Search results

1. godber225r

Central locking problem.....

Changed three of these on my car the fronts are a pain to do. the microswitch goes in them so the car doesn't know the door is open or shut. And my indicators didnt flash when i locked the car. the rears are more expensive than the fronts. Fronts are about 100 quid from dealer. Just waiting...
  2. godber225r

LCR and 345miles a tank

I would say this is more realistic to the mpg of these cars!!! never got 450 miles or 40 mpg from mine ever!!!! 33mpg was the best. these arn't economic cars if you want that get a TDI!!!
  3. godber225r

Xbox Live Gamer tags

pedroGodber if you got black ops and fancy a game add me i'll play with you.
  4. godber225r

Forge Split r dv

Each too there own! it wasn't to my expectations a big waste of money imo!
  5. godber225r

Engine cover

There mega expensive from dealers. Ebay you can pick one up cheap there always on there.
  6. godber225r

HELP!! Found a loose pipe!!

yeah mine is exactly the same!! dont worry about it.
  7. godber225r

Forge Split r dv

The splitter valve is not loud at all mate! and you cant make it louder either. Take off your soundproofing on the bonnet and open the window thats the loudest you'll hear it. it was a great disappointment to me so i put my 007 back on.
  8. godber225r

SEATCupra.net 10 years old

Well done guys. This site is like gold for info!! many jobs on the car have been alot easier due to this site. May it go on forever:):)
  9. godber225r

No brake discs available, what you running?

I got brembo drilled discs with brembo pads. Lovely stopping power.
  10. godber225r

what engine oil

I use the halfords 5w30 vw audi oil. i get good trade discount on this as funds are tight now!!! i did use the castrol edge 5w 30 but it is pricey.
  11. godber225r

louder dv noise?

Hated reverse as i said. I swear it made the car perform less this way round and sometimes on the motorway it would constantly squeek till i lifted of the throttle. must of been boost pressure lifting the piston up couldn't of been good. i swapped it and all is better and no problems and its...
  12. godber225r

Air Filter

Piper cross panel thats all you need!!!
  13. godber225r

louder dv noise?

Does get annoying in reverse after about 2 weeks!!! just leave it how it was. DV noise isn't important in my opinion, Tried everything with mine reversing 007 and using a split r and both were annoying after a while. just have the 007 the normal way and a nice panel filter this is the best set...
  14. godber225r

door wont unlock

Its your lock module thats on its way out!! you want to do it soon before it doesnt unlock at all!! i have just changed one of mine in my LCR back doors, quite easy to do! it costs about 100 quid from dealer and now its sorted no problems. No way around it but to get it changed
  15. godber225r

copper washer on drain plug

I always change the bolt at every oil change. I bought 10 of them a few years back. saves allot of time and hassle. and there so cheap anyway.
  16. godber225r

poorly coil pack sick to death

You should of replaced all 4 coil packs if one goes its safer that way. and the platinum spark plugs are the ones you need too. and a tenner each is about right for one.
  17. godber225r

Benefits of wheel spacers

I was thinking handling but i did see a picture of a car on here cant remember who it was and their car had spacers and it looked really good
  18. godber225r

v power vs ordinary(supermarket) unleaded

Agree with the last statement the fuel drops so quick from half to empty!!!!!
  19. godber225r

Benefits of wheel spacers

What is the benefits of having these?? Thinking of getting 5mm spacers front and back from Forge but apart from looks is there any point to these??
  20. godber225r

LCR - boost leak?

Sounds about normal to me! in my 225 i get 12-14psi in 1st and 2nd and exactly the same readings as yours in 5th and 6th. i wouldn,t worry about it. Have you vag com'd it? do you get the 17705 code? as thats the boost leak code.
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members