Search results

1. Ibiza 2l 16v ABS bleeding

Hi :~) Thanks for your replies. Iv'e bleed the system about 7 times no air is left in the system apart from ABS. Air must be trapped in the secondary side of the ABS system. I need to fire all the solenoids/valves on the closed part of the circuit to get the air out. :~) Thanks Marc
  2. Ibiza 2l 16v ABS bleeding

Hi all, HAPPY NEW YEAR:D:D I need to bleed my abs unit as it has air in as iv'e just changed the Master Cylinder:D I understand i need VAGCOM to circulate the ABS pump. Does anyone know if the VAGCOM Lite will do this or do i need to buy the full VAGCOM. :cry: Cheers Marc :)
  3. Random Cutting Out?!?

Sounds like it could be your crankshaft sensor or your module, or your coil breaking down. i Hope this helps I had the same thing happen to me on a old nova sr many moons ago, and it turned out to be the ignition module getting too hot, and breaking down, i put heatsink paste on the base and it...
  4. SEATCupra.net 10 years old

Thanks for running such a great site :)) and happy birhday :)
  5. Wrong seat

Hi David, It was great to meet you tonight and have a chat about our Seats, I am very happy about the seat, it's in fantastic condition, there can't be many if any of the Mk 2 seats in this condition. All the best Marc.
  6. Wrong seat

yes :)
  7. Wrong seat

Bugger, i can't beleve it that i have just bought a new tiger stripe Passenger seat when i need a drivers side seat, ffs ahh :((- . For some reason i looked at the picture and automatically thought drivers seat. My right hand side part off the seat has collapsed (the bit where your right leg...
  8. Gti 16v Rear Brakes

Hi :D I just used circlip pliers to wind it back, i can't remember if if you wind it clockwise or anti clockwise though:shrug:
  9. Shall i keep her

Yes ibiza does sound great :D
  10. Shall i keep her

Yes the pumas a great drivers car but still the ibiza seems part of me :) i have had it for about 11 years (95000 trouble free, rust free miles) Whats funny to me is that the puma has always been known as drivers car but the MK 2 ibiza cupra hasn't but i do not think there is a massive...
  11. Shall i keep her

Well i just got my self a Puma Thunder with 30000 miles on the clock and must say its a great car Good points are: 1. Looks good and all the ladys love it 2. Handling is amazing a real drivers car 3. Great feed back through the steering 4. 1.7 does not seem much slower than my ibiza 2L 16v...
  12. help - car cut out, wort start

oh :whistle: iv'e just re read your post no spark: i agree with everyone elso its either crankshft sensor , coil -amplifier,or bad earth. If you have got a multimeter check the continuity between the coil body and the battery earth also remove your distributer cap and turn engine over does the...
  13. help - car cut out, wort start

Hi crossedmike :) im suprized no body has mentioned fuel:wtf: as your car was running fine until you filled up. I think you have either got the wrong or contaminated fuel in there. Don't always trust where you fill up from tanker drivers do make mistakes and put diesal in the petrol side. Good...
  14. Damaged Steering in Snow.....Help please!

Hi mate you will need a new steering rack - track rod end, i would change the wishbone even if it does not look damaged as it probably is, it might even have a hair line crack. Its not worth the risk mate:). Its a not a hard job to replace everything, if you are unsure take it to a garage...
  15. central locking issues and boot lock

central locking Hi mate, i had the same problem. Its probably a leak in one of the rubber boots on the central locking actuators. I only found this out when trying to fill up at the petrol station when i was almost out of fuel:censored: You will have to remove the right hand side carpet and...
  16. Never Laughed so much:)

sure i remember your mk2 golf parked next to me near the child spaces:D also seen your cooper cupra too:) I see that you have gone back to a real drivers car 205Gti, i used to own a 1600 blue one with blue fondamental wheels on. Brill cars handle well bit tail happy on the limit though...
  17. Never Laughed so much:)

yeep that me mate:)
  18. Never Laughed so much:)

Hi mate:) what colour was yours, I've got the Sbreg kiwi green one thats always around huntingdon:):D
  19. 2.0 16v ABF Engine Manual

love a copy mate. Top man
  20. Never Laughed so much:)

What gets me so much about the Mk 2 Cupra's is how they never seem to get the praise that they deserve. When the MK 2 Ibiza Cupra's were brought out they were against the clio williams, I can't remember there being a glowing report about my car but they are just fantastic. Most clio willams...
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.