Search results

1. Girl friend in my bad books

Was that a smart repair or full respray of the bumper?
  2. Bocanegra brake upgrade

I have Porsche Boxster 2.5/2.7 front calipers on mine with custom brackets from Dave Brown (vagbremtechnic.com). The 6R hubs are different to the Mk4 Golf, so avoid cheap adapters. Cheap Porsche adapters have a flat mounting surface, and require a 4mm boss machining into the adapters otherwise...
  3. Carbon build up problem still there? ALL TSI people here please ;)

I do love my Polo GTI. I must admit, i was tempted to see what kind of deals were out there for the Corsa VXRN, but i love my Dubs too much. I havent covered enough miles in my Polo GTI to know if there are any consumption issues. To be honest, its the only reason that i havent already mapped...
  4. Upgrade Pads & Discs or 312mm Brake Upgrade?

I'm just going through the final process of getting the parts together to fit this setup on 312mm discs to my Polo GTI! ;)
  5. DSG Problem..calling for help

Had this happen on my Polo GTI as well. No fault codes logged with VCDS. Dealer have come back so far saying "didnt happen when anyone else drove it" (i purchased an ex demo). Its not me, it is dangerous. Plenty of people have had gearboxes or mechatronics units replaced because of this problem.
  6. Racing brakes upgrade

5% discount on the car and 10% on options through work. Anyone can get this discount by shopping around a bit though. Its just the main dealers that refuse to give discounts directly, it was the same with the Boc i ordered. That would have been £18k direct from the dealership, so the extra £600...
  7. Racing brakes upgrade

Im paying £18,600 for my car with: Xenons Cornering Fogs Convenience Pack Sensor Pack Multifunction Climate Control So its not too bad for me, but that would be £20k retail. SEAT always offer more as standard to try and encourage sales. Always been the case so far. Always will be. SEAT are on...
  8. Undefineds IBIZA thread.** roof vinyl update**

Looking good Jack!!
  9. Racing brakes upgrade

You're probably right. Cant decide on wheels. I wanted to go for TD Pro Race 1.2s, but as pointed out on CGTI they are on about every chav car imaginable at the moment. Which is a shame, as they would make it look aggressive no end.
  10. Racing brakes upgrade

Dubber at heart, and there always would have been something in the back of my head saying "But its not a GTI." I had a Boc on order, but cancelled it.
  11. Racing brakes upgrade

LCR Mk1 Brembos? Suppose that would be the best option really, however, AP calipers are better so i believe. I would get the caliper shot blasted and recoated to remove the SEAT Sport logo. Basic price is £18,275, but thats VW OTR price, and i am paying less. Thankfully.
  12. Racing brakes upgrade

Techie, do the calipers come with pads? Can they be specced without? I want to fit them to my Polo GTI when its delivered. Could you PM me the part numbers required for the calipers/carriers/hoses and discs? Also, does anyone know which model of AP brakes they are? CP6600?
  13. Undefineds IBIZA thread.** roof vinyl update**

Congrats on the mods Jack, so glad you are happy with the car. Fantastic motor. Should be an absolute monster once you have finished with it.
  14. Paintwork is a mess

Where abouts do you live Russell? Expect more of this kind of thing with the Icelandic ash cloud. The ash will be slightly sulphuric, so if you have any of it on your car, wash it off with a jet wash. My car has been covered in the stuff.
  15. New colour for bocanegra?

Thats exactly what i was saying. :happy: Just spoke to my SEAT dealer and he is looking into it for me.
  16. New colour for bocanegra?

But a Candy White Boc with white stitching would look awesome.:drool:
  17. New colour for bocanegra?

This one: http://www.seat.co.uk/generator/su/com/newIbiza08SC/site/prices/handler,lang=en,templateId=carspec-newcileft,modelyear=2009,carname=ibiza08sc,trim=Bocanegra,pagetype=co.html SEAT Configurator/Generator is not the same as "Spec my SEAT"
  18. New colour for bocanegra?

This colour is still appearing on the Configurator, as is the white stitching. Anyone got any idea if these are actually going to be available?
  19. Revo Remaps

I didnt actually realise the 7 speed DSG was a dry one. I much prefer a wet one tbqfh! ;) In all seriousness, im sure it has still been tested to destruction by the VW labs.
  20. Revo Remaps

Agree, but the technology is tried and tested as you well know. The scale of DSG boxes sold compared to failures is minimal. And, we can extend our warranties for 2 years after if we need to. :D
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members