Search results

1. MK2 Leon - Very poor in snow

My FR wasn't bad last winter but not amazing, the low revs I could hold in the diesel meant it was easier to creep and gain better traction. But this years car (Subaru Legacy auto) being AWD is infinitely better, have not had any issues at all, apart from my desire to powerslide LOL
  2. Info/advise on Leon FR TDI 170

That price sounds high to me for a 58 car with that many miles.......but I do like the colour and leather is a bonus. Mine brand new (without kit or leather) only cost me a tiny amount more was 58 reg too! Just had my 20K service from local main dealer and it was £240.
  3. Anyone with Factory rear PDC.

When i ordered my FR (58 reg) they were not a factory option - only a dealer option - I'm not sure PDC was available from the factory until the current model.
  4. Bonnet Bra fitted =)

Stone chips mostly is what I think they're for - but not my cup of tea and if left on brighter coloured cars then removed the paint difference can be amazing :( I used to live in the US where these are far more common and it always made me laugh that rust riddled cars (no MoT required in the...
  5. windscreen wipers annoying me

Mine are fine (18k miles).....do make sure I wipe them when washing the car though and clean the screen with glass cleaner.
  6. inexperienced Seat Leon Fan!!! Wanting Leon TDI FR

In my experience there will be very few FR's with leather seats....this was not a factory option (not when I ordered my 58) and only a dealer option and they were £2,500 so I can't see many people going for them. Until the one above I had not seen or heard of an FR with leather seats.
  7. inexperienced Seat Leon Fan!!! Wanting Leon TDI FR

I bought mine with the intention that it would rack up a lot of motorway miles and those it has are 70%+ motorway miles and it really is good there.....less potholes so smoother ride and I'm on the optional 18's. And the added power is really useful, so I'd say you'd fine. Mine's up at £14K...
  8. Leon FR Outside Temperature Audio Warning

Mine's exactly the same (58)...get the flashing display on start up but no 'bong'.....but do get the 'bong' if the temp drops to 4C or below while I'm driving along (as it did last night).
  9. inexperienced Seat Leon Fan!!! Wanting Leon TDI FR

The ride is quite firm, but not that bad, it's better than in my 911, and I now prefer having 2 cars that don't feel like they're going to topple over when I go round corners :D Cruise control was also standard on my 58 reg (for sale now but Candy White!) so not sure when it became standard.
  10. Resetting Service Indicator

11. Radio reception

Same thing happened with mine (58)....has radio, aerial and mast replaced under warranty (they did themast last and I think this was the original problem). All fixed now :)
  12. Resetting Service Indicator

Is there a way to do this or should I not be worried :confused: Have done a quick search but no joy Annoyingly due to the KM vs Miles thing mine is now showing it is due a service some 1,900 miles early.....I can imagine by the time I get to 50K miles it will show as something like 6K...
  13. high octane fuel really worth it on FR?

I'd never put it in TBH, not sure it's worth the extra on a family non super performance car.......in my other car only use Super as it does make a difference
  14. Discount on FR TDi

I got almost £2K off but that was just over a year ago now.................
  15. How long should I leave engine running before switch off?

I leave the engine turned on after stopping only as long as it takes me to turn the key TBH........think I'd ned to be driving it very hard (which won't happen) to think about leaving it running. Conversely in my 997 TT I leave it for about 30 seconds just to make sure everything settles down.
  16. True delivery times

Mine was ordered mid June (2008) and was delivered to me on September 1st.
  17. Changing Backlight Colour

I'm ceratinly no dab hand with anything practical at all so I guess they will have to stay as they are :(
  18. Changing Backlight Colour

This may be rather a random question and I suspect he cost/work involved would be prohibitive.........but...... Does anyone know if it possible (and how it's done) to change the backlight colour on the instrument panel; from Red to another colour :confused: I have always found the Red a...
  19. Honest TDI FR Fuel Consumption

Over the last year (well 364 days!) and 16K miles, mine has averaged between 43 and 45mpg combination of town and motorway driving/
  20. Speedo errors.

In my experience, all speedos (regardless of manufacturer) read wrong, I tend to use the GPs (when on) as a more accurate measure but know I have between 3 and 5mph out most of the time, although last weekend on the autobahn, 135mph on the speedo came out as 128mph ish (I only glanced at it) on...
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise