Search results

1. Songman

Santa`s JABBA IHI powered LCR

Hey! thanks everyone for the kind comments - apologies for the delay in responding. Firstly regarding my keeping the car - well, is not Conservation the latest 'Eco' adage? and, of course, you all know how much I love to be in the vanguard of any new social convention;) - err - believe that...
  2. Songman

Update - 106543 miles and counting! Well, it's been a long road to here!!! - it sure has - nearly 6 years now since Jabba modded the car, and the 'old girl', rather like her owner, was getting a bit the worse for wear!!! For over 100,000 miles the 'Jabbacar' has given me some of the best...
  3. Songman

I'm not the best drag racer by a long way - put it down to mechanical sympathy - so I doubt Ill be very fast on the strip Other guys however don't seem bother so much - not a turbo in sight by the way![B)] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xB0QJ9k-Nhs By zed06head, shot with COOLPIX S210...
  4. Songman

I 'll keep you in mind - don't know what it will do on the s/f straight - I will probably need to get an altimeter fitted as well as speedo, cause I reckon I'm going to be spendin' a lot of time airbourne. Even for all the spec of the Z06, it is still only like St1/ road spec engine build -...
  5. Songman

You want to try modding a Z06 Vette! - Credit crunch, what credit crunch!:blink::whistle: Any jobs goin' Mister:think::drive2:
  6. Songman

Cheers!:cheers:
  7. Songman

Thanks! - I'll PM you when I want to sell it!;)
  8. Songman

I will be up at Knockhill no doubt to set the car up, and probably do some track days, and maybe at Crail too- we'll see! The car is for road use really - I never go over seventy anyway - too scary:help: - Oohh dear, and think about all that nasty Carbon Dioxide too! :weedy: I see Jabba is...
  9. Songman

I'm pretty sure that I'm at the limit of the IHI setup, and that is plenty enough for me for normal road use. There's no such thing as a free lunch when it come to power outputs - much more power is available from the 1.8T which is great, but there is always a downside, be it extra lag...
  10. Songman

It's a wee rasper:D - the Vette's a big rasper:scary: Cheers:cheers:
  11. Songman

Cheers:cheers:
  12. Songman

Thanks for the thought, nice of you! - I'm flattered:redface: I still have the the Jabbacar, and its going fine, amazing really, at it is now very close to the 100,000 mile mark! By zed06head at 2008-04-03 By zed06head at 2008-04-03 It is still the best fun car I ever owned, and the...
  13. Songman

turbo specs-interesting read-TD,garrets etc

Didn't mean to crowd your thread:rolleyes: but I couldn't resist when Bill mentioned V8s:) The kit is an amazing piece of work - Interesting point for Cupra lovers like me is that the kit is posted at £7GBP ex works, which is not bad when you consider the loads of dosh we spend on our Seats...
  14. Songman

turbo specs-interesting read-TD,garrets etc

http://www.airpowersystems.com/corvette/z06.htm :D:funk:
  15. Songman

variable boost with IHI

That's good news! - you must be relieved :thumbup:- didn't imagine that there was that much wrong with it anyhow, but it's always best to let the experts have a look:)
  16. Songman

variable boost with IHI

Ah! - distance is a problem for me too - I know how you feel, I'm 350 miles away from them! One of the main reasons the car has been a success for me is that it has been for the most part, reliable. Had I considered it to be unreliable then, bearing in mind the distance I have to travel if I...
  17. Songman

variable boost with IHI

I think that perhaps you should get Jabba to look at it - or are they too far away? My LCR was one of the first to have Jabba's IHI kit fitted back in Nov 2005. Since then I've done over 53,000 miles with the original DP, manifold and turbo exhaust housing - the bearings failed due to a...
  18. Songman

variable boost with IHI

My TIP came right off at the turbo in Glasgow, December last - left me stranded.:cry: Prior to that I had been losing boost for about 100 miles, much as you describe, and was rather puzzled as to why - I suppose I should have cottoned on, as it is really a 'service check' item - ah well! -...
  19. Songman

cupra internals

Just for the record! - The bearings in my first IHI failed at 17000 miles for one reason only - incorrect spring fitted to the DV - right colour, wrong spring rate, supplied to me by the manufacturers of the DV! - work that one out for yourselves[:@] Worse still! - I fitted the damn thing...
  20. Songman

WRC stylee??

Here`s mine :) http://media.putfile.com/Lcr-Vid-1
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.