Search results

1. ThackersLCR

Tuning - Any Suggestions???

The CTR is on rails! If you aren't already, you will be astounded at how that thing handles. You'll have him on the straight (unless its had a K-pro ecu, which I wouldnt tell him about as he'll want one), but throw a few twistys into the equation and he'll be gone. Andycupra's list is a good...
  2. ThackersLCR

Using 1/4 tank going 23 miles?!

Yes, very faintly. As mentioned, il find out more tomoro after some logging. What are your thoughts Graham?
  3. ThackersLCR

Yeh, i know what you mean. Il be doing the same 23 mile journey again tomoro to get some logging done, il squeeze some pipes, wont be used today. It was a genuine one but im aware they can be hit n miss. Cheers pal
  4. ThackersLCR

I know where your comin from, no mayo on inside of cap though. I did think thermostat but its not even 6 months old. And coolant temp sensor was replaced by me the same time as thermostat. Pre cat lambda was changed 18 months ago. Maybe dodgy CTS?!
  5. ThackersLCR

As the title, its costing quite abit but more to the point... whats wrong?! When coming to a stop, revs dropping, the needle hesitates for a second around 1k, then drops to normal idle. With my foot planted in 1st with the current mpg on the trip, its reading 5.0. Its asif iv got a leak, just...
  6. ThackersLCR

Cheapest place for Brake Pads for Brembos

Fair comment! I know everyones driving styles are different and therefore dont need an uprated pad, me being nosey!
  7. ThackersLCR

Cheapest place for Brake Pads for Brembos

Sorry mate, iv got to ask... why do you want cheap? Not many users on here do cheap! Local motor shops should be able to help you, or forum sponsors if your looking for that bit of extra stopping power.
  8. ThackersLCR

Part number Required

Try giving forge a ring mate. Or get some sizes n see if you can source some locally or off the net. Stealers arent called stealers for no reason!
  9. ThackersLCR

Leon wouldn't start at Brands Hatch BSB yesterday...?

Your local car shop, Halfrauds should do a battery/ alternator test. Shouldnt be much, round here its free. Short journeys dont really do battery much good!
  10. ThackersLCR

Why you should use vag-com to re-set the Throttle body

Is it worth removing the Throttle body to do the cleaning or just leave it on? New gaskets will be required when re-fitting i presume?!
  11. ThackersLCR

Why does my lcr tick like a clock?

Good read! So when "The canister goes unused until the car is turned off again", why does it tick? Iv notice mine ticking more frequently now and mpg dropping, looking into it but welcome to sugestions.
  12. ThackersLCR

Vac PSI

Iv no idea how much your supposed to be running. Maybe give Ptorque a ring n go from there. Where have you 'Teed' into for your gauge? Had a look at hoses n stuff?
  13. ThackersLCR

vaccum on boost gauge

I would say boost leak is most likely! Have a good look under the bonet mate, most things can be spotted, build up of dirt on pipes, splits, worn areas, loose clips. Could it be possible that my varying issue is coil pack related? Just had them out and inspected. The one i havent replaced...
  14. ThackersLCR

vaccum on boost gauge

Sorry to bring an old thread up (getting good at this). My in-hg, varies on idle. From cold it sits at -16, little tap of the peddle and drops to -20, then pull away and itl drop to -25 at the end of the road. Then back up to -20. It does this when hot or cold. Id of thought it would of stayed...
  15. ThackersLCR

Oil on outside of TIP

Thats it, not alot, just a coating. There seems to be a light coating on the gearbox casing aswell. Gave it a clean n il see what happens. Theres a sort of hole on the side of the block, about mid TIP, with two threaded holes running verticaly with it. Any idea what this could be? It was sort of...
  16. ThackersLCR

Oil on outside of TIP

Evenin guys. Iv noticed that my idle boost varies between 20ish and just over 25. Itl stay at 20, then a little tap on peddle drops to 25. It does this when hot or cold. It only manages to hold 11psi boost, when before has hit 13 when it pulled so much better. So me thinking iv got a leak, had...
  17. ThackersLCR

new problem with my coolant system

Well... Coolant temp sensor replaced and no more problems. Iv havnt had chance to compare the two yet as other issues with the flippin thing. Cheers guys!
  18. ThackersLCR

Forge MAP pipe LCR

I wondered when id finally see a post by you! 60mm may well be OEM piping but hes got a relocation kit, internal diamiter of which is 63mm. 63mm map pipe needed. do some more research if unsure!
  19. ThackersLCR

oh no! i cant be doing with that! iv got my local mechanic stumped aswel. part just arrived so will be fitting in a minute or two. im going to compare readings on both sensors by testing continuity when cold and hot, im still not convinced its the cts though.
  20. ThackersLCR

that was my only worry. i may attempt it, have nothing to loose. could you tell me which way the circuit goes? i always saw it as in the top of the rad and out the bottom. am i right in sayin this?
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise