Search results

1. godber225r

Benefits of wheel spacers

What is the benefits of having these?? Thinking of getting 5mm spacers front and back from Forge but apart from looks is there any point to these??
  2. godber225r

Views on Forge coldside kit

Im thinking of getting a forge coldside kit and giving my split r another chance i also have a 007p. What views do people have on this mod? is it worth it?
  3. godber225r

Boot s badge

Hi people My mates mk3 boot don't open he says it's the boot handle that's not working. He's got it out the car and he wants to know if you can dismantle it to fix or is it replace? If so how much we looking at Cheers guys
  4. godber225r

Silicon TIP fitting guide??

Ive given up searching!!!!!!:cry: Is there a guide on here/pictures on how to fit a silicone tip i just want to see how easy/hard the original one is to remove. I am going to get one very soon for my LCR (forge) and just doing a little research first on how to fit it? Any tips things i...
  5. godber225r

Brembo colour??

Going to get my brembos bead blasted and painted very soon as i laquered them last year and again there looking bad:(, and then a stone hit one and chipped the paint from re-surfacing my road the other week.[:@]:censored: Was wondering what colour to have them i have a platinum LCR and quite...
  6. godber225r

How much!!!!!!!!

Went to my local seat dealer today to pick up some bits i ordered, whilst in there wanted to get prices for the sat nav unit and associated bits to convert to the navigation system as i have always wanted one in my LCR. The centre console. ok i knew it was expensive at £303 i would stretch to...
  7. godber225r

Opinions and Experiences with.............

The FORGE SPLIT R DUMP VALVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is just for future searches for people. I had one for a week on my LCR i loved it for 4 of thoes days the sound it made was bloody lovely till!!!!!!!! I had to go on a road trip from my place in Southampton to Edinbourgh for a wedding this...
  8. godber225r

Leon jacking problems solved!!!

Spent half a day straightening out my sills last weekend and painting them with hammerite found on awesome GTi an audi TT jacking block set £20 all in!! Got them this morning a fitted them and would recommend them if you dont already have them. Nice and solid and no more bent sills part...
  9. godber225r

Brakes so much better!!

I actually got round to changing the brake/clutch fluid in the LCR today and wow!!!!! :funk: its a relatively easy job to do apart from bleeding the master cylinder:censored: very awkward and absolutley no room even with the charge pipe off! The fluid was a very dark brown almost black in...
  10. godber225r

R8 oil cap

Anyone fitted a R8 oil cap to their LCR?? Do you have any pictures?? im looking in to this but want to see what it looks like first:) Cheers!:p
  11. godber225r

Laquered Engine covers gone yellow!!!

As title says, I bought car 2 years ago and the garage had laquered the engine which i told them NOT to do. I have wanted to get it off for ages now as it looks hideous:cry: but didn't want to scratch/damage anything!! Now its gone yellow and started peeling at the edges. i really want to get...
  12. godber225r

is this a common fault??

Discovered the other day that one of my tyres doesnt seal on the rim anymore and discovered its been bodge repaired inside. So i need 2 new wheels as the spare is the same. Are the cupra r 18" wheels prone to cracking or distorting easily? anyone else suffered with flat spots on there wheels?
  13. godber225r

Remote Windows

Hi all, I went to the dealers to get my Cupra R 54 plate programed to have the windows close and open on the remote, They said it couldnt be done!!:cry: Anyway searched on Awsome gti and found a bit of kit called a ECS KVW100 that programmes this in to the car. But it was on the golf mk4...
  14. godber225r

Door lock and window control module

Where on the car (LCR 225) is the control module for the windows/door locks (if one exsists?) had a search couldnt quite find what i was looking for. Cheers in advance:)
  15. godber225r

Auto Gauge boost gauge. How to wire up correctly!!!!

Seen lots of threads on here about wanting to know how to wire up the halfords auto gauge boost gauge. lots of people wanting to know what wire goes where so here it goes!!!:) This is a guide on the correct way to fit/wire it up so you get it to light up and save the setting you last had it...
  16. godber225r

Goodridge brake lines

Looking into getting my brembos refurbished very soon as the laquer is peeling:( Im also going to upgrade to braided hoses all round. I found some but it only says there for a leon cupra the part number for that is SSE0401-4 but i dont know if these will fit the cupra r with the brembos...
  17. godber225r

3 button flip key

Today i found a volkswagen 3 button flip key whilst shopping with the mrs, WHAT A FIND!!!!:D My question is i have a 54 plate leon 225 that uses a 2 button flip key. Can this 3 button flip key be programmed to my car?? i think it can but the boot unlock button wont work?? or will it?? Maybe...
  18. godber225r

Standard boost 225??

Done some searching for the past half an hour and found that the LCR 225 has about 14psi standard boost? that right?? But what does it vac at?? I am fitting a PSI boost gauge soon so i need to know the figures so i know everything is good and its fitted right. And too see if my car has any...
  19. godber225r

What does FPR stand for?????

Researching on here in to fitting a boost gauge all seems good lots of info. But i keep reading where to put the T piece into and FPR is mentioned allot. What does it stand for?? coz i hear its better to put the T piece here rather than off the DV. Sorry if this sounds a silly question and...
  20. godber225r

Gearbox oil drain plug tool

Is the drain plug tool an M16 tamper proof spline socket? found one one ebay just want to see if its the correct one. Its basically a 16mm spline socket with a hole drilled in the top of it. Is this right???
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.