Search results

1. ChrisBoom

Crono Yellow 2007 Ibiza Cupra TDI - THS Intercooler & more 21.02.13

As fuzzy says, direct replacement for the original. Seems far better quality.
  2. ChrisBoom

00588 - Airbag Igniter; Driver Side (N95)

Fixed. Removed the slip ring, and installed it all again, seems to have fixed it! Must have been a dodgy connection in there somewhere.
  3. ChrisBoom

00588 - Airbag Igniter; Driver Side (N95)

Small problem with my Cupra. Had to change the heater motor, which meant removing the On/Off switch for the passenger airbag, which puts the airbag light on. Replaced the motor, and went to turn the airbag light off using VCDS. However, the light will not turn off, and the following...
  4. ChrisBoom

Heater blowers not working? Climatronic system

Replaced: http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=375223
  5. ChrisBoom

Heater fan removal

My old motor and new one seemed the same, though I did have the new model - The part numbers changed in 2007, new versions must be uprated!
  6. ChrisBoom

Can a replacement headunit still be controlled via the steering wheel controls?

Cables to make it work cost a fortune, when I got mine I was £200odd for the headunit then about £75 in cables (iPod, main harness and controls adapter)
  7. ChrisBoom

Front coilovers

Look ok to me. Check the springs for any markings etc to identify them.
  8. ChrisBoom

Heater fan removal

Should also note the new fan is far better than the old one, must of been on it's way out for a while! Stopped the climatronic screen flashing too, removed the fault code for the motor: VCDS-Lite Version: Release 1.2 Wednesday, 06 March 2013, 15:53:19. Control Module Part Number: 6L0 820...
  9. ChrisBoom

Heater fan removal

It can indeed be done without removing the dash. Quite rough, but it can be done. Haynes manual will be handy for removing glovebox etc. 1. Remove glovebox as much as possible (Lid, top etc). 2. Pop end cap off the dash and remove the three bolts behind there 3. Remove pollen filter cover etc...
  10. ChrisBoom

AP Brakes binding

Ah, there's a good explanation! Shall give that a go, cheers.
  11. ChrisBoom

AP Brakes binding

Sure was, pistons were back correctly too. Think I will just take a little off!
  12. ChrisBoom

AP Brakes binding

Put new front discs & pads on my ibiza, but the passenger side brakes are binding slightly. While installing the pads, I noticed the pad on the outside went in freely, while the pad on the inside was very tight, almost as though the caliper was off-centre. Anyone have any suggestions...
  13. ChrisBoom

Tried a replacement motor today, works fine. Old motor has indeed **** itself! Now to try and get the old one out :(
  14. ChrisBoom

Heater fan removal

New motor has arrived so ill make a start next weekend
  15. ChrisBoom

Heater fan removal

I've seen other reports of it being removed without the dash needing to come out, I'll just get in about it and see if I can get it out. New motor on the way!
  16. ChrisBoom

Aye I thought it was the boost pipes that were leaking so bought all new seals etc.. Good job I checked the Seat Sport one when I was cleaning it!
  17. ChrisBoom

Heater fan removal

It's only the top half of the glovebox that comes out by the looks of things :( Yeah, pretty certain it's the motor, put 12v to it and nothing happened!
  18. ChrisBoom

Well finally got my boot lock back from the sprayers; So got it fitted: Next was the brakes. What an utter, utter **** of a job. Passenger side was fine, pins came out no problem, discs & pads were changed easy. However, drivers side was a different story. Pins were completely seized...
  19. ChrisBoom

Heater fan removal

My heater motor has packed in, is it really a case of dash out? Or can it be bodged out somehow? Really, really don't want to remove the dash!
  20. ChrisBoom

Well that's good news, I'll just get in amongst it an see what happens!
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.