Search results

1. flashp

Leon MkIII towbar plus dedicated 7 pin electrics

Really long shot but did this ever sell?
  2. flashp

Leon FR 184 Diesel For Sale

Is this still for sale? Pretty much what I'm looking for.
  3. flashp

Coming back to the fold

So, my last Seat was sold 10 years ago and it looks like a Mk3 could be coming to garage near me. I'm looking at a 2016 1.6 diesel SE Technology tomorrow, I'm not familiar with it but was surprised to note it has a 5 speed box. It does have the larger infotainment screen which was good to see...
  4. flashp

diesel particulate filter problems

Rather than fight this it would be cheaper to get Custom Code to de-DPF and map your car.
  5. flashp

What an experience... advice please.

At least you're both ok. I wouldn't for one moment want to criticise your driving, I wasn't there!!...but if you'd like to increase your confidence & ability have a look at this http://www.iam.org.uk/ I considered myself to be a good driver before I did this, but I soon found out I didn't...
  6. flashp

pics of 17"s and 18"s

Here's a point of note for you...Orion 18 alloys from the dealer are £233.45 each incl VAT. If you go through the options catalogue you'll find the better looking Seat sport wheels for around £130 each. Doesn't matter till you consider replacing one of them like I am (was[:@]) Something to...
  7. flashp

Squeling noise when cold tfsi fr

Well this is just what I was looking for! I've been having this debate with my dealer for some time now on my FR diesel. I already suggested a pulley / tensioner but they seem reluctant to pick up the spanners and have a nose about. They did blindly apply a fix from Seat to do with air intake...
  8. flashp

Flies in K1 rear light cluster

Good luck!
  9. flashp

I had no explanation given, but for anyone about to contact their dealer it is worth mentioning that Seat have already honoured a warranty claim with respect to this issue, so a precedent has been set.
  10. flashp

Spanish fly !? Got my offside tail light replaced under warranty by Kings Seat Portsmouth for this problem. No questions or debate from Seat.
  11. flashp

Now THIS is my kind of neighbourhood!

I'm the neighbour! They can all have them so long as they aren't white...and they have they new ones so they have the ugly face :clap: Good photo BTW - I approve!
  12. flashp

delaminating windscreens leon mk2

I had this on an Octavia (04 plate) and got it replaced on warranty also. It was because the edge of the screen is kept damp by collected dirt.......so I was told. Not seen it on mine...yet.
  13. flashp

Dead fly in tail light

It's in the boot lid section. I had it out today and tried to manoeuvre him out to no avail. I was surprised to see that these light units are quite well sealed. There is the outer lens to the light, and then an inner lens. The bulbs shine through from behind the inner lens. He seems to be...
  14. flashp

Leon FR Suspension

Done it...has FSD's fitted and kept standard springs on my FR 170. Net result...brilliant. I have posted around here regarding this, there'll be lots to read somewhere!
  15. flashp

Dead fly in tail light

Yep that's right, dead fly in my tail light. How great is that...can't get the little :censored: out either. Guess I'll have to wait until he desiccates and become a little pile of dust......unless anyone has any clues about how to remove the corpse? :think: Couldn't stop looking at it when I...
  16. flashp

Whats this leon all about then?

You'd need to be 18 to get away with driving that or you'd look a right plum...in my opinion of course:whistle: 22.5k........in the words of Mike Brewer 'They're 'avin a turkish!'
  17. flashp

2009 Mk2 Leon facelift.

Mmm....my mistake. I was wondering why they had gone the trouble of writing an entire article without even a picture of the correct vehicle in sight. I assumed that they couldn't make such a basic **** up...but I was wrong! Everything they say must be true......:think: Looking at the...
  18. flashp

2009 Mk2 Leon facelift.

That review is for the current model, not the 09 facelift.
  19. flashp

New (to me) Leon Cupra

I had a rattle here as well. I found that the two fixing screws (torx screws inside the rubbers) on the corners front edge of the glove box (behind the g'box door) needed to be adjusted so that the rubbers supported the g'box door when closed. I used some small rubber O rings to space the screws...
  20. flashp

Bored at stoplights

If a clutch wasn't necessary you wouldn't have one. :headhurt: Maybe find something else to play with?