Search results

1. sparkyc

do i need a new clutch??

exactly what i was thinking Faisal, also got my slips from a couple of years back at the pod so gonna try and get down there to compare
  2. sparkyc

do i need a new clutch??

well service and maintained, i should be expecting 260-280 with my mods filters wouldn't lose 30-50 bhp. the guys at tcs seem to think it was slipping when on the rollers, just seems fine on the road thats all and its only done 33k so just wanted some more opinions/options as to what it could be
  3. sparkyc

do i need a new clutch??

cant find any, been plugged in to vag com regularly, feels great on the road so not really worried and dont want to spend a grand uprating the clutch if there is nothing wrong with mine, but wondering if i put a new clutch in will it feel better. also would like to go to stage two but no point...
  4. sparkyc

Why does the VXR sound so angry and mk LCR so quiet and boring?

that cobra exhaust sounds not alot different from my milltek with de cat, if anything not as loud. get a pop here and there with mine. my mates got a 340bhp focus st that sounds immense, so jealous of the noise it makes, but given up trying to replicate it
  5. sparkyc

do i need a new clutch??

different rollers but all dyno dynamics, and the last two both showing similar results. a mapped lcr with exhaust etc should be making plenty more than 231bhp!
  6. sparkyc

do i need a new clutch??

Couple years back my lcr made 250 on the rollers, recently been on two different rollers and only made 230bhp. only change between the two is a decat which should increase power, and certainly feels like it has! The chaps at tcs thought it maybe my clutch as on there comp the revs flew up...
  7. sparkyc

yellow fade and newly sprayed panels

i did think that would be the case, just after a solution to hide the obvious difference as much as poss with out the cost of more spraying!
  8. sparkyc

yellow fade and newly sprayed panels

had to get my bonnet and wing sprayed and now of course they stand out from the rest of the car, what is the best way/products to bring the rest of my ovni yellow leons paint a bit closer to the new paint work and all shiney again but by hand. been reccomend yellow t-cut but is that not a bit...
  9. sparkyc

ECU locked!!

they said they would have to put a new chip in and map onto that? cant flash it as doing a custom map not just a generic software???
  10. sparkyc

LCR Has Had A Bad Day ! ! !

i need a new clutch (only done 32k) and a steering angle sensor which is £222 plus fitting! just changed all the bushes for power flex and two new tyres!! expensive couple of months!
  11. sparkyc

ECU locked!!

Went to tcs to get the car mapped today and along with a couple of other probs they found that the ecu is locked and there fore cannot be mapped!!! custom code put a stage one map on for me and have locked it which i think is well out of order. its my car surley i can take it to who i want and...
  12. sparkyc

Mpg!

£60 of v power gets me 250-280 miles of "social" driving
  13. sparkyc

Popping?

i have a decat and stage one etc etc only ever managed to do it once, stage two in a few weeks though so maybe then??
  14. sparkyc

Wot box settings Lcr

had never heard of this till now, tempting but after this thread think i'll do with out! any one got any quarter mile times before and after?
  15. sparkyc

dyno results (with graphs) poor results!!

yeah its gonna go on the rollers first and get checked for boost leaks etc etc before any mapping starts, if all is well or if its something not to hard/expensive to fix, then they'll do a live custom map. and yeah "rk696" she only drinks v power. any one got any ideas of power i can/should...
  16. sparkyc

got the car booked in in a month for a live custom map on the rollers to see if any probs and to get it running to its full potential. the chap i spoke to today, who has come highly reccomended and has proven results wasnt to impressed with what i told him. said it sounds like car wasnt...
  17. sparkyc

also a few guys there said, and i thought the same, seemed like he was letting off early. and on the graph it shows the power does drop right off when the line is still on the up and it doesnt feel like that on the road. pulls all the way through all gears??
  18. sparkyc

na no boost figures, gauge in the car shows holding at about 17-18psi
  19. sparkyc

yeah that would be a 10bhp per year loss on a very well maintained car, maybe 2-3 per year not 10
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members