Search results

1. n_olympios

What did you and your MK2 do today?

Today my Leon got up on a platform and went off to find a new owner in Germany. :cry: Bye bye sweetie.
  2. n_olympios

Rev Limiter?

No it doesn't, 1.4 only has 85ps. Don't confuse it with the previous Ibiza's engine, this one is different. :) TarekElsakka, no need to feel bad. A friend has the same car as yours and although it's not race car fast, it does feel faster than it really is, mainly due to its well selected gear...
  3. n_olympios

Rev Limiter?

Better than the 1.4MPI. :p
  4. n_olympios

Rev Limiter?

Lift the handbrake.
  5. n_olympios

Boot install ideas

I remember Jaguar having had to redesign the XJ boot because of massive complaints from their customers about the clubs not fitting. :D Thanks! The Macs are great. Plenty of power, quality sound and built to last (mine are 20 years old and going strong), although I did have a couple of...
  6. n_olympios

Boot install ideas

Let me put the picture once more in case someone missed it. :) This is AFTER the install was done, it's hidden under the carpet. I can carry and have in fact lots of times carried anything you can imagine, from bicycles to tool cases and from tv's to Corian counters. And the bonus is, now...
  7. n_olympios

Boot install ideas

On the contrary, from the net pocket you should've realised that the floor is indeed raised, about 10cm as well. It couldn't be otherwise, as there's plenty of stuff hidden underneath it. But apart from that, it's a 100% practical boot and I can throw whatever I want in it without fear of...
  8. n_olympios

leon Black grill

You're right. I forgot to add it was standard from MY08 and afterwards. :)
  9. n_olympios

Few pictures of my FR...

Heh, mine is the alter ego of yours. Ying and Yang and all that. :D
  10. n_olympios

Boot install ideas

[B)]
  11. n_olympios

leon Black grill

A long time since this was asked, sorry but I don't frequent the forum as much these days. It's an original SEAT part, the one from the Cupra II prefl. Edit: tonto, thanks. :)
  12. n_olympios

DSG driving manual and auto

It's perfectly normal, meaning it's not a bug but a feature. In sport and manual modes the gear changes are more aggressive, when in auto they are more "laid back". That's why in manual it shifts into 1st sooner. :)
  13. n_olympios

new to auto/dsg

I'm afraid most of you are wrong. The DSG gearbox isn't really an automatic gearbox, aka with a torque converter. It's actually a proper mechanical gearbox with 2 clutches. When stopped at a light, if you hold D in and keep the brake applied, the 1st clutch is being strained, same as it would in...
  14. n_olympios

Alpine head unit fitted and working

The correct site would be www.retrofit.co.uk. :)
  15. n_olympios

Pillar-Pod - NOTTINGHAM AREA MEMBERS REQUIRED FOR NOMAD RACING MOULD

Very nice! Will it come out in a LHD form?
  16. n_olympios

Michelin Supersports

That's strange, I - and a couple hundred million other users - have usually found Michelins to be on the soft side... I'm really interested in seeing an impartial comparison of the two (ContiSport 5 vs PSS). Also, have those of you who complain about understeer played around with tyre...
  17. n_olympios

Modification for Seat Emergency Response driving....HELP!

Sorry for the delay, you've probably found your way through it already but I'll post a couple of photos of my very dirty car for future reference. In my (LHD) Leon, the only convenient grommet we could find in order to pass my 1/0 gauge wire was behind a very small void amongst the battery...
  18. n_olympios

GUIDE: Retro fitting OEM Satnav MFD2/MFD3

The safe wire, if it works the same as in aftermarket units which it probably does, is there to prevent the HU from going into the settings mode or playing DVD whilst you're driving (which can be dangerous and is also illegal in most countries). There is an easy way to bypass that but I...
  19. n_olympios

Modification for Seat Emergency Response driving....HELP!

I'll have a look tomorrow and see where we passed my 1/0 AWG power wire through. Having just seen this thread though, it amazes me that noone suggested putting a fusebox with proper fuse ratings between the battery and your new feeds. A small heat-up or spark could make the whole car go on...
  20. n_olympios

2011 Leon Mk3

Looks like it came out of an early '80s science fiction film, or comic book. :lol:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise