Search results

1. CupraR-Rog

Sport owners - Tyres

In some ways, you're correct - a 195/45R16 will have a near identical rolling diameter to a 195/50R15 for instance, which is similar to a 205/45R15... Think all the info you'll ever need is here - http://www.carbibles.com/tyre_bible.html
  2. CupraR-Rog

Sport owners - Tyres

Phil, you are correct that the aspect ratio is as a %age of the tyre width :) And to the original question - I say go for it!! Every VAG car I've driven has had very poor speedo accuracy - overreading by much more than other cars I have driven, and so your speedo will probably be more...
  3. CupraR-Rog

XL (Extra Load Tyres) = Essential?

The critical thing here, as has been said, is the load rating of the tyre. Leon's in general require a 91 load index This means, for 225/40ZR18 tyres, you require the XL tyres. For 225/45ZR17 the standard load tyre is a 91 load index, and so perfectly adequate. The XL in this size has a...
  4. CupraR-Rog

LCR Tyre Reccomendations (Not GSD3's)

As already mentioned - try PZero Nero - ran these briefly before I sold my R and was very impressed... can't comment on life tho. Vredestein - wasn't impressed with these... imo not suited to the car. Eagle F1's were ace - wish I could have kept hold of teh car longer to see how the...
  5. CupraR-Rog

LCR Tyre question

LCR rim is only 7.5" wide - the minimum width for a 225/40 tyre (hence why there are some centre-wearing issues as it bulges the tyre) - the wheels are certainly too narrow for a 235 tyre...
  6. CupraR-Rog

Do I detect the old BS

The fans should still work even with that battery top fuse blown... The fans work on a 2-stage setting. Usually the 1st stage fails (resistor pack burning out or motors burning out), which then causes the 2nd stage to pulse on and off - the fuse blowing being a sign the fan motors are on...
  7. CupraR-Rog

Whats happened to my car!?!?!?

Power cap won't help if the alternator or existing battery are the problem - all they do is slightly, and I mean slightly even out the load on the alternator, but keep it loaded... If current supply is the problem, then a 2nd battery is needed, and an upgraded alternator (if one is available...
  8. CupraR-Rog

Tyre question

The recommendation of vehicle manufacturers, tyre manufacturers and just about every independant motoring organisation is that... New tyres should go on the REAR of the car. Afterall, it's the rears that take the car around thecorner (the fronts just tell the car where you want it to go)...
  9. CupraR-Rog

Just had Goodyear Eagle F1 Fitted

Put the goodyears onto the back, and the pirelli's onto the front (as recommended by vehicle manufacturers, tyre manufacturers, Bob down the pub... new tyres to the rear for safety ;)) before you spin the car!! Also, means you'll get the Goodyears all around sooner!!
  10. CupraR-Rog

Misifying rear window!!!

Plenty of time for mods then!! ;) So, what ya done so far??? ;)
  11. CupraR-Rog

Misifying rear window!!!

Misting is on the outside (a quick wipe with the rear wiper will confirm this!). Also, this is normal. A search will reveal this has been commented on many times before - Paul's explanation above is the best worded response that I can remember tho!! (But then, I can't remember where I put...
  12. CupraR-Rog

Why do chavs think they own the road

The number of near misses I've had because of chavs is unbelievable... if they're not constantly trying to race and fight, then they think they're the only vehicle on the road!! Oddly, I don't get as much trouble in my current car with them trying to race me...
  13. CupraR-Rog

Just had Goodyear Eagle F1 Fitted

Not sure on the difference now?? Wait until it rains!! Then you'll really notice the difference!!!
  14. CupraR-Rog

Were do a get a dynatwist from?

Always recommend Bill :)
  15. CupraR-Rog

Possibly a dumb question

There are a couple of Cupra's on the forum that have had the R kit fitted - do a search and you should find all the info you need (hint - some of the required threads are a few years old now, which is why O can't remember the precise ones!!)
  16. CupraR-Rog

Project 300

Car looks good!! You've pretty much done what I was hoping to do with mine all told... but I ran out of cash and had other commitments come up :(
  17. CupraR-Rog

Overheating!!!!

The cam belt has to come off to change the pump, and we all know the potential for damage when belts are removed / replaced... At the very least, I would be considering replacing the cam belt tensioner, but then that's the most expensive of the parts, so you could change the belt again to be...
  18. CupraR-Rog

Standard power from a 210?

Mine made 230bhp & Jabba before I had it mapped... did have turbo back exhaust on it tho... I always thought the difference in the power figures was down to the way in which VAG measured the power figures of the engines, with the VAG measurements being taken after a duration of full-load...
  19. CupraR-Rog

Leave that front grill alone on your 225 if yours has changed read this

Piece of cake - went straight on and used less than half the supplied glue... Looks like I was lucky then!
  20. CupraR-Rog

High Mileage LCR should I or not

In a word... yes. Any damage caused to an engine internally is permenant. Plug wise, I can't think of any damage that may occur, but with an incorrect gap there may be some. More worrying would be the missed oil change, meaning the engine would be running on dirty oil past its best - this...
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members