Search results

1. Ash-Kennard

Rainbird's LCR

Good work! That turbo looks substantial. How many horses are you looking for?
  2. Ash-Kennard

LCR Build Thread (Kennard)

Mapping done Since my last update, I have been running on a relatively low power, but well fuelled map. Had a couple of fault codes return, but nothing serious. I also decided to change my rear light (finally) the car came to me with some weird after market ones and they were filled with...
  3. Ash-Kennard

Rainbird's LCR

Those water cut parts are looking really good! Aluminium? Maybe you should send me a mail with some criteria next time and I'll knock out the CAD for you if you are intending some more complicated designs in future? The Mk4 is interesting, shame about the rack not being complete. Also, I put...
  4. Ash-Kennard

No, just excited to have it back! Yeah I know the codes. The Cam related one has not returned so far. This is the most worrying as it is mechanical. The tensioner is in the region of 4-500 quid, so fingers crossed I dont see that again! The Cat efficiency doesn't matter and should not...
  5. Ash-Kennard

On the Road So, the trip to Cardiff went well! Went up all the on back roads, unfortunately the M3 was shut, so many others had the same plan..., short shifting into each gear, loading up the engine and pulling through to 4K. Who knew that 4K in 4th is 100mph? All good, no problems to...
  6. Ash-Kennard

She is mine again Day 20 Came in yesterday morning to find this in the garage. Front engined, rear gear boxed porsche. A first for me to see! My turn on the ramp. Tim took the Leon home the night before just as a final check before hand over to me. He had...
  7. Ash-Kennard

AC Fix Day 19 So yeah, with all the bend Rad sections. This happened (i have cleaned it up at this point) Tim tried to weld it up by building material up with the TIG. Unfortunately, the hose had other ideas and the connection dropped off from the heat killing the adhesive. We really didn't...
  8. Ash-Kennard

Root cause defined Day 18 So I went to Munich this week and got a call from Tim. He had cracked on with the exhaust and finish the build. He was then just about to go for the first test drive, but found that only the high speed fans work. I explained to him that they had only come on in high...
  9. Ash-Kennard

Tunnel Alignment Day 17 Went to fit the headlights. Oh dear, a big dirty scratch! We will deal with this later. Liking this engine bay so far It turns out my final cut and position of the down pipe was again a failure. Fortunately for me, Tim found some time during the week...
  10. Ash-Kennard

Fuelpump Fun, Downpipe Pain Day 16 After last weeks successes, I suppose it is only fair that this week is a a bit of a shitter. Firstly, the good part of the day. I had initially bought an uprated inline (series) fuel pump for the required increase in fuel delivery. But Tim...
  11. Ash-Kennard

It Lives, It livesss Day 15 As the engine was fitted in the car and I was at work all week. Tim decided to crack on and connect all the hoses up with the correct routing for me. Awesome. He then found it hilarious to trick me. "Give me a hand pushing your car in" I'm there ready to push...
  12. Ash-Kennard

I'm glad you like it. This is more like a logbook for me so I don't forget everything. Fortunately, I can be something for others to enjoy too. Very. I only have a parking space in a shared car park at home. Of which I am not allowed to work on vehicles. I need to move! Be sweet to get a...
  13. Ash-Kennard

Haha. I bought my exhaust before the valve dropped lol. What did you go for? I cannot wait to fire her up. Cheers dude.
  14. Ash-Kennard

Cheers luke, sized up the exhaust today, it's gunna be sweet! I'm thinking about 2 weeks until the key is turned. It's Tims birthday next Friday so I'm not sure what's going on with that yet. Plan is: Weld up the exhaust and fabricate a tail pipe (one I have is designed for the golf...
  15. Ash-Kennard

Engine in Day! Day 14 First up, Dog bone mount bushes: Fully disassembled the old one and played about with the bits until they matched up. Fitted with fairy and a vice. Back in the vice for the other end. Torqued up (60Nm) and out with the engine. Also, note...
  16. Ash-Kennard

Day 13 So the point of today is to fit as many of the Auxiliary components as possible. First challenge: Fitting the oil pick up pipe. Access to this banjo bolt was a bitch. Lots of cutting and bending later and regular fitment and removal of the oil pickup pipe for sizing of the bracket...
  17. Ash-Kennard

Day 12 Some better pictures of the engine before all the Auxiliaries go on. Removing the stock fuel pump ready for R8 fuel pump fitment! Some corrosion on the connector, so will replace that. hoses came off quite easily, squeeze at the bottom and pull, but that...
  18. Ash-Kennard

Hello Luke, taking it's time, but its getting there! Day 11 As promised: Whilst waiting for a delivery some time was taken to clean the Leon. After 9 months of non movement and sap evacuating trees nearby, the paintwork looked like ****. This was also a good chance to give the engine bay a...
  19. Ash-Kennard

Rainbird's LCR

Looking good to me Luke, some dimensions would be nice if you want to make it though, Nice parking. Looks like that well oiled machine should be there :p
  20. Ash-Kennard

Mk4 R32 wide body kit fitted

This car is made of win.
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.