Search results

1. Heated Leather?

The switches go where you have a cup holder. The switch gear from the Bora won't fit though, so you'll have to improvise. Someone on here did this and it looked quite smart, have a search.
  2. What tyres to purchase?

I highly recommend Continental ContiSportContact 3s
  3. AC Not Woking HELP!!

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I assume the AC can still work even if the fans aren't working?
  4. LCR .. twin fans

I've never heard my fans go on, ever. But like I said my AC has never worked.
  5. LCR .. twin fans

My AC doesn't work and the fans don't spin. I've always thought the compressor was knackered. Coincidence?
  6. How reliable is your cupra??

My sunroof is the worst offender by far. But having a tractor engine up front doesn't really help :p
  7. How reliable is your cupra??

Condition > mileage without exception.
  8. LCR .. twin fans

I swear my fans have never come on, ever. Altough my compressor is knackered.. pd150 fwiw
  9. OEM sound system

Is the standard system Bose? The previous owner advertised it as Bose, but I can't documentation in the car documents, handbooks, etc.. It's the Aura CD, and it's pretty good for a stock system.
  10. Central tyre wear

Get yourself a proper tyre pressure gauge. You shouldn't trust the ones at the pumps, they under-read in my experience, which is probably why your tyres are over inflated. You can get decent ones for around a tenner, it's silly not to have one. That, and the fact that the tyres should be...
  11. Central tyre wear

Sounds like over inflation. Why are you running 17" on the front and 18" on the back? Sounds a bit dodgy.. What is the tyre pressure?
  12. Bridgestone Potenza RE050A

They are good tyres without a doubt. If that price quoted is for 18", then go for it. FWIW, have a look at this review.. http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article/2010-European-Summer-Tyre-Test.htm
  13. petrol flap

You sure it's not just because you left the key in the ignition? ;)
  14. vibration - one direction only!

Severe wheel vibration means CV joint in my experience. Get it checked out ASAP.
  15. leon tdi undertray foobarred

Expect to pay the wrong side of £100 for the middle bit, it's an absolute scam seeing as they fall off within a few years. I replaced mine in August 2008 when I bought it, only for the bloody thing to fly off at 120 mph the other week. Thankfully there was nobody behind me but that could have...
  16. Horrific Oversteer!?

If you're going to use runflats then you need 4! Although why you'd have them on a Leon, let alone a 1.4, I'm not so sure.
  17. Engine swap from 90 to 150

Your insurance would be void due to undeclared modifications. There's a reason you can't get insurance on a 150. Anyway, there's a lot more work involved than just dropping in an engine.
  18. 4wd leon 2001

I originally bought my Cupra 4 because I spent a year in Norway, where the 4wd was a massive benefit during the winter. Now that I've moved back to Belgium all the 4wd does is sap fuel and make it marginally slower. Sure, it was great in the snow we had earlier this year but I really don't think...
  19. 4wd leon 2001

It really won't be worth the effort as said above the floor pan is different. My Cupra 4 has a shallower boot as a result, for example. 4s come are available with V6s too, so if you can live with LHD and don't mind being raped by a weak Sterling, it's the best option. Whether it's worth it is...
  20. MY03 Leon Cupra TDI vs MY04 Cupra FR TDI differences

Dude, seriously? A 2 year bump..
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise