Search results

1. Ruddmeister

Leon CUPRA 290 Lux stopping production

So I'm being told the Leon CUPRA 2019 290 Lux is stopping production, I was told the last of them are tickling through now but that's it for production. Yes I did do a search, didn't see anything? Is this just someone trying to lease me a non-Lux car to get the deal? Or given the new Leon...
  2. Ruddmeister

New...well kinda sorta not but back...ish

Evening I was on here a while back.....for a few years.....hello if any people from those years are here still Been offered a cracking deal on a LEON CUPRA Lux 2.0 TSI DSG 290PS 5dr In mystery blue Question is can I live without the comfort of my A6 & how long can I keep my licence...
  3. Ruddmeister

Time for a Mk3

Time to come back to fold ;) Done the deal on a 2.0 Tdi FR 5-door for the wife in Nevada white 13 plate Tech Pack with 3d Sat Nav 18in alloys Alcantara Convenience Pack Pick it up Sunday......pics to follow This will be my 5th SEAT Can't believe it's cost me more than my...
  4. Ruddmeister

12v Power Sockets

My wife has an Altea XL and I find it strange that with the ignition turned off the 12 v Power sockets are not live. On my VW and I'm sure on previous SEATs the 12v remains active with the ingnition off so that you can charge a mobile phone etc. I asked at the SEAT garage today and was told...
  5. Ruddmeister

Richards confirms Aston Martin F1

David Richards confirming a tie up with McLaren / Aston / Prodrive in an F1 team for 2010, fully story here....... http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/090529084716.shtml
  6. Ruddmeister

Honda F1 team saved

news here emerging, not many details yet http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7911490.stm
  7. Ruddmeister

ICE upgrade to a Mk2 Leon - Help Please...

I have a friend.........no really I do ;) Anyhow he has a MK2 Leon and was asking me about a little ICE upgrade.... He needs some ICE advice;- Ipod connector to OEM headunit Better speakers So in the spirit of the forum a little checking has been done and the list of suspects...
  8. Ruddmeister

F1 medals system

I think the prospect of Gold, Silver and Bronze medals and a meadal table to determine the world champion is an 'interesting proposal' by Bernie What I found very interesting is the idea of how the last 50 years of F1 would have changed if the rules were retrospectively applied....things...
  9. Ruddmeister

140tdi Engine

OK so this is in my Passat 2.0 tdi 140 engine 2006 Passat It's done 24k miles and needs a new Fly Wheel, I've seen a few posts on older cars (different engines) but anyone know is this is common on this engine / gearbox ? It's got about 6 months warranty left which is lucky........
  10. Ruddmeister

Aftermarket Alloy Wheels

I've done some searching ;) (so you can put the pitchforks down you'll have to flame someone else :p ) from what I can establish the wheels on the Altea are PCD 112 Offset ET54 Can anyone confirm the offset is correct ?? because I also saw ET51 (not that it's a huge difference...
  11. Ruddmeister

New Leon - Dissapointed

Went to test drive a Mk2 today and took the wife, left the little one behind but took a few essentials (pram mainly). Took out a Ref Sport 140bhp TDI. The engine was good, the brakes were excellent, decent steering feel and very good body control through the bends. Overall I was impressed...
  12. Ruddmeister

Greatest ever F1 overtaking move, your vote?

Great to see some old footage here, particualrly the in-car stuff Great overtaking moves are like great goals – they don’t happen all that often, but when they do, no-one ever forgets them. Formula One has seen some amazing passes and these five are among the best ever – but which is the...
  13. Ruddmeister

Why buy an FR instead of the Ref Sport??

OK well I have a dilemma;- Looking at nearly new cars the cost is fairly similar and I like the look of the RefSport with Aerokit and I could afford a remap. A remapped 140 shouldn;t be much slower than the FR Tdi170 so are there any other reasons I should go for the FR? Anything I've...
  14. Ruddmeister

Maintenance Packages from SEAT

Now I've had a quick search on here and SEAT.co.uk and can't see anything. Sure SEAT (not sure if it's dealer operated or SEAT UK) but they used to offer a maintenance package for a fixed fee? Anyone know if it's still offered? details?
  15. Ruddmeister

Interesting lookinginduction Kit from the US

Designed for the Golf 1V Fairly similar to Jabba in design I guess and roughly the same cost but in $ not £, provided shipping and taxes don;t kill you it could be a fairly reasonable deal full details...
  16. Ruddmeister

Oil Warning on Dash

My wife has a Mk4 1.2S Ibiza which tday flashed the spanner symbol and says oil on the dash, however dipping the oil it says it's only very slightly below max. Anyone else had this? hope the dipstick is right......don;t want a siezed engine :-o Anything I should check? anyone know where...
  17. Ruddmeister

Leon Mk1

M0rk / Zboyd ref - The sticky at the top of Leon Mk1 with Andy B's FAQ's First link to the post works but the link to the FAQ's themselves does not ?? It's still usefull and I can;t see it anywhere :shrug:
  18. Ruddmeister

LCR Suspension

**************************************************************************************** Can we keep this thread as a review of product tested, helpfull links and News etc. If you have tried something add it to this link Any general Questions just start a new thread...
  19. Ruddmeister

Why can't I post in the For Sale Section

..............No seriously I do have an 'issue' When sending a PM I tick the 'box' below my reply to send a copy to my 'sent items' box but when I check my sent items there is nothing there :cry: Mail box is only 60% full so I can't understand why :think: Is there a setting that needs...
  20. Ruddmeister

The Sarcasm Smilie

I do think a proper Saracasm smilie would be usefull "your mate that fitted the whooshy dump valve to his 1.8T and says it gave him 37bhp more is a genius " or something similar, and.................... Could I also suggest a another
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.