Search results

1. Marshall

Spacer thoughts?

I've got a pair of 8mm H&R hubcentric spacers with longer bolts £40 delivered(sold)
  2. Marshall

2.0 TFSI Engine cover grommet and mount

The chances are the rear ones will have a 10mm nut underneath them. They all have them until someone fits an intake and don't bother replacing them. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. Marshall

looking at buying FR+ 170

If your having doubts before it then that's your answer. From reading your previous posts I don't think it's the car for you. I do doubt you'll find a car with the performance of the FR with better economy for the money. It's not just Seat who are optimistic with real life mpg figures.
  4. Marshall

Ours does quite a lot of town runs with the school run twice a day. But does a motorway commute of 40 miles a time on her work days. Usually 75-80mph averages 480 miles but gets fuel in before the light comes on. Computer shows 47mpg in the warmer months and 44mpg in the winter months. Perfect...
  5. Marshall

I had a 59 plate golf gtd cr170 and it was a terrible car and only had 30k on. My wife's 10 plate FR cr170 now with 58k on is twice the car the golf would ever of been. Goes to show that low mileage isn't always best and the each car judged on condition and how it drives.
  6. Marshall

Timing belt change on these are a bit of a grey area on which interval they are on. When I bought my wife's cr170 last year registered April 2010 I contacted Seat UK. I was told that depending on chassis number but her car was 5 years or 120k I'm changing it in the next month or so at 60k...
  7. Marshall

Back again with a sticking throttle and bad mpg lol .. The cupras definitely throwing

No just pcv revamp Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. Marshall

Back again with a sticking throttle and bad mpg lol .. The cupras definitely throwing

Starting to strip back. An RS3 is calling Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. Marshall

Pcv delete for sale £50?? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. Marshall

K1 or mk6 gti

K1 all day long. The engine in the Leon is tried and tested. Engine in mk6 Gti tried and failed timing chain tensioners, if you want a £3000 repair bill every 30k then go for it. Had a mk6 gtd same spec but diesel terrible quality plastics and creaks and squeaks. Not a patch on the wife's mk2...
  11. Marshall

Revs jump at 3k revs - now what!? Help please... - Solved

Revs jump at 3k revs - now what!? Help please... I ran Revo stage 2 + with standard intercooler during the summer no problem. As above the car needs logged and if there's nothing obvious then email them to Revo. On a stage 1 car I'd of thought the settings should be boost 6-7 timing 5 if...
  12. Marshall

NEED HELP, uprated clutch, have I been stitched up

For the money involved! If they won't play ball contact ebay and if no joy open a claim with PayPal. If it was me I'd be bouncing
  13. Marshall

I'd open a case with ebay and make the seller arrange a courier. Let's face it they've sold you a Sachs clutch kit that's not sachs and been reconditioned by somebody else.
  14. Marshall

TFSI FR Dead

I read something on the Go,f forum the other day about a camshaft breaking and it was the same engine. I'll see if I can find it and post the link Here it is. http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,91553.msg921788.html#msg921788
  15. Marshall

They have a terrible reputation and at the moment your in the best position to return it for a full refund as it's not as described. That's what I'd be doing.
  16. Marshall

Looking for someone with VAG access near me

Too far from me then mate Sorry
  17. Marshall

Sorry mate that was meant for Jordan
  18. Marshall

Where abouts are you mate?
  19. Marshall

2.0tdi 140bhp Engine overboosting

If its sticking g vanes on the turbo and you I tend keeping the car then a replacement turbo is the only long term fix. People try cleaning them with various things like oven cleaner etc but it may free the vanes but can and usually does cause other problems further down the line.
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.