Search results

1. volvic

What tyres?

Uniroyal rainsport 2 gets my vote. Great in the dry and amazing in the wet.
  2. volvic

Diesel Owners

When I had a 1.9 pd150, I use to get 400-450 miles to a tank. That was with a for bit of stop start traffic as I work in London. I didn't hang about either. I was very happy with that.
  3. volvic

Painted Calipers

Before I started Bit of elbow grease So far It's metallic pearl paint. 4 coats of black base, 6 coats of pearl finished with 3 coats of clear lacquer. Picture is crap, but they really do sparkle. None of it is heat resistant so will see how the year goes.
  4. volvic

MK3 Turbo timer suggestions

Turbo timers... argh!!! Drive calmly of the last mile of your journey and let the engine run for 10seconds when you stop. You probably don't even realise that you sit there for a bit getting your bits together anyway before you get out the car. Each to their own etc
  5. volvic

mot rules & eml woes

When you say remap above, I think you're saying a £250+ performance remap which includes mapping the egr light out. I had the egr delete on my Leon before I sold it, jabba mapped the light out at the same time as putting a generic map on. They must be able to map the light out regardless of the...
  6. volvic

mot rules & eml woes

You don't need a full on remap to map out the light for egr. The eml light will function as normal, but overlook the egr.
  7. volvic

hesitant acceleration

when was the last time the fuel filter was replaced? I had similar problems, turned out to be that!
  8. volvic

My Accord Type R - Wheels Refurbed!

I've always had a soft spot for the accord type r. Such a shame the Euro R didn't come here with the new shape. Loving your car!
  9. volvic

aBhardwaj1990's old school "bit on the side", Britney the Beemer!

I'm sooo jealous! I wanted one as a second car / run about but had to settle for a Clio as family wanted to use it also. I wanted this:
  10. volvic

Vibration at speed?

Could be any of them... Process of elimination really.. First thing I'd checked would be to make sure the tyre pressure is all correct. Have a quick visual inspection of the tyres also... Make sure the weights are all there too After that if it's still there you'd have to visit a garage...
  11. volvic

Leon 1.9 tdi FR common faults?

my tip: drive it like you stole it every now and then, keeps soot away from the turbo... (in other words, don't be afraid to venture towards 4k rpm)
  12. volvic

My Corsa Turbo featured in this months Total Vauxhall Magazine

I'm not a fan of vauxhalls, buy I love the oem look. Almost sleeper like
  13. volvic

Front screen spray gone

Mine stopped working last year due to wind-chill...
  14. volvic

Platinum Grey Leon FR TDI Hybrid - The End!

You sure it's from the exhaust? I had a bad vibration which was caused by resonance in the intercooler piping. Some rubber grommets between the h&s bolts sorted it. If the noise happens on rev (while car is at a stop, mine happened between 2 and 3k), get a mate to touch/hold parts of the...
  15. volvic

Faisal's Liquid Yellow Cupra R - Now Sold!

May I persist that you put the wife up for sale?
  16. volvic

m0rk's 1990 Eunos Roadster

There's a serious lack of small rwd cars.. If only the early civics were rwd too... I should be picking up the new family cruiser this Sunday (Toyota aristo) and once the Leon goes I'll try and find a miata for about £1200 or less! Have you got a video of the car now? I'd love to hear it with a...
  17. volvic

Nice.. I wondered who put a pair of knickers on my mirror!! Do you want them back? :lol:
  18. volvic

What time you in at H&S? I'll be there at 8am, as one of the bolts has come off and has caused an annoying rattle. I tried to fix it myself, jacked up the car, got underneath but it's a car lift job. I've not had the issue of boost pipes coming off (although mine isn't as powerful as yours)
  19. volvic

m0rk's 1990 Eunos Roadster

I'm seriously thinking of a MK1 as a get to work car.. You're one has just made me want one more!
  20. volvic

favourite pic of your car

Maybe you're the wrong type of Indian? :D or maybe no one loves you? (LOL kidding) Either way the guy from goodness gracious me said it best: Indian!