Search results

1. strange rattle/Vibration at 3k RPM

Cheers Paul, My heatsheild already has a big jubilee clip around it from a few years ago when it came loose. I have a pit in the garage and had a look underneith with the car running yesterday and couldnt hear or feel anything that was loose, it only seems to do it when there is some load...
  2. strange rattle/Vibration at 3k RPM

Hi all, I have a strange rattle/vibration coming from what sounds like the exhaust (manifold end) when I give it medium amount of throttle going through 2nd and 3rd gear at 3k RPM, doesn’t do it at stand still or if I pass through 3K RPM gently just when under heavy load. It’s a highish...
  3. Clutch Cable Self Adjusting Mechanism

Ahh I see so as it came off the pedal, its hit full adjustment outwards, and thats why i cant conpress it now as I should? So the new cable comes complete with a new adjuster and outer cable etc that I need to feed through the bulkhead holes? The haynes manual makes it sound like its just an...
  4. Clutch Cable Self Adjusting Mechanism

I have had to take the pedal box bracket out due to the clutch cable bracket failing, im trying to get the old clutch cable out, but the self adjusting mechanism just wont compress, does it make a difference if the cable is already unhooked from the end of the pedal? (Didn’t have much choice in...
  5. Drive Shaft Boot?

The boots are quite different either side (the orginals were as well), but the other is quite small, but it does have a clip on it
  6. Drive Shaft Boot?

Phoned the garage this morning, aparently its a self sealing gator, anyone every heard of one of these?
  7. Drive Shaft Boot?

Yeah, the end nearest the diff, tucks under a flange, its the other end that doesnt have a clip, there looks like a grove for it to sit in though.
  8. Drive Shaft Boot?

I have just had the inner drive shaft boot done today at a local garage and when I went to put my undertray on I realised that there is no metal band clip around the end, is this a special kind of boot or anything? Or have they just left it off. It was meant to be a genuine seat one I...
  9. Mk2 top mount

Cheers jason, Flicking a bit further through the Haynes manual, it looks like the third piece is for the rear shocks, it has the rubber cut out where the coil spring sits, difficult to remember when you just have a large bag of bits! For the front, its a bearing, large rubber thing and a...
  10. Mk2 top mount

Does anyone have an exploded diagram of a Mk2 GTi16v top mount assembly?, the Haynes diagram only seems to show two bits and I have three! Taking my coilovers off, so its been a while since I dismantled the original stuff and now cant figure out how it does back together! Did a few searches...
  11. body shops Fleet, Hants area

lol, i must have looked at it a bit quickly, Farehams about 50 mins from here, probably a bit to far. Cheers though. Dan
  12. body shops Fleet, Hants area

Yeah Farnham isn’t to far, do you have the name of the place?, cheers I think Bracknell is probably a little to far, will give them a go if i dont find anything good locally, cheers. I have been recommended Liphook Coach works as been very good, but again quite far just to go and get a...
  13. body shops Fleet, Hants area

Can anyone recommend any body shops in the Fleet Hants area? Some one recommended Barry Knight some time ago, just wondered if anyone has had any work done by anyone local? My Ibiza needs the bonnet and wing resprayed after being damaged when having the windscreen replaced. Cheers Dan
  14. Gti 16v or Cupra?

Does anyone know how to integrate a table into this thread, or in a new one?
  15. Gti 16v or Cupra?

To answer everyone’s questions why don’t we have some kind of table to fill in about what Ibiza we have and the options it came with, maybe one for the 16v and one for the 8v, with details of Model V5 description And a simple yes no to ABS, Aircon, traction control, wheel size from...
  16. Gti 16v or Cupra?

Does yours have aircon and sunroof, if it does its probably the GTi 16v and not the cupra. My GTi 16v came with the cupra 16" wheels as well. Dan
  17. Mk3 exhaust on a Mk2?

As steve has just said above, they meet in a differnt place on the Mk3 so just a back box wouldnt fit the Mk2
  18. Mk3 exhaust on a Mk2?

Cheers Steve, sounds like it might be worth a go, I would have to find out the bore sizes first, and I would get a cat back system if I did it. Two weeks ago, on the monday I think, I went down to Swanage, went through Walisdown and down past tower park on the way out to Wareham. Came back...
  19. Mk3 exhaust on a Mk2?

Cheers Steve, I had seen in other threads it was possible, just wondered if a performace Mk3 system would also go staright on to a mk2?
  20. Mk3 exhaust on a Mk2?

I want to get one that can come through a cut out in the bumper similar to the 20v, all the 16v systems seem to come out under the bumper, I think you can get a Remus twin Magnex oval (wouldn't touch with a barge pole after my old pug 205 GTi exhaust) Scorpion le mans twin. Ashely do...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.