Search results

1. chumsofmanutd

Fitting Mk2 Ibiza towbar on a mk3

I paid about £60 delivered on ebay. But they don't come around very often to say the least! I wouldn't pay much more than that though whether detachable or not, I think they are available brand new for about £80-90 either on ebay or from a towbar retailer. Cheers Rob.
  2. chumsofmanutd

Yeah I came to the conclusion it did, I purchased my detach which was previously fitted to a Mk2 :)
  3. chumsofmanutd

Just wondering if anyone knows whether a towbar off a mk2 ibiza should fit a mk3. Theres one on the bay at the moment that says it should fit 1996-2002 but wasn't sure whether or not this was correct. Thanks
  4. chumsofmanutd

Peeling interior door handles and one more..

You can buy the fobs and re tune them yourself (think it says how to do this in the manual that comes with the car). Be careful when buying though as think there are about 3 different fobs that look exactly the same but only one will work with your car. Maybe best speaking to the stealers and...
  5. chumsofmanutd

Need help - just cut out completely on me - wet ecu?

My ecu had let water in, then it froze which messed it up! Had to get the ecu repaired (expensive), so I've put a plastic cover over it to divert the water from running directly onto the box and instead drips off underneath. Theres obviously a design fault, because there is no way that simply...
  6. chumsofmanutd

electric windows not working?

Probably the switches are sticky, you can service them if your careful when taking them apart. Giving the contacts a clean normally solves the problem.
  7. chumsofmanutd

clocks/instrument panel

140mph and 8000 revs.
  8. chumsofmanutd

clocks/instrument panel

Thanks for that. I have a 1.6. Can anybody ele confirm whether or not the 1.4 and 1.6's are the same?
  9. chumsofmanutd

clocks/instrument panel

Does anybody know if the clocks are specific to the model- Are there different versions of the clocks for the cupra, 1.6 etc or are they all the same on the mk3's? Just wondering as I need a new cluster and wasn't sure whether I need to look for one specific to my model.
  10. chumsofmanutd

Tow Bar

haha, I hope it's never been done before!
  11. chumsofmanutd

Tow Bar

I agree, they're both there to do a job. It's not all about how it looks!
  12. chumsofmanutd

Tow Bar

Only a jetski.
  13. chumsofmanutd

Earth Point for Harness (220)

Checked all the harness now aswell as the sensors. Think it must be the ECU, engine fires but runs lumpy as anything. If so where would be best to get an ECU from? In fact it would be useful to possibly try swapping an ecu with someone else with a 1.6 just to test if it fixes the probem? If...
  14. chumsofmanutd

Yeah checked those 3 and still the same. Beginning to think theres a break in the harness
  15. chumsofmanutd

Vag com says I have a crank and cam sensor problem. Wondered if it might be dodgy earth - the manual says they are both earthed at point '220' for the engine harness but doesn't say where point '220' is. Does anybody know? I've already tried replacing both sensors and timing is fine. Rob
  16. chumsofmanutd

camshaft sensor causing miss firing

Thanks for the advice, ended up getting one of the bay for £21 delivered, just need to fit now :)
  17. chumsofmanutd

Thanks mate, am I best off getting from the dealers or is there anywhere else you would recommend?
  18. chumsofmanutd

Having problems with the car. It will start but it wont rev above about 500 even with throttle, its very lumpy and miss-firing like hell! I get a camshaft sensor error on the vag com, does it sound like these problems could be caused by this? Thanks Rob
  19. chumsofmanutd

vag com settings

No its not, I had the same problem before and had to lower the baud rate, but can't remember what too.
  20. chumsofmanutd

vag com settings

Could anyone tell me the vag com setting that I need to change for my leon and what it should be changed to. I can't get it to find the engine when scanning, I had the same problem a while a go and had to change the baut I think but can't remember what to! I can't find the thread about it so...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.