Search results

1. Brake judder between 40-60mph

A lot of grime did come off the discs when I wiped them, do you reckon just changing the pads would sort it then?
  2. Brake judder between 40-60mph

No obvious signs of this and don't have a DTI gauge for check properly, it is what im thinking could be the issue. The discs and pads are brembo but just a standard set and I have read some stuff about brembo farming out production to China
  3. Brake judder between 40-60mph

I have 2010 Leon Fr 2.0 TSI and have started getting vibration when braking between 40-60mph, the front pads and discs are only 8 months old and I recently took them apart to check for any obvious signs of which there was none, even cleaned and re-greased the pads while I had them off. Is it...
  4. Leon FR 2.0tsi remap

Nice one, keep me updated
  5. Leon FR 2.0tsi remap

What's involved in removing the pre-cat? Does it require a ramp to access from underneath, will a replacement section be needed and will it still get through an MOT without it?
  6. Leon FR 2.0tsi remap

Looking for any owners of the 2.0tsi FR (the 211ps lump) who have it remapped, what sort of gains did you achieve? What was the car like after the map as Ive never really been impressed with the 2.0tsi in stock form. Cheers
  7. Remap and 99ron

That's fair enough didn't realise there was a difference with the newer engines
  8. Remap and 99ron

Me too, I know a lot of the jap stuff like Imprezas and Evos can be quite sensitive to fuel but never thought VAG engines had that issue
  9. Remap and 99ron

So I recently enquired about a remap for my FR with the 2.0Tsi and the tuner (not gonna mention who as I'm not here to bad mouth) informed me that it should be mapped for 99ron to get the best, when I informed them that 99 Ron is scarce where I live but that 97 Ron is plentiful and I use it all...
  10. Cam chain tensioner

If your talking about the timing chain tensioner this only affects face lifted FRs, the cupra R still uses a belt
  11. Just Ppicked up my New FR TSI- DO's/Dont's

Hope I haven't put you off your new purchase but look at it this way had you bought a belt driven engine you would have been paying for a cambelt change at some point and the tensioner costs the same, if you like the car and want to keep it for a bit then £300-£500 is much better than a few...
  12. Just Ppicked up my New FR TSI- DO's/Dont's

Nope and often when it happens if the car is out of warranty the manufacturer wants nothing to do with it, sometimes after a lot of fighting and arguing they offer some goodwill contribution but usually customer pays for new engine.
  13. Just Ppicked up my New FR TSI- DO's/Dont's

The tensioners fail on start up and engine goes bang! From the trawling of forums I done the newest revision was issued May 2012, so it's unlikely you'll have this one fitted, there were a few revisions made and it seems to be the first type that suffers the most.
  14. Just Ppicked up my New FR TSI- DO's/Dont's

I would deffo look into changing the tensioner, the revised version came out in 2012 so it's unlikely yours will have that. I had it done for peace of mind, cost £450 from a Seat dealer but I have seen people had it done for less
  15. huge issue on 59 fr

It is pretty disgusting behaviour from VAG, there are plenty of people that have pushed them and got it sorted for free or heavily discounted but I guess it's not always practical if you need your car back quick and don't have the weeks/months to push them until they give in. Just another...
  16. huge issue on 59 fr

Make sure and get the newest revision of the tensioner fitted either as part of the repair or have it fitted to the recon engine.
  17. OEMVAG parts

I used them to buy the Cupra R spoiler, bit pricey on postage as it comes from Spain but their prices on parts are good and they are trustworthy.
  18. what engine for replacement

There's a few 2.0tfsi lumps for sale on eBay
  19. Vinyl wrap centre section bumper

Sorry I thought you meant on the rear bumper
  20. Vinyl wrap centre section bumper

On my FL FR the parking sensors are in the bumper section and not the plastic number plate diffuser area .
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.