Search results

1. LCR - Won't start, not even turning over.

I did get it sorted. Apologies for not posting sooner, bad form I know. It turns out you have to hold the bonnet catch down, as if the bonnet was closed, and then it'll turn over off the jump leads. We got it started, drove it around and it's held charge fine. I even left it for a few days and...
  2. LCR - Won't start, not even turning over.

I guess it's possible, but the displays going weird and the clock resetting when you try to crank it? I thought the immobiliser worked on a chip within the key? I did wonder about the immobiliser though as it seemed weird that hooking it up using the jump leads did nothing.
  3. LCR - Won't start, not even turning over.

Hi, I've not driven my Cupra R for a while as I now have a company car. I went to take it out today to show it some love and I couldn't get it started. I think it's simply a dead battery as when I went to unlock using the fob nothing happened, so I had to use the key in the door. When I put...
  4. Removing Seats

Did you disconnect the battery for 30 minutes as above? I want to remove my front seats to fully clean under them, I think there's half a dog under there!
  5. New Gear Knob - LCR

Replacement Gearknob Recommendations (LCR) I need to replace the gearknob on my Cupra R after my dog very kindly decided to chew the crap out of it! [:@] I've been having a look on ebay and can only see one original Cupra R replacement which has already got a fair few bids on it, so I expect...
  6. 22.1 Diagnostic code

It's only taken me a year, but I got mine re-gassed today at Kwik-Fit for £49. It was completely empty apparently. I now have fully working climate control and the diagnostics thingy is showing no fault codes. Result!
  7. Jacking point cover

I was driving to work yesterday morning and I hear a weird banging noise coming from my drivers door. I was on the A27 at the time doing about 80 mph and it fully freaked me out! I had to drive about 1 mile before there was a safe place to pull off and check it out. I open my door to find the...
  8. how many miles has everybody done??

My 04 LCR has just touched 39,000. I bought it almost 1 year ago and it had 33,000 at the time. The only issues I've had are the good old door seals and now my A/C is dead, although I think it just needs a re-gas.
  9. anyone got my old LCR GD04 XMR

Mine is GD04XVK. [B)]
  10. Bye Bye LCR. :(

Cheers Ricardo, that makes alot more sense now. I don't actually know whether I'll be getting a car allowance or not. You'd think it was only fair as I'm using my own car and not taking one of theirs...I'll have to wait and see I guess.
  11. Bye Bye LCR. :(

From the Car Policy document that I've received from the company it appears that I will be claiming the fuel as expense and then I'll get reimbursed through my monthly pay cheque. Is that the same thing??
  12. Bye Bye LCR. :(

I've had the car almost a year now and my insurance is up for renewal. I've just got quotes including for business use and it's £100 less than last year, get in! I'm so unbelievably chuffed that I'm going to be keep the Cupra. A Polo would be truely bumcakes!
  13. Bye Bye LCR. :(

Thanks everyone for replying. It's made it even clearer in my head that I really don't want to sell the Leon. I had a big chat with the misses in the pub this evening and she was saying that she's massively unwilling to sell the Leon too. We came to the conclusion that we'd be keeping it...
  14. Bye Bye LCR. :(

If it was just about the money then I think I would go for the less financially sensible option and keep the Leon. I didn't realise about the whole company car tax deal and it works out at about £33 per month for the Polo compared to the current £85 I pay for the Leon. We're thinking of using...
  15. Bye Bye LCR. :(

Haha, now that would be truly rubbish! :( It's definitely going to be a 1.4 TDI Polo, I don't have any choice in the matter unfortunately. To be honest it's not that bad, at least it's a VAG car but it's certainly no Cupra R! I do have the option of using my own car and claiming mileage...
  16. Bye Bye LCR. :(

Looks like I shall be getting a 1.4 TDI Polo. :-o
  17. CD Changer Fix

Result! I still haven't done mine as I've been using a cassette adapter with my iPod. Out of interest, what cleaning solution did you use on the cotton bud?
  18. Bye Bye LCR. :(

For the love of god no, please not a Modeo!!
  19. Bye Bye LCR. :(

It looks like I'm going to be forced to sell my LCR. :( I've just taken a job with a company car and it doesn't really make sense to keep the Cupra R. I'm going to be proper gutted when I part company with it. :cry: I shall have to make the most of it over the coming months before I'm...
  20. Folding Mirror question

I think I'd owned my LCR for about 6 months until I realised how to fold mine back. :doh:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise