Search results

1. ianltd

Tailgate gas springs

Hi, Mine seemed to do it about two months ago (58 Stylance) and the Dealers changed them under warranty on the service and..............................Exactly the same:( So much so, that when I picked it up from the service, I went back in and asked if they'd forgotten to do it!! Check...
  2. ianltd

3 Years and counting :)

And I thought I was in the minority being 'sick' about the look of these cars. I spent ages reseaching these before I got one and figured they are soooo underrated. I really don't think they could improve on them (Alfa designer an' all)!! Seems to me, if you look at it from an all round...
  3. ianltd

Rear Light Failure - Things to check?

Hi, Yep, had the same prob last weekend (R/H inner tail bulb) Bought some bulbs from Halfrauds - fitted one in the car park and it was fine. Went down the road and dash light came on again:confused: Swapped the bulbs from left to right and vice-versa, the right lamp still wasn't...
  4. ianltd

Armrest (again!)

Yeah, good point.....................thanks for your input guys:D
  5. ianltd

Armrest (again!)

Hi, I expect everyone is fed up with armrests, but I came across this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190329877661&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT On the main pic., it doesn't seem to have the bottom bracket, and seems like it may fit like the SEAT one:confused: What do...
  6. ianltd

Window Wipers....WTF!!!!

Glad you got it sorted mate:D I must admit, WHEN they work, I think they are among the best wipers I have had - they clear a large amont of area, and look so cool doin' it:D Cheers, Ian
  7. ianltd

My FR on the Nurburgring

Nice pic mate, and something to be proud of:) You'll always remember it!! I bet you and the missus have eaten all the mint imperials though:D (that bit kills me!!)
  8. ianltd

Window Wipers....WTF!!!!

Hi, Glad this has helped:) Apparently, the guy says, if the signal wire is on its way out, the right wiper can do all sorts of weird stuff, not just what mine did, so when you take yours in, you can pretty much tell them whats wrong! It might save the six hours for them to find out the...
  9. ianltd

Window Wipers....WTF!!!!

I took mole grips to put on the spline ................ just in case:D
  10. ianltd

Window Wipers....WTF!!!!

Hi, Just a quick update on the dodgy wipers that had a row! Got the car back today and yeah.............they work:happy: In case anyone gets the same stuff happening, it turns out that the left wiper tells the right wiper what to do (a bit like a marriage really) by sending signals down a...
  11. ianltd

Window Wipers....WTF!!!!

Yeah, I think the drivers one had a 'headache':confused: When the guy working on it came back several times for a progress report with 'that look' on his face, I knew it wasn't goin' to get any better! At one point, I asked him to nail it back together and I would take somewhere else - but then...
  12. ianltd

Window Wipers....WTF!!!!

Not wishing to hi-jack!! but this morning I was on way to work and the drivers wiper went down the screen - same as the passengers but then shot back up at warp speed and smacked itself against the pillar, shot out an inch and then returned!! On the next intermittent stroke, it did the same...
  13. ianltd

Where do you keep yours?

Hi, Just my 2p's worth. Ages ago, I bought one of these press/swivel open silver sunglass holder and I've put it above the centre roof light. I used the 'furry' side of velcro strips on the case and it sticks like 's**t to a corgi' to the Leon head lining fabric:D therefore - no...
  14. ianltd

Who's got the highest mileage Leon Mk2?

Had mine end of october '08, now just clocked 15500 - 1.9TDi:D Absolutely now problems or complaints what so ever - so far:happy:
  15. ianltd

Glovebox Light Leon Mk II....Anyone fitted one

Taken a while to reply, but I thought I had one when I read the thread late Sunday night and I checked today and YEAH I HAVE ONE and on a courtesy switch too:D Strange how some do and some don't isn't it:confused: 58 Plate Stylance. Ian
  16. ianltd

Aux socket in Lean FR 170bhp

Hi Tim, This cable I've got was off eBay from a supplier called 'Cheapcables" and it seems to be sound............pardon the pun:D Don't let the name put you off, it was a really good high quality type cable for around five to six pounds. Just search "3.5mm Aux-in cables"and a few will come...
  17. ianltd

Aux in problems

Hi, Try using the Star button on the left side of your steering whell, it sort of scrolls through FM, CD, Aux etc. I just stop on Aux, plug in the iPod and away to go! Got to admit, I've never selected Aux from the unit, but it should work like that I suppose anyway:blink: Just a...
  18. ianltd

Aux socket in Lean FR 170bhp

Heres my 2P worth:D I have an iPod Nano, and bought a real good quality, thick, oxygen-free 2metre cable with gold end plugs - and the reproduction is spot-on. Maybe the cable?:confused: Just trying to help!! Regards, Ian
  19. ianltd

2009 Mk2 Leon facelift.

I gotta agree, it looks sort of a bit pants! IMHO I don't think they could do a fat lot to improve the look of the current MK2 anyhow, the whole lot flows from front to back, and it looks right from every angle - there isn't too many cars you can say that about is there?:D Cheers Ian
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.