Search results

1. big ALI H

Strange scrape/scratch down car - advice needed

i havent mate, cos of the colour - its like platinum grey - its near impossible to take a pic of it and be able to see it
  2. big ALI H

yep, polished with Autoglym super resin polish then Swissol'd it too and its made a very marginal difference - barely noticeable that i'd spent hours doing it:censored:
  3. big ALI H

angle grinder:whistle: Seriously though, used a cloth with hot soapy (car shampoo not fairy liquid) and that got jack all off. Ended up using a small amount of t cut and that eventually got it off
  4. big ALI H

Mrs Al has got an 06 Merc A Class and some c0ck went down the side of it with permanent marker about 2 months ago. When we managed to get it off its eaten into the laquer i think and has left a dull line down the length of car about 1-2 inch in width. It almost looks as if its been cleaned off...
  5. big ALI H

Chosing between Leon Cupra TDi and Ibiza Cupra Tdi

I agree mate, any hit they have had has already been and gone and it was so minimal its barely had any effect. I think thats possibly because the Mk2 Leon had such a mixed reaction, if anything, more worse than good and the Mk1 had/has a good following. Whereas the mk4 Ibiza has never been...
  6. big ALI H

New Cupra Owner.......i Need Xenon's Please

If thats right and it is running 225bhp then it'll be rather evil and a seriously quick way to being :banned:
  7. big ALI H

Chosing between Leon Cupra TDi and Ibiza Cupra Tdi

I've had a leon (20VT cupra) & an Ibiza (130 TDI Sport) and have got to say the Leon is much nicer to drive and also has a much nicer interior full stop. The plastics in the Ibiza are really quite poor imo If it was my choice, i would not even hesitate with the Leon, i do like the Ibiza as...
  8. big ALI H

Had it two day's and someones keyed it!!!

Gutting when this type of thing happens. Bought my missus an 06 plate Merc A Class and some kock went down the side of the car with a big fat black permanent marker, which ate into the laquer and has put a 2-3 inch dull stripe down the length of the car, would love to have caught them doing...
  9. big ALI H

Aero wipers - how do you replace the blades?

simple solution is to trade your car in:whistle:. Or perhaps more sensibly if you're struggling, nip into Halfords (sorry for swearing) and get them to change them (sure its free?) Edit to say, thinkg about it on my old mk5 golf, i'm sure all you did was lift the arm, swivel the blade round...
  10. big ALI H

Brake lights faulty!on ibiza tdi

Long time since i've been on here but i used to have a mk4 TDI Sport which had a similar problem - one of the side lights was very dim, coinciding with the brakes lights playing up - high level working ok but the 2 side ones intermittently not until they both stopped altogether. Took it into the...
  11. big ALI H

HELP: what to do...

Just to confirm, its my car (soon to be old car:cry: ) and it had a brand new clutch put in it about 4,000 miles ago after JCT600 buggered it so the clutch is tip top!
  12. big ALI H

Ibiza TDi buying advice

No problem mate :cheers:
  13. big ALI H

Ibiza TDi buying advice

Mines for sale! Look here http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=73485
  14. big ALI H

Tyres And Pads

Snap again, mine went really bad. However my rears lasted nearly 60k miles :-o Strange about the fronts as no other tyre i've had on the front since (either good or bad quality of tyre) has every done it at all :confused:
  15. big ALI H

What would you estimate, bhp ???

Cheers mate, good to be back in the mad-house :cheers:
  16. big ALI H

What would you estimate, bhp ???

Ant, chill and buy that diesel we all know you crave for :whistle: :bleh:
  17. big ALI H

Trip Computer

Ah, theres 2 options mate. Press the button on the indication stalk (small round button on the underneath) which toggles between current journey and total journeys. Press and hold resets each one ;)
  18. big ALI H

Gearknob fitment help . . .

You should be able to get any aftermartket gearknob to fit mate. I got one from a local car accessory shop for £18 and it looks great. Just three little grub screws to hold it onto the shaft and its very secure. £50+ seems like a lot of money for a gearknob IMO, just seems like a waste just to...
  19. big ALI H

Ibiza FR TDi or Fiesta ST?

Wasnt being funny about the stripes matey, just seem like the glory is being taken away from the Cobra by the crappy Dodge Viper :rolleyes: Agreed, the Ibiza handles OK but from what i've read the Fiesta handles better and i imagine it will be built better too. All i was meaning is that...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise