Search results

1. Joeb

Goodbye Leon, Hello S3

thats right, the facelift came on the 2008 + cars mines is a 57
  2. Joeb

Goodbye Leon, Hello S3

Ive had the car for a few months now and ive started to get the itch to mod... the cars done 39k so far and ive carried out the following [1] Full 40k service [2] Haldex service [3] replaced Maf [4] upgraded coil packs [4] upgraded spark plugs decided to go for a stage 1 revo around...
  3. Joeb

Goodbye Leon, Hello S3

thanks mate! as the new shape is coming out, the prices will keep falling now.
  4. Joeb

Goodbye Leon, Hello S3

is that becuase its a newer engine, or?
  5. Joeb

Goodbye Leon, Hello S3

Its a 2.0 turbo. when i was looking for a new car i didnt wanna go any higher than a 2 litre. petrol would be a killer!
  6. Joeb

Goodbye Leon, Hello S3

The exchange lol, the leon actually looks better
  7. Joeb

Goodbye Leon, Hello S3

lol, yeh, Spirit Blue is damn nice!
  8. Joeb

Goodbye Leon, Hello S3

yes you're right, i only got 3 grand for the leon in the end but hopefully the audi will sell for more in the future. in terms of the running costs, im expecting it to be the same in regards to petrol etc. in winter, the leon just about saw 22/23 mpg.... im expecting the same here...
  9. Joeb

Goodbye Leon, Hello S3

well, i could've waited until the new reg comes out but my road tax runs out next week so i just went for it. 11k + the leon wasnt bad at all - was expecting to pay much more! my leon nearly went into a lamp post last year so it'll be a welcome peace of mind having the 4 wheel drive haldex...
  10. Joeb

Goodbye Leon, Hello S3

lol, thats a bit extreme :-) will go stage 1 straight away 300bhp and 300 torques is good enough for me at the moment
  11. Joeb

Goodbye Leon, Hello S3

been searching for ages but finally managed to bag a 2007 Audi S3 yesterday (35k) Ive had my leon for approx 5 years and thought about going stage 2 and pumping money into it, but in the end i wanted a new challenge and managed to secure a good deal. will be updating this thread with the...
  12. Joeb

Max power revs

every car is different but ive found changing at around 4500k is best if you giving it the beans. this means youll drop to about 3000 revs and thats when my turbo can really give the full wack. (dropping to anything around 2500 could still give a bit of turbo lag. 3-3500 will give a good...
  13. Joeb

Cupra R - tax gone up?

no of course not, cant blame them at all. and its not about an increase in £10. i think what alot of people have started to question is whether its really worth paying all this for a car which is nearly 10 years old. its the reason why ive stopped modding it as well. like i said, ive had...
  14. Joeb

Cupra R - tax gone up?

gosh, how comes its in the same tax bracket? agreed. someone i know is paying 20 quid a year for a 2008 peugeot. ive had my car for 5 years.... didnt care before but it kinda hits home when you hear things like that
  15. Joeb

Cupra R - tax gone up?

mk1 cupra r gone up to £154 for 6 months??? (280 per year) taking the piss now. how comes?
  16. Joeb

Remap For LCR 225

+1 for revo linear. fantastic
  17. Joeb

Revo Stage 1 Remap Owners - Boost and Timing Levels?

Exe. those setting are nothing out of the ordinary, quite normal - did the garage data log the car after changed? i.e. check the C.F levels etc?
  18. Joeb

MK1 prices and a general rant

how long are you willing to wait for the right offer though? will that time ever come? unfortunately only the enthusiasts will appreciate the time and effort youve put into the car. its sad like most have said, people just want a cheap fast ride and dont consider the LCR to be worth anything...
  19. Joeb

My First RR!! Red LCR

nice, red is the best colour by far. RR figures are good too. had it lowered yet? do it mate.
  20. Joeb

Pictures of your cupra R's sitting low on coilovers

hello lads two questions [1] is the ride double as harsh when lowered? [2] i see some of you still have your splitterss on, are you constantly scrapping speed humps now?
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members