Search results

1. michaelg1001

20VT Toledo now wrapped GREEN

you will struggle to go 4wd, it's a massive job because you will have to cut out the rear floor pan and replace it with one from a 4motion golf or A3/S3 quattro.
  2. michaelg1001

Mechanic cannot bleed brakes

I've just bled the brakes after making a massive ****-up with my eezibleed and pumped air into the system to the passenger rear caliper. Eventually got it sorted, bled the calipers, then the ABS with VCDS, then bled calipers, then ABS again, then the calipers again, then the master cylinder, and...
  3. michaelg1001

Toledo tdi PD150 warning lights . . . Help

As Seatleonfr said, it could be anything, on my last one mine started flashing despite no issues running or starting up, turned out it was the glow plugs
  4. michaelg1001

Warning lights on Remapped car?

Tell him to man up and buy an S3 instead
  5. michaelg1001

Lylo's Toledo PD150sport "wine red"

I think with those mods you should easily see 200bhp, especially if you got a custom map done. I think the clutch would decide for you whether it's worth upgrading, if it starts to slip it will certainly need looking into at some point. but while it's out and with that kind of mileage you are...
  6. michaelg1001

Yeah I'd definitely recommend a map, it totally transforms the car. Mine was 190bhp once it was done, kept up with my mate's 200SX, though the clutch lasted about 3 weeks before it started slipping. It didnt do it all the time though, it ran like that for about 18 months, before it was replaced...
  7. michaelg1001

Looks tidy mate, picking up my 2nd 150TDi Toledo tomorrow, though not as clean as my last one or my 110 I had previously. here's my old one: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=240918
  8. michaelg1001

Replacing a Toledo

Yeah I was a student, came to the end of uni, so no job, no more student loan, no money :( oil seeping from boost pipes are a common thing I have noticed on all the TDi engines I've had, although the effect on performance I have found is minimal. When I had my Toledo mapped, it was putting out...
  9. michaelg1001

Replacing a Toledo

smart looking car you have there mate! I had both a 110 then switched to a 150 (in silver too!) a couple of years ago, without a doubt the best car iv ever had! wish i didnt have to sell it, but i had no money for car insurance :( had mine remapped so it was a proper Q car, putting out 190bhp...
  10. michaelg1001

PD150 Clutch Problem

yeah he did, got the clutch re-bled and its been fine since
  11. michaelg1001

Quality lowering springs

I'll agree with Mr Watson there like, the Eibachs I had on my first Toledo were a million miles better than the Jamex ones on the second. The ride was almost OEM, but was a little firmer. Jamex on the other hand, they were cheap and made it look good, that's all I could afford as a student! I...
  12. michaelg1001

DTM Toledo??

save all of the hassle and just buy one of these http://www.racecarsdirect.com/listing/30124/BTCC_Toledo.html
  13. michaelg1001

Toledo Chapter 2

Finally! Some pics of it clean! Only cos I'm selling it though :( http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=282295
  14. michaelg1001

Electric window problems

yeah it will be the cables, i had the same on my last toledo, and eventually it snapped on my way to get its MOT! like thev5 says, it doesnt take that long to do, and its not that difficult, just a bit of a faff on thats all. i never had to take the lock off at all though
  15. michaelg1001

just bought a toledo

lol cheers mate. theres 3 ways to do lowering really, lowing springs alone, lowering springs with uprated dampers, or coilovers. lowering springs alone is your cheapest option, coilovers most expensive. you get what you pay for basically. i hit lucky with the black one because i found a set...
  16. michaelg1001

just bought a toledo

well this one is my old one, 17" leon cupra alloys, lowered 30mm on eibach springs
  17. michaelg1001

just bought a toledo

have a look here mate http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=249554 most of the cars in there you will find have 17" or 18" alloys
  18. michaelg1001

Post The Toledo's

well if you include the standard ones this is my 5th set, although only 3 sets have actually made it on to the car lol :D yeah springs have settled now, rides a lot harder now like lol, a lot worse than the eibachs i had on my last one, but i can put up with it cos of how well it looks and...
  19. michaelg1001

Post The Toledo's

couple of pics of mine i took with me mates alfa. got me new wheels on, sorry its a bit dirty mind! il get some better ones up once its clean
  20. michaelg1001

Toledo Chapter 2

its dropped 40mm all round on jamex springs with standard dampers. it rides a little bit firmer but not enough to bother me. iv also put a c2 stubby aerial on in case nobody noticed lol
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.