Search results

1. MarkE

OK, so I had a week down in North Wales, total mileage is now just over 2000. Pretty much settled now on an Individual drive profile, everything set to Comfort other than steering and DCC in Cupra. Comfort is almost always fine but it felt WAY too bouncy on uneven tarmac in Wales...
  2. MarkE

Interesting stuff, time for me to do some research... :)
  3. MarkE

OK, thoughts after 1100 miles... Good Stuff I guess it's the colour - random people in carparks and petrol stations have actually complimented the car, so it must look good even to people who haven't just paid a lot of money for it. Fuel economy seems on a par with the 280 hatch - on a trip...
  4. MarkE

Must weed the drive.
  5. MarkE

MK3 SEAT Leon CUPRA's owner's register

Saw it on Monday, did the deal on Tuesday, picked it up today :)
  6. MarkE

More pics :
  7. MarkE

Give an infinite number of monkeys a typewriter each and they'll eventually type the complete works of Shakespeare, or at least the first two Harry Potter books. In much less time, and with a lot less monkey crap to shovel, I've owned : - Mk1 Leon Cupra R - Mk2 Leon Cupra - Mk2 Leon...
  8. MarkE

Cupra Thoughts - 100 miles in

It's ok to necro my own thread, right? North of 15,000 miles on the clock now so it's time to recap : - The mapping is still borked between 2000 and 3000rpm, I don't care that the dealer couldn't find any problems. Unless you like looking like it's your first lesson in traffic, in which...
  9. MarkE

OK, 5000 miles in, let's do this : - It's still comfy. - It still has better fuel economy than the Mk2. - I like the lights. Probably not more than I liked the Mk2 LCR xenons but they're closer to that than the hopeless headlights on my Mk2 Cupra. I kind of miss the adaptive headlights and...
  10. MarkE

Ahh, so I should have RTFM :D What seems to happen is, selecting reverse changes nothing until the mirror adjuster is moved to "L", whereupon the left mirror moves to some predetermined position, which is ideal for reversing near kerbs. Selecting a forward gear then doesn't move the mirror...
  11. MarkE

Not at all, by any measure it's the best car I've owned by some margin, but I get fussier as I get older. And I'm 40 this year. :)
  12. MarkE

OK, 1000 miles in, time for an update : 1) I was supporting Gee Atherton and Manon Carpenter so Fort William wasn't great from that point of view, but the weather was mostly excellent, I'm partial to Tennents and I don't have a nasty reaction to midge bites, so... :) 2) A long run (570...
  13. MarkE

Sat nav help please

Had a quick look... I have no idea. :shrug: I can store a previous destination but I can't see how to add it as a favourite. These things should be intuitive to use and it's just not. It's better than the system I had in my Mk2 (because at least it has full postcode search and the spoken...
  14. MarkE

Agreed. Having the different drive modes means they could make the Cupra mode as aggressive as they wanted without compromising the car the rest of the time.
  15. MarkE

I ride, but not DH, too old for that kind of thing. :) 6th time up at FW, though. Always a good weekend.
  16. MarkE

Album art on SD card problems

I tried connecting a USB HDD, it powered up but I got an error message saying it wasn't a valid source.
  17. MarkE

Yep :D
  18. MarkE

Owned a red Mk1 Cupra R 210, a white Mk2 Cupra and a yellow Mk2 Cupra R. It's time for something more subtle... ;)
  19. MarkE

It was gleaming when I picked it up on Tuesday, needs some attention now, though.
  20. MarkE

Some pics : More thoughts : - Feels longer geared in Sport or Cupra. I know it isn't but there's something going on with the mapping, it seems to pull harder from low revs in Comfort. My Individual settings are now as per the Cupra mode but with the engine set to...