Search results

1. andy_dea

which red top battery can u use for ibiza cupra

relocating the battery in the cuppra to the passenger seat well, so going to get a light weight smaller battery, anyone who knows much about them advise me on which one to get as im unsure of the power i will need? car now has, no aircon, sterio, interior lights, if this will allow a...
  2. andy_dea

EPS Problem

right been messing on with the car lately, and had the inlet manifold and throttlebody off put it all back together today and went for a spin, and was fine till went to floor it, and eps would flash up, then go away then eps come on and killed all power to the car, and took all power off...
  3. andy_dea

loosing engine bay junk? >whats the black box next to the washer bottle in a cupra?

right guys looking what else can be stripped from the cupra without effecting the engine to much the black box next to the washer bottle looks like part of a egr system can this be binned? also i know the secondary air system is to warm the cat on startup, since i have no cat can this go...
  4. andy_dea

paintshop/body shop people or anyone who knows about home use compressors????

wondering if anyone can help me out? looking into buying a compressor for home use im after using it for both spraying parts of the car, and also be able to use it to power windy tools, just looking through the machine mart catalogue and plenty in there but could do with some advice...
  5. andy_dea

Road to weight loss

been busy stripping my cupra so few update pics at moment all interior gone; heat matrix still to go, and firewall sound deading all sound deading from floor sides of car gone ( was over a stone of weight alone) all redundant brackets removed some interior wiring removed more to come...
  6. andy_dea

Moddified cupra front bumper update pics

following on from the other tread about meashing front bumpers once bar removed heres a progress pic of my big turbo frendly front bumper im working on, all been plastic welded back together so minimal amount of filler to be used and very strong still first pic second pic...
  7. andy_dea

modified cupra bumper pics??

anyone modified the front cupra bumper, opening the mouth ect for intercoolers? thinking of removing the centre bar and opening the sides to form ducts for brakes and induction hosing
  8. andy_dea

FAO BILL, ROB T, custom cage bolt in rear moutn pics needed?

bill, rob, i know both of you have got the custom cage rock, bolt in cage, can someone take a pic of the rear mounts for me where the cage meets the inner arches as need to make some mounts up, and want to see how others done it cheers andy
  9. andy_dea

removing the glue after stripping the tar sounddeading off?

started the task of stripping the tar sounddeading from inside the car last night got all the rear done, just the front to go people who have done it what solvents have you used to get all the glue and remains off the bodywork after? cheers andy
  10. andy_dea

20vt upgraded cam questions

was looking through a performance vw the other day and see that more companys are starting to produce diff cams for the 20vt engine, anyone with a big turbo upgraded theres? just dont seam to hear much about cams on these engines
  11. andy_dea

people who removed air con what belt is needed

hopefully this weekend will remove the aircon condencer and rad, and anyone know which belt can be used? been told single sided but unsure on length
  12. andy_dea

Show us your 17in alloys?

well wanted to go to 15s for better tyre choose but don’t want to waste cash having to sell my brembos so poss thinking of going to 17in wheels now thought people might want to post up what wheels they have what suit the cupra style idea is some 17s with toyo 888 rubber on them any pics...
  13. andy_dea

metal impella water pump part no and where to get?

has anyone got the part number for a water pump which has the metal impella? look on gsf and loads of them listed or anywhere else online can get them cheers andy
  14. andy_dea

where can you get the DB level of your exhaust checked?

when my cars done and home i want to check the db level of the exhaust, as dont want to pay to go to track days if going to get chucked off the first lap i do does anyone know if mot stations ect can check the db levels? cheers andy
  15. andy_dea

will a 15in alloy fit over the standard cupra brakes?

just wondering if a 15in alloy wheel like a super leggra will fit over the standard cupra brakes?
  16. andy_dea

http://www.seqshift.com/index.php

http://www.seqshift.com/index.php just been looking through some old threads and came across this converts standard vag box into seq movment type plan on 1/4 and tracking my car alot and at the mo can not afford to spend 7k plus on a full seq gearbox wonder if its worth wile mod as...
  17. andy_dea

ibiza cupra brake upgrade which wil allow 15in wheels to be used?

when get my car back thinking of downgrading in size on wheels 15in provides alot more tyre options so think ill sell the brembos and look into a new brake it as unless anyone knows, carnt see any 15in alloy fitting over them so what options in brake kits are out there to be able to...
  18. andy_dea

help needed getting usb lead to work

got a usb lead of ebay like many others, now the usb software off the ross tech website searches for a ross tec lead, which mine is not, any way to get it to read my usb lead? or a diff version of vag com? please help cheers andy
  19. andy_dea

anyone got a pic of a blue flame mk3 cupra exhaust

see jabba supply the 2.75 in blue flame kit as on option for ihi has anyone got this exhaust and a pic of the tailpipe? cheers andy
  20. andy_dea

what flow should standard cupra maff show on standard map?

we where playing with vag com yesterday for the first time, on my mk3 ibiza, everything is standard on the car engine wise the maff readings where only hitting 100.6 or something and was wondering what other people are logging on standard engine, new to vag com ect and just started playing...