Search results

1. Street

Aircon blower not working

Over the last month I've had a nightmare with my car and the dealers. I'd used some contaminated fuel and damaged the injectors. I got it back a week ago and it broke down again on the way home so got it towed back to the garage and they needed to replace the fuel sender unit. I picked it up...
  2. Street

P0299 Fault Code

Well I've got some MAF cleaner so I guess it won't hurt to take it off at the weekend and give it a clean. Weird thing is, the car drove fine after I restarted the engine both times and no fault codes have shown up in the 3 months since it last happened.
  3. Street

P0299 Fault Code

I was on my way in to work this morning and had the engine go into limp mode. I pulled over, switched the engine off and on and it cleared itself and started normally. When I got into work I plugged my reader in and read the code as P0299. This is the second time its done this in just over 3...
  4. Street

Leon FR PD170 TDi Injector problem

I think they did my loom when I had them done, I assumed it was part of the job of having them replaced!
  5. Street

Leon FR PD170 TDi Injector problem

I had the phone call today telling me to bring my car in to have it checked out. I'd had all my injectors replaced back in May last year though as when my car was stolen the idiots filled it with petrol and killed the injectors! So hopefully mine already has the newer type in and won't need to...
  6. Street

Looking for Double Din Head unit :)

I've got an Alpine W505R in mine and its all hooked up to my bluetooth and steering controls. I did a thread a while back with a few pics and the kit needed to hook it up to the Seat bluetooth. Heres the link! :) Surprisingly it was all still in there too with my sat nav after I got my...
  7. Street

Seat leon plastic engine cover

Did you manage to find this out? Was just Googling for the clips and this thread came up! :) Been out for a drive and noticed smoke coming from my bonnet. Stopped and checked and the damn engine cover had come off and knocked the dip stick out so oil had gone everywhere! Its the second...
  8. Street

Injector failure

I've phoned them up and told them just to get it all sorted.. Think I'd feel happier if it was all sorted! Unfortunately there isn't a warranty and I'm on a motor trader policy for insurance so I'm waiting for them to get back to me to see if its worth claiming it.. Could be an expensive week! :(
  9. Street

Injector failure

After having my car stolen and the idiots putting a full tank petrol in it and ragging it till its died, its killed one of my injectors. Its in the garage at the moment getting repaired but the garage have recommended that I change all of the injectors while the engine is in pieces in case...
  10. Street

Naked MK2 FR owner?

Good work.. Just a shame he didn't manage to stop them running off!
  11. Street

Bike rack for Leon

Its only a Speccy Rockhopper.. Not carbon unfortunately, couldn't stretch the cash that far! I think I'm leaning towards getting roof bars.. Although those Saris Bones do seem to be highly recommended. I guess I'll have to research and see how much pressure they would put on the spoiler as...
  12. Street

Bike rack for Leon

Thanks for the link! :) Didn't think about getting a roof rack.. Might have a look into one of those instead!
  13. Street

Bike rack for Leon

Damn.. I had read around that there might be problems with them if you have a spoiler fitted!
  14. Street

Bike rack for Leon

As its getting near the summer I plan on taking my new bike out for a blast around some woods etc. As much as I'd love to fold the seats down and put it in the back to keep it safe, I don't want to do this if its covered in crap! Does anyone have any recommendations on a decent affordable...
  15. Street

60K Service + Cam Belt

Surprisingly, when I had my cam belt changed a few weeks back the main dealers were the cheapest of all the garages around me! They said they had an offer on cam belts at the time, so had my 50k service, air con regas, cam belt and water pump done for £444 inc VAT on my FR TDI.
  16. Street

Leon FR TDI 50k service

I'd say it would be OK. To me the difference is like night and day.. Just feels so much more responsive, pulls harder and is smoother. Get it done! :)
  17. Street

Leon FR TDI 50k service

Touch wood I've not had a problem with it. I bought the car when it was 1 year old, about a week later I had it remapped and its now 4 years old with no problems! :) Had it dynod about a year after I had it remapped to see what it was getting and it was about 200 so I was fairly happy with that.
  18. Street

Leon FR TDI 50k service

Mines 4 years old unfortunately so that bumps the price up with the cam belt needing to be changed! :(
  19. Street

Leon FR TDI 50k service

Well it seems I need my cam belt doing as well.. Had a quote of £444 inc VAT for the service and cam belt, does this sound reasonable?
  20. Street

Leon FR TDI 50k service

Well my FR is coming up to the 50k mark now and am going to book her in for a service. Was trying to make sense of the maintenance manual but it was all in KM so I wasn't sure what needed doing when! Is the 50k service just an oil and filter change? The timing belt doesn't need changing...
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.