Search results

1. Sill damage (with pictures) - best action?

alright guys Went on a trip up to Manchester and parked my car up. Noticed the next day some :censored: has damaged my car (dented in the sill and rear section of drivers door) - no note or cameras sadly. What's the best course of action? :confused: I'm thinking: Leave the car as is and...
  2. Car locking on ignition

Cheers for the reply. Yer same car as the sig. I'm located in South Wales. You anywhere near?
  3. Car locking on ignition

Hi guys Bit of background...I bought a pioneer stereo and fitted it, the next morning the car laboured slightly on start up, then the next morning it really laboured. I read up and found the stereo is likely to be wired wrong and is draining the battery (had a new battery fitted earlier in...
  4. Ticking noise cured!!

Yer, my badge came off a year or two back and I found it lodged against the exhaust manifold cover :D nothing more than a re-moulded badge, thankfully...
  5. Car juddering

Yer thats a good point, I think I'll fill up every now and then with the V-Power fuel rather than buy the specific stuff once and dump it in...we'll see if the 1.4 75hp turns into a beast :rolleyes: Yer, I was thinking the same until last week, haha, atleast its a relatively cheap / straight...
  6. Car juddering

I live in S.Wales, thanks for the help...but think it's sorted now. I changed all the coil packs this morning and went for a drive around and the car has not juddered once *touch wood!* So looks like one of the coil packs was on the way out. I had one changed at Christmas, so I've got a spare...
  7. Car juddering

Update... The car has been to the garage for a look over and test drive. The guy said the car is appearing to mis-fire now and again but when connecting it to the computer no fault codes are logged so couldn't tell for sure what was causing it... So a bit stumped really, will have to...
  8. Car juddering

Thanks for the advice. I've got a garage to have a quick look over it this afternoon to see if they notice anything. Just bought 4 coil packs of eurocarparts (as they are doing 25% off) so will have replacements if it turns out to be one of them. I've been wanting to buy some VCDS...
  9. Car juddering

Thanks for the reply. Yer the juddering isn't serious atm, but definitely happening. Can this be a sign that a coil pack is on the way out? Or do coil packs just stop working straight?
  10. Car juddering

Hi Guys Looking for a bit of advice really. On the drive home I noticed my car started to judder every now and again (when changing gears, accelerating) and when idling the needle moves ever so slightly (probably normal). I've got no lights on the dash. Could be a lot of things but from...
  11. Rear Door Not Locking

I've read that the microswitch sticks and the only way to change the microswitch is to change the latch? If anyone has had experience with this issue please let me know how to get it sorted! Thanks
  12. Rear Door Not Locking

Hi I just noticed that my cars rear passenger door (behind the driver) only locks intermittently. This happens when I use the key fob and manually lock via the drivers door. Sometimes the rear door locks, sometimes it doesn't. I remember reading a few threads about this a while ago but...
  13. Gearbox oil change

Googling change your gearbox oil, must have ended up reading about a different type of oil change. Might give it a go over the christmas holiday. Thanks for the info as to how to do it.
  14. Power Steering Fluid leak

Found out it wasn't the power steering fluid leaking, it was the coolant :whistle: Still got a slight leak, I know where it is, just haven't been able to get it sorted and doesn't leak much at all. I found out (scan via VAGCOM) that the power steering comes on now and again at start...
  15. Gearbox oil change

I was thinking about doing it myself but then read that you had to warm the car up, get the car at a specific temp etc. So its similar to any other oil then...drain and re-fill? (obv. not that easy but you get what I mean) Any specific tools?
  16. Gearbox oil change

Hi The gears on my car, 1st (slight trouble getting it in sometimes) and 2nd (feels quite 'notchey') but all the other gears are smooth. I'm looking to follow a video I found via here to adjust them on the weekend. But also I'm thinking about getting the oil changed, how much is this...
  17. Oxygen sensor - needs replacing?

This link might help..if you need a new front lamba http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=344898 I ended up changing the lamba sensor (front one) myself, took about 40 mins, but if I did it again it would take 10 - theres a certain way to remove it. I bought a NKT lamba (£120ish...
  18. Roof Rack

Sorted in the end...thanks for the help. Got the 'thule bars: 761' and 'thule feet: 754' for £20 from gumtree, 'Thule 1266 Fitting Pack' for £20 off ebay and 'thule freerider' x 2 for £80 with 4 locks (found on amazon for £40 for 2 :censored:) It all fits well to the car, pretty happy...
  19. Roof Rack

Just want to check before buying, will: thule bars: 761 thule feet: 754 Thule 1266 Fitting Pack Fit the mk4 ibiza 5dr (2003)? Pretty sure these will, but not 100%! Some have come up on gumtree. Thanks
  20. Roof Rack

Thanks for the recommendations. Looks like its around £200 for the; Bars: "Thule wing bars" and Bike carrier: "Outride 561". The towbar option seems more expensive - around £180 for a detachable towbar and £50 odd for the carrier. Think I'll go for the roof option, wouldn't be covering...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.