Search results

1. toonfiend

i need help!!!!!!

Yep, I'll go along with that, I bought a like for like replacement stat from Hellfrauds and it didn't even fit right, it was just a tad too small and the rubber washer was shocking. Could it possibly be a dodgy coolant sensor?
  2. toonfiend

Rear wheel bearing - confused

Good result mate, glad it worked out.
  3. toonfiend

Yep, I'm with you there mate, I've been driving since I was 17 and am now errr 40 something, had loads of cars but the Ibiza is in the top two for me, little faults aside I found it reliable...yes you read that right!, and a real pleasure to own. Bit gutted when I had to sell her due to losing...
  4. toonfiend

Alright mate, All the info is in the Haynes, but its spread over 2 seperate chapters (Disc removal and refitting is in Braking System 9.6, and bearing renewal is in Suspension and Steering 10.11), but its not very clear. Before you go out and buy any new bits and start stripping your discs out...
  5. toonfiend

Absence of certain warning lights.. dafook?

Alright mate, sounds like a puzzler. Has it always done this or has it just started? First thing I would check is the connector for the dash. The dash is pretty easy to take off, just undo the 2 screws at the top. Dont know if your steering wheel is an OE one but im sure I read on here that you...
  6. toonfiend

Starting Problem

Could be your Coil mate.
  7. toonfiend

Top mounts

Changed mine using only an allen key held in place with a ring spanner and another spanner to undo the nut....
  8. toonfiend

Top mounts

Looks OK, mine are the same, Passed 2 previous MOTs like it.
  9. toonfiend

A Few Problems I've got...

As long as its taxed and insured you can tax it online, theyll check your MOT on the database, better than queuing in the ruddy post office....
  10. toonfiend

Prep for MOT

Alright mate, a few things to sort out there! Probably better trying out some cheap stuff first, put some new rear wheel bearings in, did mine last year about a tenner a side, see what that does, Whats the mileage on the car?, mines got 110K on it and went for MOT yesterday went straight through...
  11. toonfiend

Really bad dashboard lights

Hello mate and welcome along!!! Mine is exactly the same, the previous owner had done a blue LED conversion and it was a bit dull so I swapped it back to stock but this was even worse! so the blue LEDs are back in. I think its a general bug bear as ive seen posts on here about the lighting round...
  12. toonfiend

Cuts out when idle-ing, drops revs when driving along, back fires & kangeroos. HELP?!

I`ll have a pound on it being your Crank Sensor. This is a carbon copy of what was happening to mine, I changed everything, even the distributor on the advice of the RAC man, to no avail. Turned out to be the Crank Sensor, no problems since. New Distributor £110 + the old one in exchange...
  13. toonfiend

MK2 Ibiza / Cordoba Pedal box replacement

Im sure if I remember rightly when I did mine, once the heads off it will just drop straight out. I started trying to shear the head off with a dremel type tool but it was taking ages so I managed to squeeze an angle grinder up there, Its a tight fit and had to have a steady hand but literally 5...
  14. toonfiend

still fuming with kwik fit!! but finally sorted the car :)

Kwik Fit are total bandits, surely you could have grounds for complaint there?, you changed the bit THEY put on the fail sheet but yet its the wrong bit?? Hmmm incompetance springs to mind, ring thier head office see what they say....
  15. toonfiend

Official Tail Docker Squad list!

I just bent it back on itself and clamped it with a cable tie.
  16. toonfiend

rear hatch window black sealant disintegrating, anyway to stop it?

Mine did that at the top under the spoiler, had water running down the inside of the rear window, just ran some translucent bathroom sealant along the join inside, never leaked since....
  17. toonfiend

Official Tail Docker Squad list!

Gone,Gone,Gone...... Embrace your inner plug love....
  18. toonfiend

i have had enough!

That just sucks ar$e mate, feel for ya. I bet that knob jockey that hit you was neither taxed ,MOT`d or insured, it just makes my blood boil when law abiding citizens get shafted like that, F*****g Pond life scum[:@][:@][:@]. Any hope of a repair? judging by your post youve finally had a gut...
  19. toonfiend

mk2 beeza

If your trying to keep your costs down keep it cheap and easy to start off... 1. Lowering Springs 2. Induction Kit or upgraded filter 3. Backbox 4. Depending on your tastes maybe some new wheels Then start saving and let the fun begin!!
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.