Search results

1. mike000

1.8 tsi coolant temp sensor

had engine management light come on about a day after my apr stage 1. just had the old man round with the code reader and got these: p2681 p2556 engine coolant switch p0116 engine coolant temp p2181 cooling system performance the codes would not clear at all. i spoke to awesome and they rekon...
  2. mike000

Reiger rear diffuser

So i brought a 1.8tsi after getting rid of my mk2 cupra. Im looking to get the diffuser to cover over abit of bumper thats been cut to accommodate a tow bar. My question is. Do i go for satin black or gloss black. I wanted to match the plastic on the rear bumper behind the number plate. Does...
  3. mike000

leon cupra oil light flashing and sound!

Driving my leon this morning and sudden had the oil light come on with 3-4 loud beeps. oil light is now flashing. I topped the oil up yesterday so was a bit baffled. i immediatly stopped and checked the oil anyway and its still full. any ideas what it means, i cant seem to find what it means...
  4. mike000

High pitched squeal under bonnet?

Ive had this squeal for a few weeks now. Ive had some loss of fluids and found my wArter pump seal had gone. Ive had the cambelt and water pump done and changed the aux belt aswell. But the squeal is still there? Its not constant and only starts after 10 minutes of driving and when im coming to...
  5. mike000

Pre facelift "tick" style rear lights

Ive had a search and found that the lights are only availible on the facelift version. Ive noticed all the posts are 4 years old. Does anyone know where i could get some for a pre facelift cupra or if they even make them yet.
  6. mike000

Reving up on idle.

Hi, i brought an 07 leon cupra last week. Love the car as a whole, had a mk3 ibiza cupra some years back. Started the car this morning and its reving up to arond 2000rpm then drops down again. Did a little research and found it could be a faulty pcv valve. I have run the car and unscrewed the...
  7. mike000

mk 3 cupra in bbc t.v ad?

just saw an advert for worlds craziest fools on bbc. the one tht mr T is hosting. there is a clip where some prat crashes into what looks like a artic silver ibiza. has anyone else seen it? i got abit hype when i saw it :)
  8. mike000

wheel hub damage?

I need a replacement wheel hub ( drivers side ) complete with abs/ tcs sensor disc as mines bent. ive had to disconnect the sensor because the disc is activating my abs when the wheel turns :( is this the type of thing i can get from the seat dealer or will i need to find a breaking ibiza to get...
  9. mike000

squeeky wheel? adapters

had a puncture the other day on my front wheel its a d90 with 20mm spacer. i had to put the space saver on for a few days while the tire was ordered in. everythink was fine up until i drove out of the tire place. i had this horrible squeek as i drove off. i took it back and got the wheel off...
  10. mike000

no power to screen in dash?????

Hiya. My battry often goes dead due to lack of use so I decided to jump the battry back to life. Like a total idiot I connected them terminals L-N by mistake. Blew the leads to bit!!!! After panicing for a while I got the car started. Everything was fine to my amazement everything was fine...
  11. mike000

weitec hicon gt 6k or 6k2 for mk3 cupra??

Just brought some weitec's to slap on for edition38. I have noticed there for a seat cordoba\ibiza 6k for the delivery note. Mk3's are 6k2 right? Are they the right ones or am I just bein a nob? :)
  12. mike000

why me??? clutch pedal.

i was dropping my friend home on friday nite and just as i am pullin in his road my clutch pedal just hit the floor. plastic went flyin and i i had to push my car (in the rain) at 1 in the mornin to my mates house. i wasnt very happy as you can imagine. Anyway the next day i go under my dash to...
  13. mike000

Am i due a cambelt change?

While scanning the site ive noticed a few people changing there cambelt at about 50k. mines coming up to 60k now and wondered wether its worth doin sooner than later?
  14. mike000

The different front bumpers?

What diffferent bumpers (factory ones) can u get on the leon and what different models do the come on? ive seen the LCR one but do you get different ones on the Cupra?
  15. mike000

22 average mpg?

my 2000 mk3 cupra is doing 22 mpg on average according to the computer anyone else getting any better figures? its got stage one remap and an induction kit. i have also seen 5 mpg when flooring it. wtf?
  16. mike000

DZ Exclusives mk3 ibiza?

Im thinking of getting some some dz exclusives, but wot size 7.5 x 16 or do i get the 9.0 x 16? will they go straight on with 40mm drop??? feel free to post some pics.
  17. mike000

BRAND NEW k03s?

Does anyone know where i could buy a brand new k03s for my cupra?? im not feeling the used ones.
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members