Search results

1. druddle

iPod with new Leon Cupra ST

Yeah I have the old 160GB iPod classic. Surprisingly it still works OK !!!! I wonder if the touch will work though.
  2. druddle

iPod with new Leon Cupra ST

I just bought a Nov2020 Cupra Leon ST today. When i plug my old 160GB iPod into to the infotainment system, it tells me its not recognised. Is there any way to get it to work, or am I going to have to copy all the MP3s onto a big memory stick !!!
  3. druddle

Good afternoon all (again)

Yeah I had a 53 plate black LCR that had the APR remap !!! The good old days....
  4. druddle

Good afternoon all (again)

Hello everyone ! I have just ordered a nice new ex-demo Leon Cupra Estate eHybrid. I have had a Leon Cupra R Mk1 (modded with ACR remap) as well as a Leon FR in the past, and I was bored of my lovely Ford Edge armchair on wheels, so its good to be back with Seats again !!!
  5. druddle

November Leon update

Hi all I saw a thread a few days ago containing what is changed as part of the November Leon update. Does it include the cr@ppy speakers ? Dave
  6. druddle

Replacement front speaker thread in ICE

Got to magic up 50 posts and wait 30 days.....
  7. druddle

Hi Rob OK, I will forget the satnav, I can use a Garmin Nuvi for that. Generally I listen to house, r&b, hip hop and drum&bass (some people say I am having a mid life crisis at 35...). Dont want to have to fit a sub and amp really. Also not interested in buggering about changing tweeters ...
  8. druddle

Hi Rob Yeah I left the standard door tweeter in there and replaced the door speaker. Its a mid/bass unit, not a 2-way so i didnt think I needed to do anything special. Right, If I can do it with just the front door speakers (mid/bass or 2-way) then something around the 100 quid mark for those...
  9. druddle

Did you disconnect the door tweeters or have you just left as is, and use the tweeters on the Alpines aswell ? Dave
  10. druddle

So I guess the options I have are: 1. Put the OEM speakers back in. 2. Replace front speakers for something else. 3. Replace HU and see what it sounds like with the SPLs 4. Replace HU and add amp for door speakers. I am tempted to just put the OEMs back in as I really dont want to have to...
  11. druddle

I have heard others say the same. If I put the fader all the way forward it sounds shite, compared to if I just use the back speakers which are the OEM. I was hoping they would sound OK off the std head unit.... I dont want to go down the route of amps, crossovers, etc., so if I was to...
  12. druddle

I may as well put a pair of SPLs in the rear aswell while I am there :D
  13. druddle

Hi all, Blatant cross-posting here but has anyone replaced the front door speakers in the Leon (mines an FR 57 plate) ? I did this week after looking at a thread on here and the new SPL Dynamics 6.1 speak sound terrible compared to the OEM ones. Has anyone replaced them recently and what...
  14. druddle

Replaced front speakers on Leon FR - disappointed

I used the Autoleads adapter. It has the standard headunit, but at least one other person on the other thread has put these speakers in and said that the sound is better, which is not what I have seen !! Dave
  15. druddle

Replaced front speakers on Leon FR - disappointed

Hi all, Last night I replaced the front speakers on my 2007 Leon FR. Following the details on this thread, I removed the original fronts and installed the Autolead adapters and some SPL Dynamics 6.1 mid/bass speakers. The install went fine, I also added some Dynamat Extreme to the inside...
  16. druddle

What do we do for a Manual then ?

I bought the said Elsawin DVD off Fleabay. Just building a virtual machine to put it on so I will let you know how i get on.
  17. druddle

Manual or DSG FR TDI (170)

drewFR - what problems did you have that meant the unit had to be replaced ? PM me if you want.
  18. druddle

Manual or DSG FR TDI (170)

I have the DSG in my FR (admittedly its a petrol not a diesel). Yes you do have to get used to driving with it, and pulling away smoothly and quickly is a skill that needs mastering, but after 12 years of performance hatches with manual boxes, I would now not go back to a manual from a DSG. I...
  19. druddle

Seat Extendable Warranty?

My FR TFSi will be 3 years old in Sept (just over a month) and the dealer that services is (Camberley Seat) have offered an extended warranty that matches the cover the existing Seat warranty offers for just under £230 per year. I will be taking it for piece of mind, and due to having the...
  20. druddle

step by step speaker change.

Is it still worth putting some dynamat behind the speakers if you replace them, even with the adapters?
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.