be handier if them came with at least 10 spare O-ring seals at that price though.
  2. Oil change

A lot of the cars with an EA888 engine, will have a plastic sump and a "use once" plastic sump drain plug, magnetic sump plugs that I've ever noticed, are made to be used with a steel/alloy sump pan and while the magnetic sump plug gets reused, its sealing washer get replaced every time the...
  3. Wheel Bolt Caps

Surely there will be Europe based distributers/agents, they should be able to get them for a sensible price to support the local buyers of their Mcgard bolt sets that they already sell in Europe. One thing though, I've found that it is always good to measure the bolt counterbore hole sizes...
  4. Rocker Cover replacement

I agree with @DEAN0 the revision will have gone from A > maybe W, then moved onto AA etc.
  5. White puff of smoke at start only.. need your inputs !

I'm sure that what you are finding, ie the HP fuel pressure rail staying at a very high pressure after warmed engine is OFF is not what is meant to happen, neither is the puff of smoke at warm engine start, but, I'd think that it would cost a lot of time and money to to sort this out, also most...
  6. White puff of smoke at start only.. need your inputs !

You would really need to "collect" some of that stuff that you find in a cylinder, and try to work out if it was more petrol than engine oil washed off into a small volume of petrol. How to do that? - you would need to vacuum it out - and then examine it and then leave to see if it evaporated...
  7. White puff of smoke at start only.. need your inputs !

It is risky just "cracking loose" the main high pressure feed into the HP fuel rail - but if you are able to do it safely, then that is a simple way to drop the fuel rail pressure back down to probably below where any faulty injectors will leak, you would need to use a cloth to "contain and...
  8. What is this front body fitting and how important is it

Well yes your car needs a trim cover for that headlight washer spray head - but I think that it also now needs a spray head, if you look very closely at the section from the workshop manual, you should be able to see where the top spray head/piston, that this trim cover clips onto, is fitted...
  9. Oil recommendations?

Engine oils like anything else, do get reformulated to address new issues as they "turn up", this new API approval which is SP, I think, has been available for maybe a few years to address the problem known as LSPI which can occur when typically small modern Turbo charged direct injection petrol...
  10. Oil recommendations?

Currently, a "plus" for choosing Mobil 1 ESP 5W-30 is, it now is formulated to meet or exceed the SP standard, and that means that when used with DI petrol engines, there is less chance of LSPI if/when the engine is "sipping" or breathing in engine oil. Though typically that seems to be more of...
  11. White puff of smoke at start only.. need your inputs !

Yes, but when the spark plug is tightened down into its position, any engine oil dropping down on to the threads of the spark plug, will get stopped from getting down into the combustion chamber by the spark plug sealing washer - otherwise, combustion gases would also get back up and out of the...
  12. Brake lights always on with key position on and when running

Thanks for confirming that about the plugged in or unplugged brake light switch.
  13. White puff of smoke at start only.. need your inputs !

I'm not convinced that a leaking valve chest cover would be contributing to this puff of smoke at start up, oil leaking out of that area and into the "holes" that the spark plugs are in could end up causing misfires, but I'd doubt if any of that oil will end up getting down into the combustion...
  14. What is this front body fitting and how important is it

I'd expect so as there is probably strong return springs holding the complete top end and flap down closed when there is no water pressure on it.
  15. Brake lights always on with key position on and when running

Hum, maybe a tricky problem, I think that you need to find out where/what the faulty wiring is probably where the wiring passing out into the hatch from the body. Also sort out the leaking tail light cluster and make sure that the plug/socket pins are still okay and the tracks on the lamp...
  16. What is this front body fitting and how important is it

Is part of the spray head assembly not missing as well? From memory, the high pressure headlights washer pump, jacks up the spray head and when it has reached the top of its travel, it allows the washer fluid to spray out the spray head and onto the headlight assembly - what is showing there...
  17. White puff of smoke at start only.. need your inputs !

Very good resolution/clarity you got with your borescope, I bought a used Ring RBS300, but so far I've not been able to get good pictures from it, I'm guessing that you got the pictures of the valve by fitting a 45 degree mirror, I should try harder to get good pictures of the inside of all our...
  18. Oil recommendations?

I've just used 5W-30 Mobil 1 ESP in my older daughter's 2019 Cupra stock 290, I can't say what it was filled with at the factory or what the "dealership group" used at years 1, 2 and 3 of a dealership group prepaid service package. I have used that in all my own VW Group cars for years - but I...
  19. White puff of smoke at start only.. need your inputs !

My logic/answer to that is that over a longer period in time, the fuel rail pressure will drop as a weeping injector passes the petrol and eventually there will come a point where the pressure has dropped down to a point where the weeping injector is no longer weeping - and so the leaked fuel...
  20. White puff of smoke at start only.. need your inputs !

I worked on the theory that if one cylinder was ready to fire when the engine had been switched off, by the time 2 hours had passed, that petrol would have evaporated quickly so you would not really notice it, on the other hand, if that injector was weeping petrol into that cylinder, then it...