Search results

1. cypher007

head gasket failure

our Toledo TDI is the offending article. its done 112k and weve already done the shocks all round and front bushes. so Its a bit of a kicker to have too sell it spares or repair. the reason I ask is my Leon, the same age and 108k when I bought it, had a head issue as it would use water on...
  2. cypher007

head gasket failure

Thanks guys. What sealant did you use? The Leon we’ve seen has only done 66k from new.
  3. cypher007

head gasket failure

Wondering if I should have put this in the engine section. We are thinking of buying and old shape 2005 Leon SX 110. But I had a 2003 Leon that I drove for 3 years short trips but on longer runs would use water. Head had gone I think but only partially.
  4. cypher007

head gasket failure

just wondering what engines suffer from head gasket failure more than others? are the old 110 TDI more stable then the newer 130 and 150 PD TDI for instance?
  5. cypher007

need help with full link enabled MY2018 Toledo

is there a better section to ask in?
  6. cypher007

1.0 tsi 3 cylinder lumpy and noisy when cold

just got a new Tolly with 1.0 engine. in the morning it now seems to idle at 1200rpm and is quite lumpy noisy. once warmed up its near silent and about 900rpm. is this because its colder now in the mornings so its on choke?
  7. cypher007

1.0 3 cylinder tsi lumpy when cold

good idea.
  8. cypher007

1.0 3 cylinder tsi lumpy when cold

noticed in the morning when its cold it starts up and idles at about 1200rpm in a somewhat lumpy and noisy way. once warm its quite. is this normal.
  9. cypher007

rear view mirror hasnt got an anti dazzle lever

yes found out it is an auto dimming. tried with a mobile flash led up close and it goes almost black.
  10. cypher007

need help with full link enabled MY2018 Toledo

yes I know this is the Leon section but I thought there might be more people on here who have modded the 6.5" discovery media system. basically I have an LG G5 which works with the full link stuff as much as it seems they intended it to. my big gripe is that I cant run other non android...
  11. cypher007

rear view mirror hasnt got an anti dazzle lever

my new MY18 hasn't got an anti dazzle lever. I didn't add any options and it doesn't have the 2 photo sensors at the bottom edge so how does it work?
  12. cypher007

1.0 tsi 6 speed gearbox very stiff

ok ta mate. looks like ill be chasing a dealer to fix it. also do you find you have to correct the steering when on a long straight. I don't know if its because there is some play in it or maybe I'm just over correcting, but the MK2 seemed to be less work. whats you mpg? we went 15 miles...
  13. cypher007

1.0 tsi 6 speed gearbox very stiff

I don't know if this is because I'm not used to a new car or the cables need adjusting or theres no oil in the box. but I'm finding it hard work driving my new car, especially 1-2. it feels almost snatchy on the last few inches as it goes into gear. we have the same problem on our old MK2 but...
  14. cypher007

great deal on Toledo 1.0 TSI xcellence £11995 OTR

I did notice they are right next to the port. maybe they get a bit more discount from SEAT?
  15. cypher007

Seat Ibiza FR deal

Great deal on new FR. http://www.westgatemotors.co.uk/new-seat-offer/seat-ibiza-fr-enzy/
  16. cypher007

great deal on Toledo 1.0 TSI xcellence £11995 OTR

http://www.westgatemotors.co.uk/new-seat-offer/xcellence-toledo-offers-this-summer/
  17. cypher007

full link is it an option after manufacture?

seat uk got back to me and said it can be fitted after but would cost more than if specd before manufacture.
  18. cypher007

mapcare? does this come as standard?

been doing some research. it seems there might be a way to bypass the security. further research needed. if I get full link I will probably use tomtom off the phone.
  19. cypher007

mapcare? does this come as standard?

wondering if this comes as standard on the xcellence if not why not?
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.