Search results

1. Can you replace my 2.0 TDI turbo with any other 2.0 TDI turbo of a different part num

I think the manifold is integral to the turbo and is probably vehicle-specific.. ie. same turbo but different manifold = no fit!
  2. Highest mileage leon mk2 and reliability issues?

06 TDI Reference Sport.. @62k New turbo and intercooler required a couple of thousand ago after the former decide to implode..
  3. Leon MK2 where is the Aux input located on radio so I can plug my ipod in?

Not all models had it - my 06 Reference Sport does not. If present I think it is on the centre console near the cigarette lighter..
  4. Blown Turbo , Help Required

Depending on the extent of the damage and what else needs to be replaced that doesn't sound out of the ballpark... My turbo blew a couple of weeks ago at 60k. It broke the compressor shaft at the bearings so it sent a load of shrapnel and most of the engine oil around the induction system...
  5. software upgrade wipped my remmap.........ouch!!!

Have you checked with your tuner to see what they think? The ECU will most likely consist of a program (ie. the operating system(ish)) and data. When SEAT flashed your ECU they probably overwrote both but the chances are that the remap just tweaks the data so could be reapplied with no affect...
  6. Rear tyre wear why

Mine has done the same so I'm keen to get the alignment done too.. can anyone suggest what the correct values should be? I vaguely remember another thread mentioning that SEAT had released revised figures? Don't really want to go and get the alignment done if they'll just reset it back to the...
  7. Maximum load weight?

Yeah, i just got that.. it's too early in the day! :rolleyes::p
  8. Maximum load weight?

Yeah, thinking about 1 ton does sound, er, impractical! Think I'll check whether they mean a ton (ie. several bags) or a single bag - much more manageable! I guess the bags are maybe quoted to 1 ton for stuff like building materials..
  9. Maximum load weight?

Anyone know what the maximum load / axle weight for a MK2 Leon is? Or more precisely.. would i be safe cramming a 1 ton load of logs in to the back?
  10. Leon Cupra/FR Bumpers

It's pretty straightforward.. did it on my Reference Sport in about half a day - have done it a lot quicker since now I know what's what. They're held in place with 'star-head' screws around the wheel arches, along the underneath and the top edge each. The rear bumper requires the removal of...
  11. lights when turning ignition

Is the passenger airbag turned off (key lock in the glovebox)? That might affect the airbag light..?
  12. ** damp passenger carpet **

My old A3 had a similar problem.. was the plenum chamber clogged up causing water to overflow into the pollen filter (I think) and into the cabin through that. Check there's no crud (leaves etc) blocking up the channel at the bottom of the windscreen - there may be a plastic cover to lift...
  13. Use of Octane Boosters - Anyone tried it on a Cupra?

Would you actually need to modify the timing? Just thinking that today's ECUs are able to cope with and compensate for a wide range of fuel qualities (due to being sold into different countries/markets).. changing the ignition timing might show an difference, but could also using standard fuel...
  14. Quickest Cupra on SCN?!

Good job.. looks an awesome bit of kit.. Get it on the strip - looking forward to what sort of quarter mile times it runs.. guessing mid- to low-11s?
  15. 2.0tdi sport re-map

At a guess that's a generic remap applied to your car and not a Bluefin remap with switchable hardware..
  16. 2.0tdi sport re-map

I got mine from JKM.. £390 inc p&p at the moment.
  17. 2.0tdi sport re-map

I got a Bluefin device for my 2.0TDI.. it may not be the most 'powerful' map compared to some others but being able to install it myself (and simple it is too) was a big plus.. lots of extra torque when you put your foot down!
  18. Sport to fr bumper swap

It's a fairly straightforward swap.. there are about half a dozen 'star' head screws around each wheel arch and along the top of the bumpers. The rear lights are held in place from the back of the units by a large plastic screw. The corners of the bumpers where they meet the bodywork are a tight...
  19. Sport to fr bumper swap

Yes.. did it on mine.. the lights are exactly the same.. the front main ones don't require removing, the fogs swap straight over and the rears only need removing to get to some of the bumper screw..
  20. what's the buzzing i hear on exiting car?

Injector pump - makes sure things are primed and lubricated for next time the engine is started..
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.