Search results

1. Chriskona

Whining noise after cambelt and waterpump change

Got the car back today and it is sorted thankfully. As suggested above it was overtensioned. Thanks for the replies
  2. Chriskona

Thanks for the reply. I popped down on my lunch break. I enquired what they had checked to tell me it was ok.They had not had the aux belt off to rule that out. Got them to do that and the noise remains. They are going to re do it this afternoon so we will see.
  3. Chriskona

I've heard back from the dealer, they say there is no problem. Any thoughts on how to resolve? My view is it was not there before so it should not be there now. They said something about the mileage on the car (73k) and that may have something to do with it. The tensioners, water pump and belt...
  4. Chriskona

Hi, I had my cambelt and waterpump changed on my 56 plate Ibiza cupra petrol at the main dealer today. When I went to pick it up it sounded a bit ropey and whined when revved. I've left the car with them as it did not do this before. They are going to look at it tomorrow morning. Am I right in...
  5. Chriskona

Tyres

I previously had the Hankook Ventus V12 on my cupra and was really impressed with their handling and wear. They seem to be a lot pricier now than when I last got them. I have just replaced 2 with Kuhmo Ecsta KU39 on the front - I can't comment on wear for now but am very impressed so far, handle...
  6. Chriskona

Complimentary wash swirl marks

Thanks both. It was Snows I took it too. I like your suggestion, I think I will try that tact next time. Not sure if to take it back tho them or not. I'll have a word tomorrow. I will have a look into Envy valeting, thanks for that, would be great to get it sorted.
  7. Chriskona

Complimentary wash swirl marks

Sadly it seems I am not alone in having swirl marks on my car following a complimentary wash at the dealer. [:@] They have offered to sort it out but not sure I trust them given the results of a basic wash. I am based in Hampshire, can anyone recommend a car detailer which may be able to...
  8. Chriskona

Power steering excessively light?

I know what you mean, is the least favourite part of my car. I took mine to JKM to try and get it weighted up but did not work for some reason. I'm not sure if the Cupra is alreday set heavier? Feels so light after driving the Mrs mini which has a lovely weight.
  9. Chriskona

Le Mans 24h 2012

Indeed, slow day in the office?! Don't you have company cars to be test driving! :funk:
  10. Chriskona

Le Mans 24h 2012

FR Matt was this you? Just found this pic online if you are interested: http://www.net-carpictures.com/cpg148/displayimage.php?album=442&pos=637
  11. Chriskona

Le Mans 24h 2012

Stickers look awesome! I have just ordered mine up but pretty tame tbh..... more planning required for next year! Camping is TBC but I should think we will have to head to Beauséjour as we have left it so late Enjoy!
  12. Chriskona

Le Mans 24h 2012

Thanks for the vid - good watch. What campsite are you on? I'll keep my eyes open for you...
  13. Chriskona

215/45/17 tyres on Ibiza cupra alloys

I've been really happy with the Ventus V12s - big improvement on the P Zero Nero I did have...:)
  14. Chriskona

Le Mans 24h 2012

Anyone heading over for Le Mans 24hr this year?
  15. Chriskona

New rear pads don't seem to sit flush with new discs - Help!

Cheers, I got the old pads out and I see what you mean about the cut out - feeling better thank you!
  16. Chriskona

New rear pads don't seem to sit flush with new discs - Help!

I changed my rear discs and pads yesterday on my Cupra as the old ones were heavily corroded on the outside edge of the disc although the pads had plenty of life left in them. It was my first time doing them myself and followed some guides on here which were really useful and felt it all...
  17. Chriskona

56 Plate Cupra Coilpack recall

R1ch85 - I had to look twice then looking at your readers ride, our cars are identical and number plate only has last letter different! Was yours originally supplied by Seat in Southampton? They are who called me and got it back in...... 10 years!?! blimey took their time!
  18. Chriskona

56 Plate Cupra Coilpack recall

Got a call from the dealer today - been informed that my 56 plate 1.8t cupra has been recalled due to a known problem with the coilpacks - anyone else had this recently? I've not had any problems but see it is fairly common with these engines but I thought older ones only....
  19. Chriskona

Banging Extremley loud from passenger wheel area

It sounds like it could be a CV joint to me? Worth looking into at least....
  20. Chriskona

White MK4 Cupra on pistonheads

From the looks of the advert: bd57 yjy
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members