Search results

1. What you need to install an aftermarket stereo in Mk2 Leon

i've got everything you need for sale, SEAT double din fascia, the clips you need to hold it in place, CAN-bus to ISO adapter, powered aerial adapter . . . http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?p=2320261#post2320261
  2. Closing your windows with your keyfob

they're not supposed to. this way you can choose how much you want you windows to go down by. otherwise it would just be fully up or fully down . . . and why would you want your mirrors to unfold on the key can I ask?
  3. Parts needed for aftermarket headunit swap!

ye, didn't see the spring clip bit . . soz. . my stylance had the silver dash and matched perfectly with the option a, but I see what you mean if they don't have your colour . . .
  4. Financial advice for self employed - Ready to buy a Cupra

pretty sure you can't reclaim VAT on a car unless it's strictly for business use only and doesn't come with a stereo!! stupid I know . . . although you can reclaim half the VAT back on leases, that is, if you are VAT registered. . .
  5. Parts needed for aftermarket headunit swap!

just one thing to point out, when you order the fascia for the double din unit from seat, you have to order the retaining clips as well, separately, because SEAT are so poo, they don't tell you that you need these clips . . which I found out the hard way. I hot-glue gunned mine in place at first...
  6. Parts needed for aftermarket headunit swap!

I don't see why you'd ever want to go for option (b) of two separate adapters when you can just get option (a) as a complete, smooth looking fascia. . . . people only used to got for option b when option a wasn't available, or at least, no one knew about it . . . ye, so forget about option b
  7. Closing your windows with your keyfob

mines a 57, first reg'd october . . . think it might be a setting in the comfort settings / Total closure or whatever . . . I was messing about with it a while back . . if you have bluetooth have a play around with it.
  8. Closing your windows with your keyfob

I knew this was possible . . On my FR if you hold down the lock button, it folds in the mirrors. . . keep it held down and it closes the windows. Hold open and it opens all the windows until you let go . . . but I thought you had to keep the lock button held down to fully close the windows. ...
  9. Boot Tray - Again!!

I thought that you meant the "additional boot tray" that sits right underneath the parcel shelf, with lots of extra storage. . . I have one of these and it's a god send!! In it I store my sat nav, large first aid kit, torch, screwdrivers, Lynx chocolate ;) phone charger, sat nav charger, ipod...
  10. What do you do with your right arm?

I have my seat at the lowest position possible. I don't see the problem at all. The door trim is the same height as the armrest, I tried (for a second) resting my arm at the bottom of the window and I felt like a right ****, and never doin that again!! I always have my arm resting on the door...
  11. Remote Boot Open

ye, I suppose it may catch someone out . . . but it will still be possible to just unlock all the doors and open it manually won't it?? rather than holding the boot button on the remote . .
  12. Remote Boot Open

I don't see why it being fast is a problem?? you're not going to be stood in the way of it so it's not like it's gonna hit you . . .
  13. LED SideLight Blubs

Poverty - sent you a P.M. please check your message inbox.
  14. 580 miles without filling up...

can I ask what speed you do on the motorway?? I've read that 6th at 70mph is the most economical, did this on a long trip last night and barely managed to get to 40 mpg . . . and that WAS driving like a grandad, tickling the accelerator and you say that you weren't driving like a grandad and get...
  15. LED SideLight Blubs

however, if you have factory fit HIDs, this mod is an EXCELLENT one. lol :D
  16. LED SideLight Blubs

not wanting to burst bubbles, but I did this mod, and next to the standard headlights, they look stupid. like a really bad chav mod. . . . 'ultra bright white LED' sidelights next to yellow headlights. However, I must agree, the pic above looks pretty damn sweet, that's why I did it...
  17. Now running Bluefin

it's worth noting that some people have had problems and not been able to revert back to the original map.
  18. Rear Tweeter/Door Handle Rattle?

I have this but it seems to be the chrome handle itself that is making the noise as when touched gently I can feel it moving and when I apply pressure to the handle, it stops
  19. Audio Decisions

just thought I'd point out that apparently the Seat Ipod connecter is poo in terms of how limited it is!! i.e. you can only play 6 playlists (the first 5 playlists saved, and 'NOW PLAYING', and not browse the artists (if I remember correctly) I used to have a double din JVC unit in my old one...
  20. Leon Car Mats - SNAPPED 7 CLIPS!!!!

I know what you mean mate, I had a set in my 2.0 fsi (which is now in car heaven) with no clips and didn't bother me but with my new fr it's all perfect apart from the crappy cheapo clips . . . (as I said before . . . ) "the truth is my drivers mat can only move about 1 cm in any...
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.